• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The FBI Has Quietly Investigated White Supremacist Infiltration of Law Enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprising. I feel like practically every week I see a new "cop posted something super racist on Facebook and got fired" story.

I've never heard any of Rage Against the Machine's music and I will check them out based on that one line posted.

And this reinforces again that Black lives mean nothing to our governments. This is some serious stuff and Conservatives throwing a tantrum puts the investigations on pause.

Bleepey

I think another key take-away from this is that systemic investigations and measures to curb white supremacy in law enforcement were thwarted and entirely removed after conservatives and right-winged people threw a hissy fit.

Why am i not surprised

The military has more balls to kick out racists than law enforcement agencies, that's faint praise I guess.

Because its under the jurisdiction of the federal government. A federal government that learned the lessons of Vietnam: In an integrated armed forces, White extremists can and will cause chaos and undermine unit cohesion and efficiency.

Anyway, one of the biggest takeaways from this article was the fact that Homeland Security is no longer tracking right wing domestic extremists.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
They won't investigate anything about the White House, because a lot of them support Trump.

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/31...has-inherited-an-fbi-with-vast-hidden-powers/

The fact that these investigations were closed because they might implicate some veterans is absurd. The Republican party, once again proving all they care about is projecting an image that covers up their own actions.

Timothy McVeigh was a vet. It's going to take another bombing of that size for shit to change.

jstripes

Banned
Timothy McVeigh was a vet. It's going to take another bombing of that size for shit to change.

As an outsider, I can say vets play a bizarre role in American society.

They are worshipped, honoured, and fetishized whenever it's politically convenient, but outside of that they are left to their own devices and ignored, dealing with injuries and psychological damage on their own.

Crocodile

And people wonder why communities of color keep losing trust in the police as an institution over time.

Also I'm glad the FBI thought it was important to tell us all about Hilary's e-mails but not about stuff like this :/

ISOM

As an outsider, I can say vets play a bizarre role in American society.

They are worshipped, honoured, and fetishized whenever it's politically convenient, but outside of that they are left to their own devices and ignored, dealing with injuries and psychological damage on their own.

This is more common among the right. It's similar to how unborn babies are honored to be worth so much but once the baby is outside of the womb then they're on their own. Pick themselves up by the bootstraps etc. Just a lot of hypocrisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom