• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Ending of Schindler's List is absolutely heartbreaking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean the whole movie isn't exactly a fairy tale love story or anything and it focuses on some very grim material. I can't help but think after rewatching this today that it is also one of Spielberg's best films and has the most heart next to Warhorse.

Yes, I said Warhorse. I loved that movie.
Munich was better though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOoWpTxKJGA

I mean holy fucking shit man. Just fuck.

The tears.

I could've saved more!

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Great film, top 5 of his easily, if not his best ever.

Hated War Horse, couldn't get into a film about a cursed horse who gets everyone who rides him that isn't his original owner killed. To weird a premise for me.

I visited Schindler's grave because of this movie. It's almost a perfect film.

You see at the end, what also gets me is when the survivors visit Schindler's grave.

I mean wow, that guy is a fucking hero.

I remember reading a lot about Schindler in High School and watching the movie, it's amazing how much he did, he was brave considering what could've happened to him. He put others above himself.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I'd actually be lying if I said that scene made me cry.

That said, I'd also be lying if I said that scene didn't fucking break me on the inside.

Dahbomb

It really is something.

"I could have got more"
One of the most iconic scenes in movie history IMO.

"This pin. Two people. This is gold. Two more people. He would have given me two for it, at least one. One more person. A person, Stern. For this!"

You see at the end, what also gets me is when the survivors visit Schindler's grave.

I mean wow, that guy is a fucking hero.

Same here, that scene didn't ever really do anything for me but the ending scene where the survivors visit his grave got me going, "why is this room so dusty?"

: , (

Hazmat

This movie is a workout for your soul. After you finish it your heart will feel exhausted and beaten up, but it will be stronger for it. This scene always gets me, as do many others.

Loxley

I watched the movie for the first (and only) time a couple of years ago and it really hit me hard. It's one of those films I feel should be required viewing for everyone on the planet. I think it's unquestionably Spielberg's best film, I can't even imagine what it was like making it for him.

Heck, wasn't he working on the VFX for Jurassic Park with ILM while filming Schindler's List? How the hell he could keep his composure is beyond me.

AlexMogil

Everyone just looked at him, acknowledged him, while he contemplated what more he could have done. What a scene. Don't care that people say it was overdone, it was just heartbreaking.

And wow is the music just not the best in that film?

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I watched the movie for the first (and only) time a couple of years ago and it really hit me hard. It's one of those films I feel should be required viewing for everyone on the planet. I think it's unquestionably Spielberg's best film, I can't even imagine what it was like making it for him.

Heck, wasn't he working on the VFX for Jurassic Park with ILM while filming Schindler's List? How the hell he could keep his composure is beyond me.
According to interviews, he legit could barely to pretty much can't remember anything around the time he was doing post production on JP due to how much of an exhausted mess he'd become at that point

He movie absolutely shows Schindler as a very flawed man. As for talking about specific instances, well duh. Humans are complicated creatures that generally evolve in thought over time. However in a move epiphany moments are much easier to convey.

I didn't mean to imply the movie isn't rooted in truth. I just found the article interesting.

It's a movie that wants to be Son of Saul. SoS is more emotionally charged and bleak. SoS is the culmination of concentration camp movies. I urge everyone to watch it.

That said, I thought Schindler's List is merely a mediocre movie. Kind of an Oscar bait movie with a serious topic. Not my favorite genre at all. Neeson and Fiennes were awesome though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom