• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The FF13 trailer got me hot and bothered. Which FF do I play now? FF9, FFX-2i, FF12i?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Goddamn, I am all wet now.

And I want to replay an FF, but the ones listed in the title are the only ones I haven't had multiple plays of ever.

FF9 is one of my bottom barrel FFs. Never really was a fan.

FFX-2 is one of my favorites. Never touched International + Last Mission. Could be exciting.

I think I have talked about FF12 enough. But International has allegedly fixed the broken License Board and Quickenings. Maybe I can play without Gambits?

MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD!
And if you can't make up your mind, I will make it up for you.

Once this hits a good amount of posts, I will tally the votes and act proper on them. Even if you fuckers condemn me to another round of FF12, goddammit.

FINAL FANTASY NINE VOTES:
LiK said:
FF9 is awesome, what are you talking about?
ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
9, best FF EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
NeoUltima said:
IX....I actually did not care for it either my 1st playthrough...but when I went back to replay it a year later I was like "holy shit, how did I not enjoy this my first time". Now its up there with some of my favorite games ever.
H_Prestige said:
I'm probably one of the few who prefers regular FFXII over international. Everything is a bit too constrained in that one. Maybe if they allowed partial secondary jobs, or just the ability to change job classes it would have been much better.
Oh, I forgot. Play FFIX.
Roxas said:
9 you fool!
GSG Flash said:
Out of the ones you've listed, FF9.
Zeouterlimits said:
FF9.FF9FF9FF9 Why are you reading this and not playing FF9?
maniac-kun said:
ff 8 9 and 6 are still on my backlog ._. which should i play?
rainking187 said:
Teknoman said:
VI VIII IX
KTallguy said:
Out of those 3, I'd prefer FF12i, but I think you'd prefer FFX-2i :lol
LiK said:
FF6 is still my #1 fave FF game in the entire series. must play!
Teknoman said:
Could just knock out VI first since its shorter. That and Dancing mad.
Teknoman said:
XII's system isnt similar to XIII. More like FFX-2 spliced with Chrono Trigger. Only thing it might have in common with XII is that they might give you the choice of AI commands.
But then you wouldnt be able to pull off crazy chains with AI set on.
ronito said:
Play FFIX and I'll play along with you.
octopusman said:
FF 9 feels like the last gasp of the previous final fantasies, after that they seem to be becoming iffy. In, short, FF9, it's classic.
bengraven said:
http://blueroof.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/six-word-story.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=ZephyrFate]Uhm, FFIX. It was the last bastion of "true" Final Fantasy before it started to deviate from such a great formula.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=gray_fox224]9![/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=rataven]FFIX is pretty dam great. You should give it another try.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Poolman]Give FF9 another chance.
It's probably my favorite PS1 Final Fantasy next to Tactics.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=rataven]The tail is bad. [I]Really[/I] bad. But so many of the other character designs are really well done. The Black Mages and Beatrix are badass.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=KuwabaraTheMan]IX Remains my favorite game in the series. Maybe a second playthrough would do you some good?[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=RuneFactoryFanboy]is it possible to negative vote?
I was like you, I tried getting into FF9 and it never really grabbed me.
I forced myself to sit down and play through the whole game since so many people said it was amazing and I was on Dissidia hype. Very few games do I play through and afterwards actually want my time back. FF9 is one of them, it never "got better" in fact it kept getting worse to the point where I was debating just watching the end on youtube.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=firex]play FF Mystic quest and FF9 simultaneously.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=bigcheese]9 was my favorite of those, definitely. I could go back and play through that a lot more times.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Pureauthor]*shrugs* *votes FF9*[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Feep]Nineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=NeoGAFFer]IX Played it in the past summer vacation. [B]EPIC.[/B][/QUOTE]

