• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The God of War III Slurpee/7-11 Thread of drinking our way to freebies!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
chubigans said:
Ok guys, I'm giving away a free voucher for a GOW T-Shirt for PS Home.

GOW_shirt__jpg_125x100_q85.jpg

The first five people to draw their best Kratos angry face in MS Paint will be judged. Good luck!
kratos.png

(In honor of the Calvin and Hobbes stamp)

(yes i suck at paint)

mik

mik is unbeatable
Public Service Announcement:

For the sweet, platonic love of Christ, do not get the sugar-free Crystal Light flavored Slurpee. It tastes like an alum-powder-coated gonad.

ScrubJay

As a Slurpee junkie I heartily approve of this promotion. Getting cool stuff without going out of my way for it is the way to go.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Kratos: "ZEEUUUS! YOU WILL PAY!!!!"

*takes a drink from his slurpee*

Kratos: "OWWW! BRAIN FREEZE!!!"

Toki767

Theme looks pretty cool. It would've been cooler if his face moved though. Like breathing or something. :lol

kuYuri

Is the rewards code on the Slurpee cup easy to make out? I was at a 7-11 earlier today and I couldn't tell if it had a code on it or not.

Guess I'll check again next time I go.

At this same 7-11, I was also trying to look for Dr. Pepper for EA codes, but I didn't find any either. =/

-PXG-

ZealousD said:
Kratos: "ZEEUUUS! YOU WILL PAY!!!!"

*takes a drink from his slurpee*

Kratos: "OWWW! BRAIN FREEZE!!!"

I can see this being in the next VG Cats.....six months from now.

vazel

Banned
Haunted said:
That's the worst dynamic theme I've seen so far.
Haha I called it. I said it was going to be an image of his face with the only thing moving being the fire in his eyes. :lol Don't see why people got defensive in that other thread I like that kind of minimalist approach to dynamic themes rather than having full 3D models engaging in highly repetitive looping. The Heavy Rain theme is another one that I like.

Just dropped by my local 7-11. They had huge posters and ads up for God of War 3. This is the biggest marketing push I've seen Sony give a title. This shit is gonna do massive damage (lol pun) when it hits. But unfortunately 7-11 only had the GOW3 marketing up and none of the actual slurpees or cups. The clerk had no idea what I was talking about till I pointed at the massive Kratos behind her. She said they will probably get the cups and junk tomorrow. Really glad to see Sony giving GOW the push it deserves.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I'm trying to decide between whitehawk and Corran...so close...must...think...

Ok, whitehawk wins. Nice work everyone. :D

More giveaways soon!

DevilWillcry said:
Just dropped by my local 7-11. They had huge posters and ads up for God of War 3. This is the biggest marketing push I've seen Sony give a title. This shit is gonna do massive damage (lol pun) when it hits. But unfortunately 7-11 only had the GOW3 marketing up and none of the actual slurpees or cups. The clerk had no idea what I was talking about till I pointed at the massive Kratos behind her. She said they will probably get the cups and junk tomorrow. Really glad to see Sony giving GOW the push it deserves.

That's pretty cool to hear. I can't believe Sony is actually getting off their asses for this marketing campaign.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Ugh, I go to 7-11, get a medium drink.
And the code is damn near illegible. Tried all kinds of ways, can't redeem. :(

I forgot I hate Slurpees in cold weather.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Man, I wouldn't mind having a 7-Eleven or Slurpee Home tee/hoodie. :( Too bad there is no 7-Elevens near me. :(

Wthermans

Banned
Strider2K99 said:
Is the rewards code on the Slurpee cup easy to make out? I was at a 7-11 earlier today and I couldn't tell if it had a code on it or not.

Guess I'll check again next time I go.

At this same 7-11, I was also trying to look for Dr. Pepper for EA codes, but I didn't find any either. =/
I've got 2 DP for EA codes, but neither of them work on their site. I put in a support ticket on the offchance they actually respond. I'd like the ME2 and BC2 items.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
TheSeks said:
Man, I wouldn't mind having a 7-Eleven or Slurpee Home tee/hoodie. :( Too bad there is no 7-Elevens near me. :(

Just to add: They apparently hate Mac PPC Firefox 3 on registering. Win 7 Firefox 3 did okay. Signed up two throw-away e-mail accounts, redeemed the code Cruzader gave (thanks, Cruz!) and got my Hoodie and 7-11 shirt. The Hoodie is HUGE, kinda like Gears of Wars' power armor thing. :lol I think it's the best "free" Home item I have gotten yet! Thanks, 7-Eleven! :lol

Totally register via proxy if you're outside the US and register throwaway e-mails if those two items are all you want. Otherwise you need someone near a 7-11 for the other stuff (I probably wouldn't mind the Dynamic theme of the other Home shirt, but I ain't going to beg nor am I going to try to game the system since there is no 7-Eleven near me).

bluemax said:
Are these popping up at 7-11 already? I went on Saturday and they had nothing yet.
I don't think it officially started until today. You should start seeing the Kratos stuff pop up this week.

endlessflood said:
I do, but they're not doing the promotion in this country. It's quite depressing, I really want that dynamic theme :(

Well give it sometime and check it out man, they might not be doing the free promos but might end up selling those Slurpee cups.

Went by a 7-11 not far from my house and to my disappointment the cups were the crap

paper ones, not the good plastic ones you can actually keep. As predicted the clerk was a

hard ass about me trying to get more than one cup, but no biggie. Guess i'll just go back

tomorrow for more codes..

gillFTR

sweetvar26 said:
I'll let you know tomorrow, will go check it out.

Thanks I went to grab some food tonight and there like 2 7 elevens on the way but it totally didn't cross my mind until I came home and read this thread again.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
If someone has a spare vouchercode for the Dynamic Theme, please PM me. I live in Europe, we don't know what this 7-11 thing is, let alone a 'Slurpee'.

vercity82

I guess the themes are shareable anybody wanna make a dummy account and share the dynamic for sum $ :) id love this theme.

Top Bottom