• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The "Gamers" vs. Activision Blizzard/Xbox lawsuit is going ahead and they will spend their last chance in the 9th Circuit, Law360 reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastBattle

They want a break granted on the deal while they continue to challenge it in court and have filed a fervent final written argument about why the acquisition is "surprising and dangerous."

"The evidence of anti-competitive intent to drive Sony out of the video game business is striking and dangerous, and completely ignored."

"There is no question that Microsoft's intent to liquidate Sony by buying enough gaming content threatens irreparable harm to gaming consumers."
They want a break granted on the deal while they continue to challenge it in court and have filed a fervent final written argument about why the acquisition is "surprising and dangerous."

"The evidence of anti-competitive intent to drive Sony out of the video game business is striking and dangerous, and completely ignored."

"There is no question that Microsoft's intent to liquidate Sony by buying enough gaming content threatens irreparable harm to gaming consumers."
K7M3Tmi.gif

I see people reacting weirdly to this. Of course "putting Sony out of business" might sound harsh but isn't it the purpose of every company ? Becoming the bests so obviously seeing their main opponent failing would be nice ?

When SEGA had to stop to make hardware and focus on Software do you think Sony and Nintendo had a secret meeting together like "shit our buddy SEGA, why not funding their next console ? How can we help them ?", of course not, they celebrated and were glad it happened. 1 opponent down is an obvious good news for them. So yes if Sony goes bankrupt MS will celebrate and maybe a new opponent will rise and try to take their place (Samsung, Apple or whatever).

I love my PS5, I've owned every Sony console but I find this hypocritical to or naive to be shocked that such e-mails exist.

I don't think that during the Xbox One era, Sony felt so much pity for MS... Which was normal.

To me the people outraged by those kind of emails are a bit simple minded...
If MS manage to monopolise the market then no-one can ever rise to take them on. We've even got existing examples from other markets where Microsoft have done the same thing. They're still massively dominant in the operating system world and with browsers they were forced to open things up by the courts.

Dane

I see people reacting weirdly to this. Of course "putting Sony out of business" might sound harsh but isn't it the purpose of every company ? Becoming the bests so obviously seeing their main opponent failing would be nice ?

When SEGA had to stop to make hardware and focus on Software do you think Sony and Nintendo had a secret meeting together like "shit our buddy SEGA, why not funding their next console ? How can we help them ?", of course not, they celebrated and were glad it happened. 1 opponent down is an obvious good news for them. So yes if Sony goes bankrupt MS will celebrate and maybe a new opponent will rise and try to take their place (Samsung, Apple or whatever).

I love my PS5, I've owned every Sony console but I find this hypocritical to or naive to be shocked that such e-mails exist.

I don't think that during the Xbox One era, Sony felt so much pity for MS... Which was normal.

To me the people outraged by those kind of emails are a bit simple minded...
If corporate emails from all companies during all these decades leaked, there would be lawsuits left and right.

No, they didn't. If that was the case then they would have sued when Microsoft bought Bethesda, Ninja Theory, Obsidian, Inxile, Compulsion, Playground, Mojang....etc.
The only difference in MS buying A/B is that they are much bigger than previous acquisitions

Topher

Gold Member
The only difference in MS buying A/B is that they are much bigger than previous acquisitions

And the fact that a single platform owner will acquire the single most popular annual video game franchise. Either way, the argument isn't only Sony should be allowed to buy studios. No one said that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom