• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash reviews are in

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I want the supergirl in the movie to be my wife.
lol she was perfect. I really dont care for some of the more recent castings in hollywood movies and tv shows but she was excellent.

She did whoop Zod in their first fight and probably some of the other fights we didn’t see when young Barry never stops going back to fix things and ultimately becomes the monstrosity we see. Zod only beat her since she didn’t finish him off so he had a chance to recover.

Also, she had a bit more time to absorb sunlight compared to him, but not by a ton plus Zod was a seasoned warrior. Regardless, it wouldn’t have mattered, both her and Batman were destined to die in that fight, it wasn’t something that could have been fixed. I mean, young Barry would be getting even more control over his powers each loop, and no way could even Zod always beat Kara and an experienced Barry working together, but again the fixed event couldn’t be ultimately altered.
My wife pointed out that she kept getting tired. They are in the desert in full daylight. she should be getting recharged immediately.

Last edited:
I think that WB deeply miscalculated the nostalgia people have for Keaton and how much that would drive ticket sales.

I mean I can't speak for everyone but I know that most people my age (late 20s to early 30s) when we think of live action Batman we think of Bale, not Keaton. I mean I haven't even seen the Keaton Batman movies.

Sleepwalker

I think that WB deeply miscalculated the nostalgia people have for Keaton and how much that would drive ticket sales.

I mean I can't speak for everyone but I know that most people my age (late 20s to early 30s) when we think of live action Batman we think of Bale, not Keaton. I mean I haven't even seen the Keaton Batman movies.
Can confirm, the only memory I have pre dark knight is of Arnold as mr freeze, nothing else, just Arnold.

Spaceman292

Banned

I saw one of the Keaton movies and it was fucking terrible. That part with all the penguins wtf

DrFigs

I agree. It doesn't really work as nostalgia bait. Seeing Michael Shannon come back as Zod and Affleck as Batman again was more exciting to me, but they're barely in the movie.

AJUMP23

Gold Member

I went to see Keaton, but I am in my 40s.

kunonabi

I love Keaton's Batman but I wasn't putting up with Ezra Miller and that Supergirl just for him. In any other circumstance I probably would have gone.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I "left" work early and caught the last showing of this at the local theater. The movie wasn't bad, and Ezra Miller actually did a good job, but the CG looked unfinished at times and

it was weird to see the cool Keaton Batman and new Supergirl show up just to die in short order. I was like, "well that was a let down". Felt like a bait and switch given the marketing

The cameos were pretty cool. A few made me smile.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Looking at The Numbers stats, Flash daily sales domestically dropped hard to $670,000 per day. The number of theatres got cut in half. Its done $102M domestic and $146M international. So $248M so far. Maybe it tops out at $260-270M after another few weeks of drips and drabs.

Estimated costs are $200-220M for production and another $100M for marketing. So $300M+. One site says about $330M total.

Assuming the studio makes around 40-45% cut (I forget who it was who said on GAF international cuts are less than 50%), then the take home revenue is going to be maybe ($270M x 40-45%). Flash will lose $200M, excluding whatever profit they get from streaming, dvd sales, tv channels etc...

But already in the hole big time.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

You could already tell the movie was banking on anything NOT Flash.

All I remember from TV trailers was Michael Keaton as Batman and Superman. I don't think the snippet even show Flash once.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

I thought it was ok,a bit overlong i didn't expect to see
General Zod
again, i was still hoping for that Henry cameo and was dissapointed :^(
To see 80s Batman was cool again,he is overpowered lol Flash was alright as a protagonist

not the worst comics movie but this 'universe' is getting tired,for how long they are gonna work this without Znyder, Battfleck i thought he would be gone by now. 🤭

Keaton movies would have came out when were babies or just before we were born .doesn't mean we wouldn't have watched them growing up, they're iconic and would have been on TV loads .

See star wars.. from the 70s but every millennial kid has seem them .

I'd say just nobody gives a shit. Superhero fatigue created by Disney has spilled over to all movies.

