• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- First Gameplay Trailer!

Red

Lucius86 said:
I still can't get over this is 360 footage.

I mean, can you imagine this on PC now if that is just console footage?

Few game trailers make me feel the way that did. I'm now more pumped for this that Mass Effect 3. I didn't think that was possible.
I think it's the music. It builds to that "DRAGONBORN." so damn well, then explodes like a thousand triumphant dicks. It is a perfect release.

Man I cannot wait for this game. Between this and The Witcher 2 my RPG needs are looking to be met for the next few years and then some.

Please show the ps3 version as soon as you can so some of us don't have to spend the entire year assuming you're hiding it from us because it sucks.

It's a phenomenon known as Playstation Dissidence Psychosis and it's a real condition

Clevinger

tmacairjordan87 said:
How the hell is that possible? No..I need to see it being played in real time with the 360 console in sight at all times. I won't believe it until then. That's ridiculous.

Red Dead Redemption showed that it's possible for an open world game to look this good on consoles.

Durante

Yeah, the IQ of the trailer did indicate that it was probably console footage.

JudgeN said:
That shit look amazing, now we need Nvidia to launch the GTX 680 so my PC can be ready to max this shit out.
It's still a multiplatform game, I'd be surprised if a 580 wouldn't be sufficient to max it out, unless you want high AA on a 30" monitor and/or plan to play in 3D.

Marleyman

Banned
Pumped.

reebok-pump-omni-light-1.jpg

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Yeah, until I see this being played on the 360 in front of me, I won't believe that this is what people will be playing on the console.

This also gives me pause on the PC version. Don't fuck this up Bethesda.

Dresden

I still find the 'this is all on 360' kinda hard to believe.

I'll believe it when Bethesda hopefully sends me a free copy to quell my doubts a month before release. hinthinthinthint

Has there ever been an Elder Scrolls mod for environmental destruction? I'd love to see a dragon tear down trees and houses while being fought.

ace3skoot

simply amazing... kind of wish i hadn't seen it considering how far away the game is from release can't wait...

and no chance thats running on 360 :p

Dennis

Banned

I love the feeling of weight and exhaustion in this fight. I hope some of that can be captured in the in-game fight animation.

Zeliard

FunkyPajamas said:
Has there ever been an Elder Scrolls mod for environmental destruction? I'd love to see a dragon tear down trees and houses while being fought.

I think one of the bits of info released said something about the dragons randomly attacking villages, though I don't know how that'll manifest itself exactly. And I can't help but always question Bethesda when they start talking about non-scripted stuff.

Kydd BlaZe

Tiger uppercut said:
Modified-Gamebryo :/, kinda disappointed but I'll give it a try.
I was under the impression that this was an entirely new engine developed by Bethesda, dubbed the "Creation Engine." Either way, the game looks fantastic. I was never really into The Elder Scrolls (still haven't gotten around to finishing Oblivion), however I will most certainly be all over this.

bengraven

ace3skoot said:
simply amazing... kind of wish i hadn't seen it considering how far away the game is from release can't wait...

and no chance thats running on 360 :p

Motherfuck, think of what it was like back in the day when they announced Elder Scrolls games 2-3 years before release.

Zeliard

I live in Rockville, MD. I'll accept an early beta version of the game to test as a sign of shared Montgomery County pride, Beth CMs.

hamchan

What sort of magic is Bethesda pulling here? 360 version looking this good is crazy considering how much the 360 seemed to struggle during Fallout 3.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Ratsofatsorat said:
Just to clarify, all of this trailer was captured on Xbox 360. Also, the draw distance is not faked in any way.

GOOD LORD

hamchan said:
What sort of magic is Bethesda pulling here? 360 version looking this good is crazy considering how much the 360 seemed to struggle during Fallout 3.

I believe that magic is called "not Gamebryo".

