• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

Mastah

"2015 will be a difficult year that will put the team to a real test."

"I think hopefully within the next 12 months we will remove all the baggage of uncertainty that is going to plague at least the initial phase of 2015."

"We started late with the 2015 car, certain choices and strategies that were made by others and that, in retrospect, I don't necessarily share."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula-one/30580526

So I guess these words were absolutely true:

"In the midst of all this euphoria," a Ferrari engineer told the insider Leo Turrini, "we should not forget to apologise in advance to Seb and Kimi for the car they will drive in 2015."

Dead Man

Ron Dennis saying that the Honda PU is impressive but hitting milestones and reliability are the most important thing.

Other bits about Ferrari:

- 2 wins next season is considered a success;
- Brawn and Newey are out of consideration for 2015;
- Spent too much time on the 2014 and 2015 was left behind (really?);~
- Marchionne finalized signing Vettel;
LOL

Nicktendo86

Fuck Ferrari. Apparently part of the reason their 2015 engine is behind is because their new facilities are not ready yet and they don't havethe required test benches. How is that anyone else's fault and why the hell should Mercedes be expected to compromise on relaxing the rules?

ramparter

Banned
LOL No way, McLaren will do double, the question is how many rounds before the end.

j/k, but I expect them to be in much better shape than Ferrari, stronger than Williams perhaps on par with Red Bull

Humidex

Wow, just reading some of the posts here gives me the impression that Ferrari are back in the bad days of the early 90's in terms of competitiveness.

Ivan Capelli - now there's a name to take me back!

Ivan Capelli - now there's a name to take me back!
WlPQ29a.png

Yeah Ferrari will be in the midfield for 2015, no way they even challenge for victories and without a racing leader in management I can see some spaghetti moments.

Big question around Mclaren is reliability. No state of the art dynos can account for that.

So he´s calling his predecessors bar drunkards? :p
I think he's calling everyone in F1 bar drunkards, to be honest. His comments on marketing F1 pretty much say he wants a different F1. But LDM said pretty much the same thing.

"TO BE CONFIRMED" and Austrian flag, hmmm:

http://www.caterhamf1.com/home

Isn't that area the countdown for the next GP?
Might not mean anything.

Hammer24

Banned
McLaren is positive about the next season while Ferrari has already written it off. I think the choice is pretty obvious.

On the other hand, MCL latest track record on car building is not especially hot; and the new PU is unproven and probably plagued by reliability issues, at least at the beginning of the season.

nny

Ferrari testing new 2015 parts:

Merry Christmas F1-GAF!

Edit: in other news, it has been confirmed that Santa's sled will not make it until the end of the day and Santa will not be able to deliver all gifts this year:

lrgp.jpg

:(

DD

It seems that the Florianópolis mayor was approached by FOM with the desire to host a street race in 2016, substituting the failed Beto Carrero World project. The second race in Brazil (the plan is to make it the first race on 2016's calendar) would be called "Grande Prêmio do Mercosul" (Grand Prix of Mercosul).

Orgun

For christmas my fiance gave me a Silverstone single seater experience trip, fucking awesome! Cannot wait to use that.

DBT85

For christmas my fiance gave me a Silverstone single seater experience trip, fucking awesome! Cannot wait to use that.

If its simliar to the one I did you;'ll love it.

Mine was at Brands and I got 15 mins in a Megan 225 and then 15 in a single seater formula brands. Just as you get into the hang of not having to brake quite so early your time is up!

Mastah

Good review, but while I understand why they did it this way, it was portrayed like there were only 6 teams participating, with Mercedes fighting for championship, Red Bull taking all the scraps left, Williams being there, Ferrari sucking with one car team and then Marussia and Caterham closing the field and bankrupting at the end.

Half of races live, half of teams review.

DBT85

I stopped getting overly excited at the reveals since so much is fake/hidden to not give anything away.

The excitement is simply that F1 is back soon!

Top Bottom