Last edited:
That CGI is next level terrible. It's funny that Rock gif from the Mummy Returns was posted, because when I saw Tim Burton Nicolas Cage Superman, that's exactly what I thought of.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

Oh wow, so many Snyder movies in this list. He really hurt DC and WB. Also WB: Let's hire the man who cost us 130M to rule DC. Oh and another great idea, let's hire the guy who just lost us 200M for the next Batman! What could go wrong?

Will Smith Wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Btw, adjusted with inflation Man of Steel would make $872 000 000 (probably more than 900M by the time Superman Legacy release) and BvS more than 1,1 billion if released today. Let that sink in.
The Batman made less, and I'm curious to see how much Legacy will do. And if that movie fail, oooh poor DC....

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I'd say just nobody gives a shit. Superhero fatigue created by Disney has spilled over to all movies.
I dunno if it's fatigue, I just feel like it has become a formula, and that' why there's fatigue.

Once someone comes along with a different take and even tho I didn't like it, like the Joker, it is more successful.

SlimySnake

Oh wow, so many Snyder movies in this list. He really hurt DC and WB. Also WB: Let's hire the man who cost us 130M to rule DC. Oh and another great idea, let's hire the guy who just lost us 200M for the next Batman! What could go wrong?

Btw, adjusted with inflation Man of Steel would make $872 000 000 (probably more than 900M by the time Superman Legacy release) and BvS more than 1,1 billion if released today. Let that sink in.
The Batman made less, and I'm curious to see how much Legacy will do. And if that movie fail, oooh poor DC....
Snyder didnt direct any of those films though. he was gone by March 2017, and replaced by idiots over at WB. All those movies came out after him.

Snyder did cast all the justice league guys and yes, the first wonder woman movie made a billion. so did the first aquaman movie. Man of Steel, BvS, the first Suicide Squad and even the first Justice League all made over $700 million.

If they let Snyder exec produce and lead the franchise instead of letting the rock, james gunn and joss whedon ruin everything he built, maybe things might have been different. Snyder Cut was very well received, and if that had released in 2017 then justice league 2 comes out in 2020 and we would be getting the finale this year. i bet you anything they all cross $700 million like The Batman did.

Honestly, i have no idea why Aquaman and Flash were delayed for so long. Aquaman made a billion and shouldve gotten a sequel asap. Wonder Woman should never have been released on HBO. Thats on WB execs. It wasnt a great movie but coming off of a billion dollar movie, it wouldve easily made $700 million.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Snyder didnt direct any of those films though. he was gone by March 2017, and replaced by idiots over at WB. All those movies came out after him.

Snyder did cast all the justice league guys and yes, the first wonder woman movie made a billion. so did the first aquaman movie. Man of Steel, BvS, the first Suicide Squad and even the first Justice League all made over $700 million.

If they let Snyder exec produce and lead the franchise instead of letting the rock, james gunn and joss whedon ruin everything he built, maybe things might have been different. Snyder Cut was very well received, and if that had released in 2017 then justice league 2 comes out in 2020 and we would be getting the finale this year. i bet you anything they all cross $700 million like The Batman did.

Honestly, i have no idea why Aquaman and Flash were delayed for so long. Aquaman made a billion and shouldve gotten a sequel asap. Wonder Woman should never have been released on HBO. Thats on WB execs. It wasnt a great movie but coming off of a billion dollar movie, it wouldve easily made $700 million.
It was ironic and I completely agree, I was just pointing the stupidity of some people that are eager to criticize Snyder as soon as something is wrong at DC.
WB should have let Snyder do his thing and THEN reboot with Flashpoint as was planned in Snyder's mind all along. Instead, WB decided to chase Marvel's money and now here we are.

Some are happy that Gunn is here but I'm willing to bet they'll quickly become disenchanted.

SlimySnake

It was ironic and I completely agree, I was just pointing the stupidity of some people that are eager to criticize Snyder as soon as something is wrong at DC.
WB should have let Snyder do his thing and THEN reboot with Flashpoint as was planned in Snyder's mind all along. Instead, WB decided to chase Marvel's money and now here we are.