[B]FINAL FANTASY TEN DASH TWO VOTES:[/B]
[QUOTE=Grayman]Here my voice,
Tactics is the best FF[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=FirewalkR]Now you shut up and wait for your €60 demo. Just like me.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Teknoman]FFXII was pretty fun without gambits, but i'd replay IX or X-2. Only thing I really liked from XII was the music, story, environments, and characters. Wish it was an evolution of the X-2 battle system.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=~Kinggi~]Not x-2, its an injustice to humanity. Every time someone plays that filth, god kills a <insert something you love>[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=BlazingDarkness]X-2[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=rhfb]I want to play FFXII International :(
I say play FFXII and FFIX for a taste of the old, and a taste of the new.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=PolyGone]I'm definitely bothered by this character design. I'll bet his name is Fyre cause his hair is like, firey and stuff.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Teetris]The mighty VIII.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Rapping Granny]FFX.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Relaxed Muscle]8 Best FF, screw the haters![/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Darkpen]X-2 ftw. Game's quick and easy, should be refreshing from the slow-grind norm.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Awntawn]X-2, battle system reminded me most of that.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Teknoman]Also X-2 has an awesome soundtrack, and all the people who complained about it...forcing the woman who composed it out of the industry suck.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Commanche Raisin Toast]... [B]there is blood in the tear i just shed.[/B] why was i not informed of this????[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=LiK]OP, 69 wins. play~![/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=HK-47]X-2 with a songstress party[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Grayman]FINAL FANTASY TEN DASH TWO VOTES:
Originally Posted by Grayman:
Here my voice,
Tactics is the best FF
I think this means you should play X'II(written like a street fighter refresh)[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Rpgmonkey]I love the International version of X-2, especially out of the three choices. Play that.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Teknoman][img]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q189/galliumgnu/YoungGoku.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=U K Narayan]lol k [B][I][U]Vagrant Story<3goplayit.[/U][/I][/B] Or just go play Final Fantasy IV DS. Or Final Fantasy XII-I.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Synless]Final Fantasy X-2 because really, the game get's not nearly enough love as it deserves. Just because it's more happy sunshine, and butterflies doesn't make it not a good game as alot of people claim it to be. Plus the battle system is kickass and reminds me of FFXIII's kick ass looking battle system.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Hellsing321]10-2.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=RedRedSuit]12 is my favorite of those. Great game. 9 is also good. X-2 can suck it.[/QUOTE]

[B]FINAL FANTASY EX AYE AYE SMALL AYE VOTES:[/B]
[QUOTE=Seiken]FFXII International? Do you read Japanese?[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Rez>You]I'd go with the one you despise the most, whichever that might be. You might end up liking it it more.
Or, worst case scenario, you end up with more reasons why the game sucks and can mix up your GAF arguments a little more![/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Relaxed Muscle]FF XII, but this time remember you can turn off gambits.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=WinFonda]FFXII!![/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Commanche Raisin Toast]seem logical to me to play FFXII if XIII got you hot and bothered- especially after seeing the similar battle system from the trailer today.
im so glad they don't have those stupid lines connecting your characters and enemies now...[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Seiken]VIII, no doubt..[B]This[/B][/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Rez>You]You could turn those off.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=suffah]No brainer: 12i.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=kamorra]FFXII[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Teknoman]You guys have to read manuals more.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=LiK]geez[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=ZephyrFate]there's a perfectly good plot reason for the tail
no more bitching about it, kthx[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=U K Narayan]Final Fantasy XII - International, yo.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=firex]I was going to suggest a portable one because it'd be awesome to play one of the portable FFs and a console FF at the same time, but I think it'd be even more awesome to take turns flipping back and forth between MQ and FF9 if that were at all possible.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Aeana]Maybe they just don't want to hear you whine about how much you hate it again.[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Error]You should just finish Phantasy Star 4.[/QUOTE]