Zeliard said:
I think one of the bits of info released said something about the dragons randomly attacking villages, though I don't know how that'll manifest itself exactly. And I can't help but always question Bethesda when they start talking about non-scripted stuff.
I'd find it very hard to believe if they said a village would burn in real time, but ripping a few trees off the ground and leveling a shack with a tail whip shouldn't be too much of an issue. :D I'm a sucker for destruction.
BobTheFork said:
Please show the ps3 version as soon as you can so some of us don't have to spend the entire year assuming you're hiding it from us because it sucks.

It's a phenomenon known as Playstation Dissidence Psychosis and it's a real condition
Haha, yeah, same here, but I honestly think this is the game that'll get me back into PC gaming.

Lucius86

Banned
Crunched said:
I think it's the music. It builds to that "DRAGONBORN." so damn well, then explodes like a thousand triumphant dicks. It is a perfect release.

Man I cannot wait for this game. Between this and The Witcher 2 my RPG needs are looking to be met for the next few years and then some.

It's everything in general. The music is FUCK-AWESOME (but we knew that already from watching the GI interviews) but everything just impressed to the maximum.

Bioware & EA, if for some reason you are reading this, THIS is how you market a game. None of those crappy ME2 trailers showing a psycho 'bitch' or a 'brute'.

Dennis

Banned
Now that we know Betsheda is reading this thread:

1) Congratulations on a great trailer that is sure to generate hype.

2) I know why you are not releasing PC footage at this time but how about a screenshot or two from the PC version?

3) Thanks for continuing to support modding of your games.

JoeBoy101

bengraven said:
Motherfuck, think of what it was like back in the day when they announced Elder Scrolls games 2-3 years before release.

Yeah, but you got 3 screenshots and that was it for 6 months. We're start to drown happily in media.

BTW, slick new avatar. Like it.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
BobTheFork said:

This can't be said enough. Don't pull a Crysis 2 on us.

Pollux

I Am Now said:
Holy fucking hell. I have never been more hyped for a game in all my life.

What are you waiting for?
Start with Oblivion. Morrowind sucks.

Morrowind sucks? you're out of your mind. Oblivion was terrible.

now as for that video....Bethesda shut up and take my damn money.

Ranger X

BobTheFork said:

This can't be stressed enough. And I am especially paranoid with this one here because Oblivion ran better on PS3 (quicker loading and stuff).

Badgerst3

Day 1.

In fact- plan to take 2 days off work just to play on 11/11/. Never done that before.

Please let the bow mechanics be even close to Demon's Souls.

bengraven

I keep re-watching the part where the dragon burns up from the insides.

Bits of the old Elder Scrolls theme pop up, sung beautifully as the camera pans up showing the other ruins in the distance and another dragon. Fucking beautiful.

I believe in you Bethesda, don't let us down.

not gonna get excited until i know that the ps3 version can be finished with less than a hundred system crashes.

i dont think Bethesda has a QA team for their ps3 games, at least not until now. maybe they will do QA for Skyrim? i really hope so, i might actually buy this game new if it's playable.

TheOddOne

Ranger X said:
This can't be stressed enough. And I am especially paranoid with this one here because Oblivion ran better on PS3 (quicker loading and stuff).
Didn't that come a year after with optimisation?

Cirruss

Damn, i was originally just oging to wait an extra year for the game of the year version to come out with all the bells and whisteles but this trailer is making me seriously consider day one.

I Am Now

Banned
BobTheFork said:

I have the cure:
Get a PC

Zeliard

I hope they have a cleaner solution this time around in setting the world's outside boundaries. You cannot go that way, go back!

Ranger X said:
I don't remember. Not a year later that's for sure.
Anyhow, I just want to want the console version that runs the best :/
It came out almost exactly a year later. The 360/PS3 version was released in March 2006, the PS3 version in March 2007. It had better tech for rendering distant landscapes and such, the same tech probably used for Fallout 3 a year later.

Top Bottom