Some are happy that Gunn is here but I'm willing to bet they'll quickly become disenchanted.
I thought his suicide squad was atrocious. i dont think ive ever seen a worse movie.

I do like them sticking with directors even though they abandoned snyder. Matt Reeves did a phenomenal job with The Batman, and i honestly liked this guy directing the action scenes in the flash movie. I dont know if he can make a great movie but at least the action will be great.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Jesus, you Snyder guys are so salty 😂

Here’s the fact: Snyder began the DCEU poorly, and it was that weak foundation that meant it never took off properly. Is he responsible for any movies in the past few years? No. Was he the wrong man to start a cinematic universe? Yes. Would his version of Justice League have bombed as hard as Josstice League? Yes.

Everyone at WB is to blame for the failure. That includes Zack Snyder, whether you like it or not.

The fact you seem to look forward to the idea of Gunn’s DC failing means you’re not a DC fan. You’re a Zack Snyder fan. So why do you bother to continue to contribute to threads about something you clearly don’t give a shit about?

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Here’s the fact: Snyder began the DCEU poorly, and it was that weak foundation that meant it never took off properly. Is he responsible for any movies in the past few years? No. Was he the wrong man to start a cinematic universe? Yes. Would his version of Justice League have bombed as hard as Josstice League? Yes.
Man of Steel: almost 700M, more than 900M by today's standard = weak foundation.
The Batman: 760M in today's money = wow what a success!

Just be coherent please, and no ZSJL would've made easily more than Josstice League as word of mouth was very positive.

The Suicide Squad is what I would call a BIG failure and a weak foundation.
MoS on the other hand has been really reconsidered by many people who didn't liked it at release (and didn't lost any money to WB like... uh... TSS?)

The fact you seem to look forward to the idea of Gunn’s DC failing means you’re not a DC fan. You’re a Zack Snyder fan. So why do you bother to continue to contribute to threads about something you clearly don’t give a shit about?
Wrong, again. I liked what Snyder did indeed but I would love to see The Flash by Rick Famuyiwa, The New God movie, MoS II by McQuarrie etc etc...
I love DC when it's dark, not when they made fart jokes and say "Superman has a poop fetish" like WTF was that? And you guys want this man to rule DC??

Give me this

Not this stupid Marvel style bullshit:

Doom85

Snyder Cut was very well received, and if that had released in 2017 then justice league 2 comes out in 2020 and we would be getting the finale this year.

Snyder dropped out of Justice League because his daughter took her life. There was no way he was finishing the film by the end of 2017, nor should he have been expected to.

As for Whedon taking over, I imagine he was told by the higher-ups to condense the 4-hour planned film into roughly 2 hours. Given how much that means would be cut (I know Stephen King once advised as a general rule to cut 10% from your rough draft by the time you reach the final draft, obviously 50% is a LOT more), I’m surprised the theatrical version managed to even be comprehensible or even have a moment to breathe without rushing through scenes.

Also, given Whedon had prior said he was done with superhero films after getting frequently harassed by people online for things in Avengers: Age of Ultron they didn’t like, I appreciate he stepped up regardless to try to salvage JL as best he could. It didn’t really work out, but I imagine he never expected WB would ever wait for Snyder to come back to finish his version, and he was likely just doing what he could so everyone’s hard work had some sort of pay off. He probably also anticipated all the criticism would now be aimed at him, as opposed to Snyder which would just be unfair at this point (in fact, Snyder wanted to keep what happened to his daughter private, but later revealed it publicly after people went nuts claiming he had abandoned the film and thus it must suck so he felt he had to address the rumors. And this is part of the reason why I think rumor/clickbait/drama-loving YouTube channels and sites who would have made those baseless “Snyder has no faith in his film!” bullshit videos/articles can fuck off forever, it’s all fun and games to make mindless speculation to get those views until they accidentally sucker punch someone who was already hurting).

