• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Fall Part 2: Unbound

v0mitg0d

Is anyone playing this, or plan to? I thought the first one was great and have been looking forward to this one. I've played through roughly 1/2 of it and really like it. The first major sequence with The Butler really stumped me lol.

Anyone pick it up today?

Grimmrobe

I've had the first part on my wishlist for a while, but never got around to actually getting it. It looks like a cool little Indie adventure game that'd be fun for a few winter evenings. I'll probably get them both next time they're on sale, now that there's two of them to beat back to back.

The games' Steam pages for anyone that's interested:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/290770/The_Fall/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/510490/The_Fall_Part_2_Unbound/

ss_f67f9bc12baf234a794ba76af27b760cf3405b1d.jpg

Typhares

It's out? On ps4 too? I played the first part at the end of last year and loved it. I didn't know it was in multiple parts then though and was a bit disapointed to end on a cliffhanger.

astroglide

I didn't know this game out till recently. First one was great. I loved the developer commentary as well. I havnt read reviews on this but if they turn out good and this game is as good as the original I'll buy it Friday

v0mitg0d

Guides in case anyone gets stuck (like me), or just interested in seeing the game in the new engine:

The Butler:

The One:

rbanke

I've been waiting for this since playing the first one early last year. I really loved the first one and am now trying to find some free time to play the second.

For those that haven't played it, I would recommend it if you like puzzles and atmospheric narratives. According to Steam, I finished the first in 3 hours so it's a great game for one of those nights that you can't think of anything else to play

EDarkness

I'll be picking this up on Friday. I really enjoyed playing the first game and looking forward to playing the second. Hope the puzzles and atmosphere are as good as the first games.

rbanke

Is anyone else not feeling this? I've played 1.5 hours over 3 sittings because I just get bored and put it down. I've just passed the and there were a couple moments there but otherwise it's been uneventful. I also don't remember the controls from the first game being so terrible, I may need to download it and try it again. Disappointed so far, but I'll keep plugging away at it and hopefully it will grab me like the first did. I'm just curious if others feel the same

Valdega

Just finished this last night. Overall, it was decent but a bit lacking compared to the first episode. The story and characters weren't as compelling and they really doubled down on the combat and platforming, except neither of them are particularly compelling. It's worth playing to see the continuation of the story but I'm hoping they just focus on making a good adventure game for the next episode. Not all games need to be "visceral" and trying to shoehorn combat and platforming into an adventure game never ends well.

Just finished this last night. Overall, it was decent but a bit lacking compared to the first episode. The story and characters weren't as compelling and they really doubled down on the combat and platforming, except neither of them are particularly compelling. It's worth playing to see the continuation of the story but I'm hoping they just focus on making a good adventure game for the next episode. Not all games need to be "visceral" and trying to shoehorn combat and platforming into an adventure game never ends well.

Are the puzzles as good as the first game?

Top Bottom