[B]SQUARE'S TOM SAWYER[/B]
[QUOTE=EmCeeGramr][IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/29202gj.png
RiZ III said:
9 - cause its more final fantasy like than the others
12 - cause its the most fun
10-2 - cause it has yuna <3
Adam Prime said:
IX, characters and plot are the best of the series IMO.
But if you want the best gameplay of the series: either X-2 or XII will do.
kenta said:
Wait, RK is excited about FF13?
Oh he must be out of character
octopusman said:
he lives in japan.
soldat7 said:
This is in my backlog but that tail...what were they thinking? Come to think of it, I've never finished FFVIII either...
LiK said:
cool, tell us how FF9 is when you play that next. ;)
U K Narayan said:
I suggest a better alternative to playing Final Fantasy X and X2. You should just smear poop on your face.
Or just fuck all of the Final Fantasy games and go play Vagrant Story, which is 100x better than all of those.
soldat7 said:
I'm glad there's a plot reason for it because it sure looks silly. Now to play this, Vagrant Story, or Blood Omen: LoK?...decisions, decisions...
GaussTek said:
You can play all, afterall, we won't get XIII soon :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FFXII International? Do you read Japanese?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'd go with the one you despise the most, whichever that might be. You might end up liking it it more.

Or, worst case scenario, you end up with more reasons why the game sucks and can mix up your GAF arguments a little more!

Teknoman

FFXII was pretty fun without gambits, but i'd replay IX or X-2. Only thing I really liked from XII was the music, story, environments, and characters. Wish it was an evolution of the X-2 battle system.

NeoUltima

IX....I actually did not care for it either my 1st playthrough...but when I went back to replay it a year later I was like "holy shit, how did I not enjoy this my first time". Now its up there with some of my favorite games ever.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Not x-2, its an injustice to humanity. Every time someone plays that filth, god kills a <insert something you love>

I'm probably one of the few who prefers regular FFXII over international. Everything is a bit too constrained in that one. Maybe if they allowed partial secondary jobs, or just the ability to change job classes it would have been much better.

Oh, I forgot. Play FFIX.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
IX, characters and plot are the best of the series IMO.

But if you want the best gameplay of the series: either X-2 or XII will do.

PolyGone

Banned
worst_character_design_ever.jpg

I'm definitely bothered by this character design. I'll bet his name is Fyre cause his hair is like, firey and stuff.

seem logical to me to play FFXII if XIII got you hot and bothered- especially after seeing the similar battle system from the trailer today.

im so glad they don't have those stupid lines connecting your characters and enemies now...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
maniac-kun said:
ff 8 9 and 6 are still on my backlog ._. which should i play?
VIII, no doubt.
Relaxed Muscle said:

Best FF, screw the haters!
.This

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Commanche Raisin Toast said:
seem logical to me to play FFXII if XIII got you hot and bothered- especially after seeing the similar battle system from the trailer today.

im so glad they don't have those stupid lines connecting your characters and enemies now...
You could turn those off.

Teknoman

Commanche Raisin Toast said:

XII's system isnt similar to XIII. More like FFX-2 spliced with Chrono Trigger. Only thing it might have in common with XII is that they might give you the choice of AI commands.

But then you wouldnt be able to pull off crazy chains with AI set on.

Teknoman

Also X-2 has an awesome soundtrack, and all the people who complained about it...forcing the woman who composed it out of the industry suck.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
kenta said:
Wait, RK is excited about FF13?

Oh he must be out of character
When have I ever said anything about FF13, really? I've mostly been on a media blackout for it.

FF 9 feels like the last gasp of the previous final fantasies, after that they seem to be becoming iffy. In, short, FF9, it's classic.

RevenantKioku

octopusman said:
he lives in japan.
Technically that means nothing, as I know plenty of foreigners who live here and can't read a lick of Japanese, but yes. I can.
ZephyrFate said:
Uhm, FFIX. It was the last bastion of "true" Final Fantasy before it started to deviate from such a great formula.
I won't deny that ATB is a great formula, but FFX and X-2 weren't part of the problem. Never getting a real 11 and the mess 12 is, although, is a problem. 13's trailer looked nothing like 12 to me (where are people getting that?) and the similarities to X-2 got me all crazy in the head. Not that that means I have to go play X-2 right now, mind.

Top Bottom