Doom85

Man of Steel: almost 700M, more than 900M by today's standard = weak foundation.

Just be coherent please, and no ZSJL would've made easily more than Josstice League as word of mouth was very positive.

MoS on the other hand has been really reconsidered by many people who didn't liked it at release (and didn't lost any money to WB like... uh... TSS?)

Wrong, again. I liked what Snyder did indeed but I would love to see The Flash by Rick Famuyiwa, The New God movie, MoS II by McQuarrie etc etc...
I love DC when it's dark, not when they made fart jokes and say "Superman has a poop fetish" like WTF was that? And you guys want this man to rule DC??

Give me this

Not this stupid Marvel style bullshit:

Pretty sure James Gunn knows Superman and Peacemaker are two VERY different characters.

I don’t mind dark DC, but it has to build up to it. I think that’s the problem, MoS already felt a bit too heavy for some people, and then BvS doubled down on it hard. Yes, it was supposed to all build up to the finish with JL which would have ended on a more idealistic note (at least I heard that was the plan initially), but asking people checking out a fresh new continuity to be patient through THREE movies to reach that point, it’s a TAD much.

How was The Suicide Squad meant to be a “foundation”? It was just meant to be a damn good movie, which it easily succeeded at. Unlike the 2016 film which even beyond the editing hack job, had Leto’s bizarre and inconsistent take on Joker, a lame ass villain, a terrible way to introduce the cast (Waller and a rando general talk over dinner while trading card info is thrust in our face! Yay! Gunn was like, ‘hmm, maybe Waller should actually introduce the Squad by actually talking to them herself, you know, like any basic writer could figure out?!’), a pathetic attempt at mimicking Guardians of the Galaxy’s frequent soundtrack songs (so hilarious Gunn came in for the sequel and showed them up AGAIN), half the cast getting barely any focus, and failing to invoke a “anyone can die” feel which is essential for a good SS film (2016 was like, “anyone can die! Don’t be fooled we didn’t give that one forgettable guy no name card like everyone else, it could be anyone! Oh, he’s trying to escape, but that doesn’t mean…..okay, you got us). Gunn actually killed off some significant characters and it wasn’t insanely obvious who would die. Also, Gunn actually depicts intense violence whereas the 2016 film just constantly assures us “we‘re the bad guys!” without actually backing it up.

The 2016 film made money mainly due to the trailer, that cleverly edited trailer set to Bohemian Rhaposdy promised a fun, intense ride……which we definitely did not get. By the time people realized the film wasn’t that great, they had already made their money. Gunn’s film now had the stigma of being a follow up to THAT film, plus it was released right when a new variant was being considered potentially dangerous, which was swiftly realized to not be THAT dangerous as long as masks and such were used properly but by that time Free Guy was in theaters and Ryan Reynolds is one of those easy crowd-gatherers regardless of a movies quality. Gunn’s SS got fucked over due to multiple circumstances, and not the quality of the film itself, and I will criticize WB execs for some of their decisions, but I’m at least glad they weren’t clowns who blamed TSS’s low earnings on Gunn and the film but seem to recognize the film got fucked over by other circumstances.

Stop using the box office as an objective indicator of quality. Are you also claiming Michael Bay was a genius with his first four Transformers movies? Because those kept making more money with each film until 5. McDonald’s is one of, if not the, most successful burger chains in the world, but good luck finding many people who go to lots of different burger places who would rank a McD burger anywhere among the best.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Snyder dropped out of Justice League because his daughter took her life. There was no way he was finishing the film by the end of 2017, nor should he have been expected to.

As for Whedon taking over, I imagine he was told by the higher-ups to condense the 4-hour planned film into roughly 2 hours. Given how much that means would be cut (I know Stephen King once advised as a general rule to cut 10% from your rough draft by the time you reach the final draft, obviously 50% is a LOT more), I’m surprised the theatrical version managed to even be comprehensible or even have a moment to breathe without rushing through scenes.

