• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The ESA is a big piece of shit" (The Jimquisition)

sol_bad

Cmon EviLore EviLore
At least give warnings for the fat shaming. I agree that it would be nice if he would try and lose weight.
But it's a bit annoying when every Jim thread has 50% of posts just commenting on how fat he is and making fun of him.
An actual proper conversation on the topics he brings up would be nice.

*EDIT*
OK so maybe not 50% but still.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Cmon EviLore EviLore
At least give warnings for the fat shaming. I agree that it would be nice if he would try and lose weight.
But it's a bit annoying when every Jim thread has 50% of posts just commenting on how fat he is and making fun of him.

Why warn for "fat shaming"? Warn for low effort posts or things that derail. This isn't ResentEra where people need to feel safe/okay with being fat. And quite frankly, if Jim constantly uses surface level bullshit to criticize others, then it is okay to use surface level bullshit to criticize him.

Last edited:

angelic

Banned
Plus, people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones. First rule of criticising everyone around you is get your own shit together. And I'm sorry, but being that size is not healthy, no matter what the liberal mafia might pretend.

sol_bad

Why warn for "fat shaming"? Warn for low effort posts or things that derail. This isn't ResentEra where people need to feel safe/okay with being fat. And quite frankly, if Jim constantly uses surface level bullshit to criticize others, then it is okay to use surface level bullshit to criticize him.

Low effort posts are a different thing, some "low effort" posts are done for humour sake and I don't want this forum to start losing it's humour. It's just annoying in Jim specific threads, people always attack him about his weight or politic leanings, neither of which matter in the context of his videos.

I can't contribute to the topic at hand myself unfortunately until I can watch the video at lunch time.

Plus, people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones. First rule of criticising everyone around you is get your own shit together. And I'm sorry, but being that size is not healthy, no matter what the liberal mafia might pretend.

I'm pretty positive that everyone on this forum agrees that he needs to lose weight, but it doesn't need to be brought up every time.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Low effort posts are a different thing, some "low effort" posts are done for humour sake and I don't want this forum to start losing it's humour. It's just annoying in Jim specific threads, people always attack him about his weight or politic leanings, neither of which matter in the context of his videos.

I can't contribute to the topic at hand myself unfortunately until I can watch the video at lunch time.

I'm pretty positive that everyone on this forum agrees that he needs to lose weight, but it doesn't need to be brought up every time.

I disagree. His entire persona, personality, and actions all reside firmly within his political leanings. He rails on companies for being anti-consumer, but would gladly promote or push any of his personal friends or companies that push his politics. Look at Zoe Quinn's game. Jim openly promoted it and still has yet to denounce it or call out Quinn for being the scamming cunt she is. He parades around like he is on the people's side, about defending starving artists yet he looks like he ate the hungry hungry hippos for breakfast.

sol_bad

I disagree. His entire persona, personality, and actions all reside firmly within his political leanings. He rails on companies for being anti-consumer, but would gladly promote or push any of his personal friends or companies that push his politics. Look at Zoe Quinn's game. Jim openly promoted it and still has yet to denounce it or call out Quinn for being the scamming cunt she is. He parades around like he is on the people's side, about defending starving artists yet he looks like he ate the hungry hungry hippos for breakfast.

I think Zoe Quinn is a scamming cunt too but so what if he defends her, people are allowed to have opinions. Him defending Zoe Quinn has no impact on his thoughts about the majority of things he talks about. I watch Jeremy The Quartering and disagree with many of his views and videos, I still subscribe and watch him though.

Point is, it's not a bad thing to listen to what both sides of the fence have to say and think.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I think Zoe Quinn is a scamming cunt too but so what if he defends her, people are allowed to have opinions. Him defending Zoe Quinn has no impact on his thoughts about the majority of things he talks about. I watch Jeremy The Quartering and disagree with many of his views and videos, I still subscribe and watch him though.

Point is, it's not a bad thing to listen to what both sides of the fence have to say and think.

It shows he is a massive hypocrite that only goes after people he wants. His claims and interests of the people mean nothing as his history clearly shows he doesn't give a rats ass or truly believes what he claims.

This is one of the major reasons people hate Jim and I can't say I blame them.

His wife probably did this first.

Honestly i can't watch his videos anymore. Even though i agree with him sometimes(AAA predatory practices,etc...),he is way too obnoxious. A fat, effeminate guy,dressed as a fedoralord that is also openly a cuckold acting high and mighty is just too cringe to me. I cant take him seriously and is not like his opinions are too diferent from other youtubers so i rather watch those.

Wife? I thought this dude was gay

The Shepard

Cmon EviLore EviLore

*EDIT*
OK so maybe not 50% but still.

I think there just trying to save the planet with all the burgers he probably consumes.

Last edited:

TriSuit666

Banned
He peddles selective outrage for money. He has no integrity. That's as plain as i can state it.

Pretty much. I'd had enough with him continuing to take free stuff, but then continue to act high and mighty about that companies product.

This is also the same person who hangs around with someone who was triggered and had to lie-down because they were 'annoyed' people were telling them to play a game because it was good, and they didn't want to play it because of that.

This person then played said game several months later, and really enjoyed it. That's not made up.

Last edited:
He's not a public figure - his platform is still largely a niche one.

I'm sure if he walked past you in the street, you wouldn't notice.

Pedantry, honestly. The point was you can report the sorts of ad homs directed at another member of this forum but because Jim Sterling is "big" the thread is just full of ad hom for him.

TriSuit666

Banned
Pedantry, honestly. The point was you can report the sorts of ad homs directed at another member of this forum but because Jim Sterling is "big" the thread is just full of ad hom for him.

Irrelevant really - Jim knows he pushes people's buttons, and is quite happy to play up to that on the days he feels like it.

As I'm constantly telling y'all, you'll learn much more about him from the podcast than you'll ever do from the YT channel.

Saruhashi

Banned
He's not a public figure - his platform is still largely a niche one.

I'm sure if he walked past you in the street, you wouldn't notice.

"I'm sure if he walked past you in the street, you wouldn't notice."

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure I would. :)

Fuckin, belly bounced into the road and as I fly into oncoming traffic the last sound I hear is "triple aaaaaaaaaaay".

Last edited:
Top Bottom