• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The first few days with Stadia - I’m kinda impressed

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
[QUOTE="ethomaz, post: 256055338, member: 142767"
With the money you use for Gamepass for the whole year to play a lot of games you can't even "buy" one game on Stradia.
[/QUOTE]
That's two different business models. Both are interesting. I don't know very well the gamepass but it's a little like Netflix, right ?(a lot of content that disappear when you stop your sub)
Stadia has only the content you buy but you have access to it months or years later.(if the service is not dead of course)

Does Microsoft will allow me to buy games like Cyberpunk on smartphone without sub ? X Cloud ? I would be interested to know since i prefere Microsoft to Google and i would pleased if this kind of service exists.

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned
The Stadia Sub Reddit is one big advertising platform short of posts with stuff like "There is a lot of lag but here is why it's a good thing...". or "I live in a cave and can play Stadia with just my solar panels hooked up."

I mean, if you were in charge of marketing for these companies I'd say "pose as regular internet users and praise the product" would be a viable, and maybe even quite cheap, strategy.

Similarly though you could also have competitors sending out their own little minions to trash competing products.

I mean, if you were in charge of marketing for these companies I'd say "pose as regular internet users and praise the product" would be a viable, and maybe even quite cheap, strategy.

Similarly though you could also have competitors sending out their own little minions to trash competing products.
You can hire marketing firms to manipulate social media.

Krabba

Neo Member
I got my founder's edition last week and have been playing around 25 hours of Destiny 2 in a 50/50 split between 4k TV (controller) and laptop (mouse+keyboard).

I've been playing video games for more than 25 years and I am impressed by how well it works.

The technology itself is already there - for me it's worked pretty flawlessly. With the controller it's (for most) indistinguishable from playing on a local console. With mouse+keyboard you can tell that there is a bit of rubberbanding if you look for it.

I am surprised by how much I like the fact that I can choose between lazy gaming on sofa with controller... And mouse+keyboard. There have been times when I've done raids in D2 with tv/controller and switched to laptop/mouse mid-game to get past some difficult sections. Very cool.

HDR works fine. Punchy, vivid colors. Image quality is fine too.

What Stadia is lacking is features+library. What I've played plays very well but outside of the games themselves, it feels bare.

Top Bottom