• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The First Descendant│New Prologue│The First 17 Minutes

8BiTw0LF

Banned

The First Descendant is a next generation third-person co-op action RPG shooter (looter shooter) featuring high-quality graphics developed using Unreal Engine 5. It presents fun strategic boss fights through 4-player co-op, various unique characters, exciting gunplay, and looting.

Crossplay Open Beta: https://tfd.nexon.com/en/crossplay-beta
Test Schedule :Tue, 09/19/2023 00:00 – Mon, 09/25/2023 23:59 PDT

j0hnnix

Gold Member
i played a little bit of this on pc and enjoyed it, gun play was good, gun sounds felt weaker but heard they are improved now. hoping to test this on one of the consoles.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
I'm stoked about TFD. We're 4 friends who'll be trying it out in 9 hours (9am here) - actually cleared my schedule to be testing it all day tomorrow.

Just looking at the settings menu and options seems like they've listened to the community. It even has a high framerate performance mode, 30,60 and 120fps modes - that's cool. Multiple sound settings like studio reference, soundbar, headphones etc.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
I'm stoked about TFD. We're 4 friends who'll be trying it out in 9 hours (9am here) - actually cleared my schedule to be testing it all day tomorrow.

Just looking at the settings menu and options seems like they've listened to the community. It even has a high framerate performance mode, 30,60 and 120fps modes - that's cool. Multiple sound settings like studio reference, soundbar, headphones etc.
Jumped in after work, fun, sound still seems a bit iffy on Xbox Series X but nothing to whine about. It's typical grind game. How long will it hold up is the enemy variations and missions. Still not understanding the Nexon (oh it's p2w) , I haven't heard of pvp in this game yet. So whatever on that part.

Graphics look nice but haven't switched over to quality I've been playing on performance and so far so good, not great, just good. There is hiccups here an there. Gun play is fun but the auto aim is still aggressive.

//DEVIL//

I played it a bit right now. kinda of reminds me of destiny but with better graphics ( amazing graphics actually). but I am already lost on what to do next. why it's so hard for the devs to put a proper narrative for noobs like me?

I am getting 70 to 90 frames native on 4k depending on what is going on . 4090, 120 fps with dlss quality. everything ultra.

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
sound still seems a bit iffy on Xbox Series X
Same on PS5. Sometimes it sounds like there's gunshots right beside me - but there's not. Hope they'll do better on that part.

There is hiccups here an there.
Yes same for HFR mode and my buddy on PC says it's the same for him. It's especially noteable when huge hordes of enemies spawn.

I am already lost on what to do next. why it's so hard for the devs to put a proper narrative for noobs like me?
Just clear the cities and keep an eye on sub-missions, cause they'll unlock new characters and weapons.

I just beat the executioner lvl 22 boss and holy shit it was epic! I've been playing all day mostly by myself and it's been a blast. First few hours it's a lot of defense missions and then it goes to full on offense lol. Just unlocked Vesper (city) and hit a brickwall - I really need a team cause solo can only take you this far, without grinding levels. My Lepic is lvl 21 and my Bunny is lvl 29 and I'm about to unlock Kyle. I can easily see myself throw 100's of hours at this game.

//DEVIL//

Same on PS5. Sometimes it sounds like there's gunshots right beside me - but there's not. Hope they'll do better on that part.

Yes same for HFR mode and my buddy on PC says it's the same for him. It's especially noteable when huge hordes of enemies spawn.

Just clear the cities and keep an eye on sub-missions, cause they'll unlock new characters and weapons.

I just beat the executioner lvl 22 boss and holy shit it was epic! I've been playing all day mostly by myself and it's been a blast. First few hours it's a lot of defense missions and then it goes to full on offense lol. Just unlocked Vesper (city) and hit a brickwall - I really need a team cause solo can only take you this far, without grinding levels. My Lepic is lvl 21 and my Bunny is lvl 29 and I'm about to unlock Kyle. I can easily see myself throw 100's of hours at this game.
doesn't have any sort of matchmaking? if its the same LFG as Destiny then I am out. that shit was annoying. especially in raids. if you miss the first couple of weeks, no one will want to play with u and consider you a noob

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Yes if the city is populated, but I'm so far ahead that there were only one other player on the map and he was doing something else. I'll try again tomorrow lol
I really want to spend more time on it. but the stupid season pass on COD will expire in 8 days and I am only 80$ done. I need to collect at least remaining cp points. but ill try to play more tonight as well.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
I really want to spend more time on it. but the stupid season pass on COD will expire in 8 days and I am only 80$ done. I need to collect at least remaining cp points. but ill try to play more tonight as well.
I uninstalled CoD last week. Didn't even finish battle pass. MWII is my first CoD since Blops3 and I can honestly say that I will never return to that shitty franchise again. There's just so many better games out there to waste time on it.

//DEVIL//

I uninstalled CoD last week. Didn't even finish battle pass. MWII is my first CoD since Blops3 and I can honestly say that I will never return to that shitty franchise again. There's just so many better games out there to waste time on it.
I agree. but its the only game that I come back to for quick session games. any other game I need to invest hours in it and I just don't have time to do that sometimes anymore. so. quick matches hardcore and that's it for the day. before that i was hooked into Destiny 1 ( didn't like 2 much )

i'm not sure i've ever seen a game that looked to be more completely created by ai than this game. the helmets, the girl's voice, the locations, the gameplay, every bit of it a product of algorithms incorporating familiar & fundamental elements & tropes...

8BiTw0LF

Banned
After leveling up to 40 (max) I was able to finish the mission. I think I'm close to the end for this beta.

Bunny is fun to use. Very fast-paced character and lacks any form of tank-skills. You have to move constantly to keep alive.

The shooting is fine but the progression system reeks of Warframe which I did NOT like at all. Let me play what I want to play!

Top Bottom