Also, given Whedon had prior said he was done with superhero films after getting frequently harassed by people online for things in Avengers: Age of Ultron they didn’t like, I appreciate he stepped up regardless to try to salvage JL as best he could. It didn’t really work out, but I imagine he never expected WB would ever wait for Snyder to come back to finish his version, and he was likely just doing what he could so everyone’s hard work had some sort of pay off. He probably also anticipated all the criticism would now be aimed at him, as opposed to Snyder which would just be unfair at this point (in fact, Snyder wanted to keep what happened to his daughter private, but later revealed it publicly after people went nuts claiming he had abandoned the film and thus it must suck so he felt he had to address the rumors. And this is part of the reason why I think rumor/clickbait/drama-loving YouTube channels and sites who would have made those baseless “Snyder has no faith in his film!” bullshit videos/articles can fuck off forever, it’s all fun and games to make mindless speculation to get those views until they accidentally sucker punch someone who was already hurting).
You can't be serious right? Whedon reshoot things that didn't needed to be, added some stupid stuff (hey what if Flash is stumbling on WW boobs? Wouldn't that be funny?)
"Hope is like your car keys", the HORRIBLE double meaning with Martha and Lois about sex, again WTF is that? "Is this bad guy still bothering you" the infamous mustache, and the drama behind the scene.
Naaaah fuck that, fuck Joss Whedon and fuck anyone defending him, this guy is a piece of shit. Now maybe he was just following order but that doesn't excuse anything. Drop the project if you don't feel like it's ok.

I don’t mind dark DC, but it has to build up to it. I think that’s the problem, MoS already felt a bit too heavy for some people, and then BvS doubled down on it hard. Yes, it was supposed to all build up to the finish with JL which would have ended on a more idealistic note (at least I heard that was the plan initially), but asking people checking out a fresh new continuity to be patient through THREE movies to reach that point, it’s a TAD much.
Oh no, a movie that doesn't consider you stupid, the horror! I can agree that it was heavy, but come on can't we have some serious (and yeah, heavy) stuff for once? I loved that world building, it was something else, a different proposition than Marvel which was exactly what was needed. As Snyder said, you can't compete with Marvel on their own field as they mastered the recipe.

How was The Suicide Squad meant to be a “foundation”? It was just meant to be a damn good movie, which it easily succeeded at. Unlike the 2016 film which even beyond the editing hack job, had Leto’s bizarre and inconsistent take on Joker, a lame ass villain, a terrible way to introduce the cast (Waller and a rando general talk over dinner while trading card info is thrust in our face! Yay! Gunn was like, ‘hmm, maybe Waller should actually introduce the Squad by actually talking to them herself, you know, like any basic writer could figure out?!’), a pathetic attempt at mimicking Guardians of the Galaxy’s frequent soundtrack songs (so hilarious Gunn came in for the sequel and showed them up AGAIN), half the cast getting barely any focus, and failing to invoke a “anyone can die” feel which is essential for a good SS film (2016 was like, “anyone can die! Don’t be fooled we didn’t give that one forgettable guy no name card like everyone else, it could be anyone! Oh, he’s trying to escape, but that doesn’t mean…..okay, you got us). Gunn actually killed off some significant characters and it wasn’t insanely obvious who would die. Also, Gunn actually depicts intense violence whereas the 2016 film just constantly assures us “we‘re the bad guys!” without actually backing it up.
Oh yeah I agree on that, 21016 Suicide Squad was terrible and I almost felt insulted. But again, thanks to WB! On the other hand I think TSS is mid a best and it didn't get massacred by WB...
"It looks like God is pissing on us" HAHAHA SO FUNNY JAMES! PLEASE DO SUPERMAN YOU ARE PERFECT)

