• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2011/2012 Off-Season Thread |OT| The Year of the Red Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucius86

Banned
(First post, woo!)

Doesn't seem like we'll get many lookers this year :( The Ferrari looks horrible, but at least they seem to be trying a more radical approach. The McLaren, on the other hand,isn't the extreme car I was expecting, based on rumours, but it looks pretty good at least. Anyway, can't wait for testing to get underway, hopefully McLaren get a better start this year, sending Button to his rightful place as champion. (fanboy)

Oh and Webber is a dashing young stud!
am I doing this right?

A compliment to Webber, and Button to be WDC? I like you.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Sounds like he is going to Marussia. He must like coming into small teams and being the guy who gets them on track and performing.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Some perspective;

8231.jpg

h
peterson1.jpg

tumblr_lyqn823le81qbm0mn.jpg

1972-stommelen-eifelland-1972.jpg

76-f1.jpg

There have been far worse looking cars in earlier eras of F1.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Tell me more.

In 1976, a rule was put in place requiring driver height to be less than 3 ft. As a safety measure, the front noses were required to also serve as ladders so the drivers could exit their cars quickly in case of an emergency.

This is going to be a year full of ridiculous cars, isn't it? Looks aren't everything, to be sure, but here's hoping Newey puts out something at least a little pleasing. It'll be interesting to see if McLaren is the only team that don't go for the duck bill, then seeing if that puts them right at the top or towards the back.

Gor@n

Neo Member
The regs sure are making the cars an eye sore. The FI livery ruins the car imo, although it is still ugly with that nose. Would be interesting to see how RB address the front nose issue considering the McLaren is actually nice to look at. Maybe they'll take some inspiration from Webber's chin :p

I blink for a day and hell break loose?

rules that make F1 cars look like this should be changed! they know we have to "watch" these cars race right?

Lucius86

Banned
Going slightly OT - here's a vid from the latest F1 2011 league race - Budapest.

Definitely our closest race so far - top 4 split by less than 5 seconds at the end! And some great racing right throughout the field from what I read, which is fantastic. Any peeps interested check out the |OT|.

Adamm

So if the lotus has the platypus nose as well should Mclaren not starting getting worried?

Surely every team cant be going that direction if there's another (better?) option..

Ark

So if the lotus has the platypus nose as well should Mclaren not starting getting worried?

Surely every team cant be going that direction if there's another (better?) option..

Not really. McLaren already has vast experience with a low nose set-up, I'm sure they'll be fine.

DrM

Redmond's Baby

Some 'experts' like Gary Anderson think that platypus is only way to go this year

AndyD

aka andydumi
The best part of the platypus/non platypus is that we will at least have some differences. I dislike it when all the cars are virtually identical although it happens by mid season almost invariably.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
417684_239681622781841_203943719688965_520098_2120431933_n.jpg

402689_239682679448402_203943719688965_520100_286569173_n.jpg

Doesn't looks quite as flat-nosed and odd as the Ferrari and Caterlol, but still butt ugly IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom