• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gentlemen | A Guy Ritchie Series

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Welcome to 'high' society

the-gentlemen-key-art-79c5ff1.jpg

Eddie Halstead has inherited a large estate from his father, but he learns that the land has become part of Mickey Pearson's weed-growing empire.
Inspired by the 2019 film of the same name.

Cast: Theo James, Kaya Scodelario, Daniel Ings, Giancarlo Esposito, Vinnie Jones as Geoff & Ray Winstone

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
If it doesn't go off the rails too much I think it looks pretty good.

TBH I'd just watch a show about what it DOES take to run/manage/live on one of those properties today (or has that Downton Abbey show ruined it all?). Part Bob Villa on the renovations/repair, part Juila Childs with the cooking, part landscaping show, etc.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
The movie was absolutely brilliant as is most of Ritchie's output, I like he style and his Laaandan gangsta flicks are seriously fucking brilliant and funny as hell, so if this is half as good as the movie I'm in

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
I've kinda lost faith in guy Ritchie ever since he started to appeal to American audiences, after rock n rolla I think? Breaks my heart as he my one of my favs :messenger_crying:

Altho the Mathew mcaughey movie wasn't completely abysmal, so Ill give this a try but my expectations are low

SJRB

Gold Member
I've kinda lost faith in guy Ritchie ever since he started to appeal to American audiences, after rock n rolla I think? Breaks my heart as he my one of my favs :messenger_crying:

Altho the Mathew mcaughey movie wasn't completely abysmal, so Ill give this a try but my expectations are low

Guy Richie’s globetrotting blockbuster movies are dreadful. His upcoming movie with Henry Cavil is going to be a disaster, mark my words.

he’s at his best with a small but complex scope, like The Gentlemen, Snatch and Lock Stock.

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
the film was great so il give this ago, but hopefully theres no inspiration from the Operation Fortune film, what a load of fucking shit that was.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Guy Richie’s globetrotting blockbuster movies are dreadful. His upcoming movie with Henry Cavil is going to be a disaster, mark my words.

he’s at his best with a small but complex scope, like The Gentlemen, Snatch and Lock Stock.
Tbf I'd add Rock n Rolla into that collection of absolute perfection, I watched it not that long ago and it's just as a good as those others but Snatch still stands head and shoulders above them all, fuck me that flick is like Aliens, infinitely quotable...

brad pitt dogs GIF

200.gif

brad pitt GIF

Animated GIF

midnightAI

The movie was absolutely brilliant as is most of Ritchie's output, I like he style and his Laaandan gangsta flicks are seriously fucking brilliant and funny as hell, so if this is half as good as the movie I'm in
Also a fan of the film and early press reviews say this series is even better than the film

Neon Xenon

Looks like fun. I haven't seen the original film, but I will check that out. And I do like a lot of Guy Ritchie's films, so his name being on this is enough for me to be interested in this series.

Spotted a funny comment on the YT video for this.
3uBh1CW.png

Top Bottom