The 2016 film made money mainly due to the trailer, that cleverly edited trailer set to Bohemian Rhaposdy promised a fun, intense ride……which we definitely did not get. By the time people realized the film wasn’t that great, they had already made their money. Gunn’s film now had the stigma of being a follow up to THAT film, plus it was released right when a new variant was being considered potentially dangerous, which was swiftly realized to not be THAT dangerous as long as masks and such were used properly but by that time Free Guy was in theaters and Ryan Reynolds is one of those easy crowd-gatherers regardless of a movies quality. Gunn’s SS got fucked over due to multiple circumstances, and not the quality of the film itself, and I will criticize WB execs for some of their decisions, but I’m at least glad they weren’t clowns who blamed TSS’s low earnings on Gunn and the film but seem to recognize the film got fucked over by other circumstances.
Ah yeah the COVID. Sure. I guess GvK and Mortal Kombat don't exist, or were failure, or didn't get any competition right?

This trailer is what people wanted to see

Stop using the box office as an objective indicator of quality. Are you also claiming Michael Bay was a genius with his first four Transformers movies? Because those kept making more money with each film until 5. McDonald’s is one of, if not the, most successful burger chains in the world, but good luck finding many people who go to lots of different burger places who would rank a McD burger anywhere among the best.
I use it as long as I want, but you are completely missing my point as you guys use BO to say BvS was shit and MoS a failure. They were not.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

James Gunn just brought more emotional resonance and power to a talking CGI raccoon that Snyder could with the greatest comic characters of all time.

I know who I'm happier having in charge.

Also, Zack's Justice League featured Lois shagging Bruce and having a lovechild, and Superman turning full blown evil after Darkseid straight up murders her. It would have fucking tanked, and rightly so. You SnyderBros aren't anywhere near the size of audience big enough to sustain a franchise.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
James Gunn just brought more emotional resonance and power to a talking CGI raccoon that Snyder could with the greatest comic characters of all time.
That's an opinion, not a fact. Also this is the easy card with cute animals being mistreated.

And I watched GoTG 3 yesterday, honestly it's not great. Not terrible either but Adam Warlock was a joke and the movie don't know what it want to be: a sad story about Rocket or your classic MCU comedy. The two don't go well together in my opinion.
That joke with the car was cringe, and of course Star Lord don't have his mask and boots when he need them THE MOST despite being in every movies and a big characteristic of the character. How convenient.
You criticize Snyder for that Martha scene but I find it WAY MORE logical and interesting with the PTSD and the build up than stuff like the ending of GoTG 3 as it's just lazy writing. And Batista is right about Drax, it's just a fuckin parody.

Also, Zack's Justice League featured Lois shagging Bruce and having a lovechild, and Superman turning full blown evil after Darkseid straight up murders her. It would have fucking tanked, and rightly so. You SnyderBros aren't anywhere near the size of audience big enough to sustain a franchise.
Make more research, that was just an idea thrown at the very beginning and was quickly abandoned. They discussed it publicly and of course trolls and anti Snyder took that as a fact (you can even heard Batfleck say "congratulations by the way" at the end).
You'd be surprised at some tossed-up ideas for your favorite movies early on in their writing. That's just how it is, you don't come up with a finalized script on the go.

We are a minority 🤡

This is the reality of what's happening, a lot of moviegoer disliked BvS because the theatrical cut was not well made, bloggers were shitting on it (and a lot of people can't make their own mind).
A few years later, when people watch it for what it is they like it a lot more:

image.png

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
That's an opinion, not a fact. Also this is the easy card with cute animals being mistreated.

And I watched GoTG 3 yesterday, honestly it's not great. Not terrible either but Adam Warlock was a joke and the movie don't know what it want to be: a sad story about Rocket or your classic MCU comedy. The two don't go well together in my opinion.
That joke with the car was cringe, and of course Star Lord don't have his mask and boots when he need them THE MOST despite being in every movies and a big characteristic of the character. How convenient.
You criticize Snyder for that Martha scene but I find it WAY MORE logical and interesting with the PTSD and the build up than stuff like the ending of GoTG 3 as it's just lazy writing. And Batista is right about Drax, it's just a fuckin parody.

