• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The English Fan Translation Thread

preta

Is there an english fan-trad of this game ? (Zwei!! by Falcom)

Zwei_Coverart.png

gfs_111632_2_1.jpg
zwei03.jpg

I've always wanted to play it. Did a search but I didn't find anything.

I'm very late with this, but the fan translation (of the PC version) is almost done, and it's planned to be released before XSEED's release of Zwei 2.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
.hack//Link v0.4 patch released on friday.

https://dothacktranslate.wordpress.com/projects/hacklink-english-fan-translation/

Overall: 94,877/105,145
Total Files: 2126/2132
Total Percent Complete: 90.23%

The dialogue for the Side Story episodes is all done! The e-mail game crash bugs also been ironed out, though other crashers remain. Grammar & spelling cleanup is said to have been done but also that theres still work ta do in that department.

An due to a file checking error it seems some lines of dialogue which had been marked as translated, are not. That'll be addressed with an updated v0.4 patch at some point.

Tonton

I'm very late with this, but the fan translation (of the PC version) is almost done, and it's planned to be released before XSEED's release of Zwei 2.
Was there actually a new development on this? I remember this and Zwei II being "almost done" for ages

Eusis

Wonder if that got snapped up too? Probably would've been cleaner to get that out first (nevermind the pedantic side of me that's going apeshit over not retaining the original numbering, and possibly releasing the first game AFTERWARDS just making it even more silly) but whatever, I'd be happy to get it with good post-release support.

preta

Was there actually a new development on this? I remember this and Zwei II being "almost done" for ages

Yes, I've been helping test it a bit. It's playable from beginning to end in English, and it's good. It still needs more polish in some areas, though, so it's not ready to release yet.

I don't have inside knowledge, but at this point, I imagine if XSEED were doing Zwei 1, we would've heard something by now, or if the fan TL project had inside knowledge, they would've stopped preparing for a release in deference to XSEED, considering that's exactly what they did with Zwei 2.

Tonton

Yes, I've been helping test it a bit. It's playable from beginning to end in English, and it's good. It still needs more polish in some areas, though, so it's not ready to release yet.

I don't have inside knowledge, but at this point, I imagine if XSEED were doing Zwei 1, we would've heard something by now, or if the fan TL project had inside knowledge, they would've stopped preparing for a release in deference to XSEED, considering that's exactly what they did with Zwei 2.

Alright, I'll be looking forward to it then, if it actually manages to release before Zwei II even better

What other Falcom fan translations are being worked on? I know about this, Brandish 2 and Legend of Xanadu, there anything else?

Tried some google searching to see if Chocobo Tales 2 for DS was fan translated, but nothing came up. I remember enjoying the first one, so it'd be great to be able to play the sequel, but it looks like nobody even knows it exists.

preta

Alright, I'll be looking forward to it then, if it actually manages to release before Zwei II even better

What other Falcom fan translations are being worked on? I know about this, Brandish 2 and Legend of Xanadu, there anything else?

Dinosaur Resurrection and VM Japan. And of course for Legend of Xanadu it's not just the first game, but Legend of Xanadu II as well.

As for Brandish 2 Renewal, it's also almost done. It's currently in its final round of QA, and if our testers get through without finding any significant issues, we'll release afterward.

Tonton

Dinosaur Resurrection and VM Japan. And of course for Legend of Xanadu it's not just the first game, but Legend of Xanadu II as well.

As for Brandish 2 Renewal, it's also almost done. It's currently in its final round of QA, and if our testers get through without finding any significant issues, we'll release afterward.
Oh cool, Dinosaur Resurrection was something I had some hopes for XSEED to pick up since it's not that old, but if that happens first I'll check it out

Will keep an eye out on all of those in some form

Pepboy

46 Okunen Monogatari, a PC-98 RPG probably best known as being the predecessor to E.V.O.: Search for Eden, got translated. Here's a link to the team's website where you can download the patch.

E.V.O. never clicked for me personally, and maybe it's just because I'm a sucker for the system's aesthetics, but this game looks a lot more interesting to me. Looking forward to setting aside some time for it.

Thank you for posting! Evolution rpgs are one of my favorite subgenres, I had no idea this was being translated. Will have to check our sometime when I have a spare afternoon.

Finally had some time to try out 46 Okumen (a.ka. E.V.O. Theory of Evolution). It was my first time emulating PC98 games (and what a trip back to the past that was).

The first chapter was really fun, as was the beginning of the second. But I started to get bogged down toward the end(?) of chapter 2. There are a few spots that are difficult in terms of the puzzles. I will say the translation is very clear and reads cleanly.

I love Evolution RPGs, there are so few out there, and this one seems to have aged pretty well. Thank you again Lunarwhale for posting the information and a huge thank you to the 46 Okumen group (which has now gone on to translate several other PC98 games!)

I'm really proud to announce my English translation for the PS2 game Itadaki Street Special (really a major overhaul of the original fan patch and using DQ Translation's scrapped transmission) is now available!

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/3191/

dI0AUtb.png

VANtbBB.png

WsqI8x8.png

35tm22n.png

It's still not a "complete" translation as character dialog is still missing, but EVERYTHING gameplay related is done including a bunch of custom graphics.

I'm really proud to announce my English translation for the PS2 game Itadaki Street Special (really a major overhaul of the original fan patch and using DQ Translation's scrapped transmission) is now available!

dI0AUtb.png

VANtbBB.png

WsqI8x8.png

35tm22n.png

It's still not a "complete" translation as character dialog is still missing, but EVERYTHING gameplay related is done including a bunch of custom graphics.

I really need to mod my ps2 already my friends and I play a metric fuck ton of fortune street for wii and could use more content. Does this game support 4 player with multitap?

This looks really good! Might wait for the character dialog, but I'm really pumped to give this a go with some friends. Looks like a cute spin-off. Great work!

I really need to mod my ps2 already my friends and I play a metric fuck ton of fortune street for wii and could use more content. Does this game support 4 player with multitap?

Yes. I believe like the Wii have you can share one controller as well. Not too sure as I did all my testing via emulation. As someone who was in your shoes, Sphere Mode will BLOW. YOUR. MIND!

This looks really good! Might wait for the character dialog, but I'm really pumped to give this a go with some friends. Looks like a cute spin-off. Great work!

Yeah, there's a guy in the Dragon's Den community that wants to make a full translation including character dialog, but just didn't have free time until the Winter months. I wanted to make a patch that would make it easier to play. Only reason I don't do the dialog myself is that I lack fluency in Japanese to translate character dialog (that and I fear the font isn't optimized for English very welI despite my best efforts)

Top Bottom