• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division PC performance thread

dr_rus

Mediocre. Any AMD benchmarks or just NVIDIA?

The-Division-1.5-PTS-DirectX-12-vs.-DirectX-11-AMD-Performance-Test-Benchmark-pcgh.png

Wag

I bought the game on Amazon for $10 and I'm sorry I did. 4k 3x 980Ti SLI setup and it runs like shit. Next time I will investigate if SLI actually works on a game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I bought the game on Amazon for $10 and I'm sorry I did. 4k 3x 980Ti SLI setup and it runs like shit. Next time I will investigate if SLI actually works on a game.

It does work, but the game is very demanding at max settings:

Division_3840.jpg

Division_3840_u.jpg

3840.jpg

Wag

I have a 3x 980Ti setup on a 5820k@4.3GHz. I'm not getting anywhere near those numbers @ 4k. At medium quality I'm getting like 43fps average at best.

Edit- I swapped slots for my cards and now I'm averaging 51fps in the benchmark at Ultra @ 4k(w/Vsync off). I guess that's about the best I can expect.

dr_rus

Word of warning with DX12 being officially released - it looks like HFTS don't work in DX12 mode even though you can select them in game's settings. The game falls back to Ultra shadows instead. Otherwise I see pretty much the same performance between DX11 and DX12 on my 1080.

Some results from the internal benchmark:

AEhc.png

chrislowe

My i5 6500 + RX480 using latest drivers gets me:

DX11 1980 x 1080 Ultra - 57FPS average CPU 62% / GPU 95%
DX12 1980 x 1080 Ultra - 60FPS average CPU 55% / GPU 91%

But DX12 feels way more smooth actually than those 3FPS that the benchmark shows compared to DX11.
Then again, both GPU and CPU takes a bigger hit in usage on DX11 aswell.

dr_rus

So DX12 actually gets a half decent boost for 1070/80s for once?

It always gets a boost when you're CPU limited. On 1070 and 1080 you're more often CPU limited as the cards are faster. I'd imagine that DX12 boosts are even more frequent on Titan XP.

Still, DX11 is better if you're GPU limited on NV.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
So DX12 actually gets a half decent boost for 1070/80s for once?

i have a 1070 and haven't noticed much a difference. if anything DX11 manages a few extra frames. i was looking to see what the lowest framerate was during the in game benchmark and DX11 got 77FPS and DX12 was 74FPS. i guess that could be with the margin of error. i didn't run the benchmark multiple times. also i'm not on the latest drivers, i'm on 376.09.

my 1070 runs at 2035/4375. my cpu is an i7-6700K at 4.5. RAM is 16GB DDR4 2666.

Any updates for multi gpu support? The support never felt right in the past. God I can't wait to replace these 2 980 tis for a single 1080ti. I've even been tempted by the Titan X but I'm holding strong.

Carlius

Banned
1070 here and with dx12 as all dx12 games so far, ive gotten much better perfoamnce. deus ex same thing too. now i dont drop below 60 at any time in the division.

Worth turning on dx12 on 980ti? Getting locked 60fps on my setup anyway, using PCSS shadows, everything else on ultra. Post process is turned off.

Is there much difference between AO on ultra to HBAO+?

Didn't realise there were more options. I maxed out some more, trying the benchmark again. Also putting object detail to 100%

My setup.

3770k stock
980ti
16GB
Win 10 @ 1080p, playing on tv.

Results:

Dx11.

Avg FPS 59.7, typical fps 60.
Avg CPU 44% Avg GPU 87%

Dx12.

Avg fps 59.8, typical fps 60.1, avg CPU 46%, avg GPU 80%

Asset streaming isn't that great, very noticeable LOD changes,

Should I leave sharpening image at default which is 70%?

LiveWire

Anyone have this issue shown below?

I just picked up a GTX 1070 (Nvidia Founder's Edition) today to replace my R9 280X.

Was expecting to be blown away (I game on 1080p), so I set all settings to max, HBAO, etc etc. and I got this. I can't figure out what is causing it. I've got an i5-4590, 16GB RAM, all drivers updated, Windows 10, using the Geforce Experience, etc. Any suggestions are most appreciated!!

divisionerror.png

Are you running in dx12? When I was benchmarking both dx11 and dx12, I was getting a really dark picture during the benchmark, as if the city was under shadows in dx12.

Try dx11 if you haven't already. I ended up leaving it on that.

dr_rus

Anyone have this issue shown below?

I just picked up a GTX 1070 (Nvidia Founder's Edition) today to replace my R9 280X.

Was expecting to be blown away (I game on 1080p), so I set all settings to max, HBAO, etc etc. and I got this. I can't figure out what is causing it. I've got an i5-4590, 16GB RAM, all drivers updated, Windows 10, using the Geforce Experience, etc. Any suggestions are most appreciated!!

divisionerror.png

Try turning HBAO+ off - there are some reports that it's bugged on the latest drivers when combined with Steam overlay. Alternatively you may try turning the overlay off.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i'm getting some visual glitches.

when opening up the inventory and usually when modding my weapon everything goes dark and i can hardly see my weapon.

also i am getting lots of glitching at the very bottom of the screen. it's not happening constantly. mostly when i'm in cover.

the game is fully updated, i'm running it on DX12, and i'm using the nvidia 376.48 drivers (gtx 1070).

i'm getting some visual glitches.

when opening up the inventory and usually when modding my weapon everything goes dark and i can hardly see my weapon.

also i am getting lots of glitching at the very bottom of the screen. it's not happening constantly. mostly when i'm in cover.

the game is fully updated, i'm running it on DX12, and i'm using the nvidia 376.48 drivers (gtx 1070).

Just came here to post something similar but under dx11, using the latest nvidia drivers I'm getting lots of flickering throughout the city, but indoors it appears ok.

Now that I think of it, I think this just started with the latste drivers because on the older drivers it was fine.

dr_rus

Just came here to post something similar but under dx11, using the latest nvidia drivers I'm getting lots of flickering throughout the city, but indoors it appears ok.

Now that I think of it, I think this just started with the latste drivers because on the older drivers it was fine.

It's a bug with PCSS/HFTS. If you disable them then there is no flickering.

dr_rus

Is it? Damn, that sucks. And what more sucks is they haven't fixed it yet.

I'll turn them off tomorrow and see if it works as you said.

Well, it started to appear with the release of 378.49 drivers ten days ago so it's hardly a long running issue. If it bothers you much you can just roll back to 376.60 driver (the last one from R376 branch) and use it till they fix the issue.

Well, it started to appear with the release of 378.49 drivers ten days ago so it's hardly a long running issue. If it bothers you much you can just roll back to 376.60 driver (the last one from R376 branch) and use it till they fix the issue.

Ok. I'll drop the shadows in the mean time until the fix.

Anyone playing this now with a GTX 1080 - Most of the time at higher than ultra settings I can play around 80FPS or higher walking around at 1080p - but now and then it drops below 60fps quite drastically. Just seeing if this is a regular thing with this card and The Division at the moment.

Top Bottom