Make more research, that was just an idea thrown at the very beginning and was quickly abandoned. They discussed it publicly and of course trolls and anti Snyder took that as a fact (you can even heard Batfleck say "congratulations by the way" at the end).
You'd be surprised at some tossed-up ideas for your favorite movies early on in their writing. That's just how it is, you don't come up with a finalized script on the go.

We are a minority 🤡

This is the reality of what's happening, a lot of moviegoer disliked BvS because the theatrical cut was not well made, bloggers were shitting on it (and a lot of people can't make their own mind).
A few years later, when people watch it for what it is they like it a lot more:

image.png

Honestly, you people are exhausting. Social media isn’t the real world. Your boy failed. They all failed. Just get over it. It’s sad at this point.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Honestly, you people are exhausting. Social media isn’t the real world. Your boy failed. They all failed. Just get over it. It’s sad at this point.
Marc Lamont Hill Wtf GIF by Identity

Oooh poor little thing. You are free to prove me wrong you know? Anything to say about that ending in GoTG 3? You think it was well made, for real?
DC made more money when Snyder was there, that's just a fact. You can take any number the way you want.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Flash wont even hit $110M domestically. It's tailing off fast and theatre counts are dropping. Including International it's at $267M. So maybe after another month of lingering around US and global theatres, perhaps it max out at about $275M.

Theatrical Performance
Domestic Box Office$106,940,215Details
International Box Office$160,400,000Details
Worldwide Box Office$267,340,215

13(13)The FlashWarner Bros.$103,178-57%-67%778$133$106,940,21532

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
How is it possible to fail the designs that much when there are films that have already done the job several years before? It baffle me

F1RejzvWAAMlvK0

Also give me a real Flash movie, the one by Rick Famuyiwa which was... you know... an ACTUAL FLASH MOVIE:

image.png
FZigKsSUUAI49e2.jpg

Saw it last night and it's pretty decent, as in I wasn't bored, but it's far from great. Miller kinda carries it and the action and setpieces are directed in a way you can tell what's going, which is refreshing. But any time it tried to get sentimental or be any story that isn't just a goofy multiverse escapade about two Flashes trying to get the band back together it failed miserably.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

I just saw it and honestly it was pretty bad IMO. Keaton only good thing about it. Couldn't stand Ezra Miller at all and I'm glad to see the back of him lol.

Klosshufvud

How is it possible to fail the designs that much when there are films that have already done the job several years before? It baffle me

F1RejzvWAAMlvK0
It's not easy when the job is to copy Snyder. He's really good at visuals and creating a certain atmosphere. Seeing the MoS scenes recreated made me appreciate that film even more. I also felt like Faora and Zod had much more menacing presence in MoS, with better fight choreography too.

This was noticed in the Whedon Justice League cut too. Whedon's scenes were significantly of lower cinematic quality than Snyder. The camera angles, lightning, cuts, acting and dialogue were all fucked in the Whedon cut. People don't give Snyder enough credit where he excels at.

ShadowNate

I get the Flashpoint is one of the most popular The Flash stories, but by now it's been done multiple times and arguably way better (the animated one is superb compared to what this was -- still goofy at times but way grander in scale, more violent and graphic, way better sense of the high stakes, huge cast etc etc).

This one mostly leans on the sentimental scenes, and they were fine, but the rest of the plot is sort of "whatever" or even annoying. The fan service was cool, but did not salvage the movie for me.

SiriusBlack

Neo Member
Thought it was actually pretty fun.

Funny how people can enjoy a movie once you remove the mountains of internet drivel written about its cast, its CG, its box office ad infinitum.

20cent

Banned
Didn't enjoy a superhero movie that much since a very long time.
Some of the jokes made me laugh so hard... and the Supergirl was surprisingly really good.

I don't care for Keaton either, even though I'm a 80s kid. But he was good too.

That's a shame it bombed.

Kenpachii

Fun movie, main actor kinda can't act for shit but it is what it is.

Liked supergirl, liked the batmans, the visuals and the story.

Last edited:
Top Bottom