• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The graphics gap between Red Dead Redemption 2 and GTA 6 will be greater than the one we experienced between GTA 5 and RDR 2"

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
"The graphics gap between Red Dead Redemption 2 and GTA 6 will be greater than the one we experienced between GTA 5 and RDR 2"

WATER: Rockstar Games has therefore decided to develop a new technology concerning water physics and integrate it into their next project, GTA 6. The team in charge of this mission is called the « RAGE Technology Group« , a subdivision of the Rockstar San Diego studio that developed and released the starry firm's proprietary engine in 2006. The team is composed of twenty-ish engineers with in-depth knowledge of programming, real-time physics simulation, understanding of memory padding considerations, linear algebra, trigonometry, matrix and quaternion mathematics. After months of research, experimentation and optimization, engineers at the Californian studio have achieved the feat of physically simulating water in an open-world video game in real time.
The ocean will play an important role in the GTA 6 universe, and that new activities such as surfing will be possible (although this has not yet been confirmed). In 2000, Rockstar Games published the video game Surfing H30, developed by Opus Studio. The game being what it is, it had the merit of daring to venture into an area where the technical capabilities of the time were not optimal for making the most of the targeted activity.

VEHICLES: Many improvements have been made to vehicle physics, thanks to a significant increase in the number of polygons compared with GTA 5. This will enable more precise deformations and, by extension, more realistic accidents. From now on, vehicle customization will impact not only the exterior, but also the driving experience. In any case, this is what Rockstar and the San Diego teams are aiming for with the new version of the RAGE engine. Installing a spoiler on your vehicle, for example, may prove useful for your handling during gusty storms. The balance between realism and arcade mode will be managed in such a way as to maintain a driving experience similar to that of GTA 5, so don't worry about this key element of the game.

More at the link below:

https://www.rockstarmag.fr/gta-6-im...-of-the-rage-engine-a-rockstar-mag-exclusive/

R* Ain't playing. Game should be something else. About time we get a real graphical showcase this gen. I'm sick of forcing myself to be impressed. Fucking bring it.

Physics. Animation. Destruction. Fidelity. Bring it all

Last edited:

Moses85

Series S though right? Kinda knee caps them this Gen?

Also is this source reliable?
Series S will get the last Gen Version instead

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
Blah blah blah. Without proof that is even less valuable than developer marketing speak. It's Chinese whispers.

And with that vehicle section, all of you that plan to buy GTA6 had better hope it's all nonsense. Who actually wants a spoiler to affect windy weather driving performance? They talk about how extra polygon magic enhances realism then try to pretend the balance between arcade and sim will be well managed.

sinnergy

The tech they talk about in this article is way to heavy for in game Rockstar level of graphics running in realtime with all game logic. But one can dream. See you in 2040.

Last edited:

PeteBull

We all saw the matrix demo, and that it dips below 20fps when lots of stuff is happening, thats max for xsx/ps5, limit that wont be reached in actual game, coz even in fidelity mode actual game cant dip below 20fps, but gotta hold at the least mostly stable 30.
Gta6 will look good, but best case scenario will be close to the matrix demo, lets see game's actual gameplay trailer(not cinematics/in engine aka bullshot trailer, we always get those and actual gameplay looks always much worse), then we can somewhat know what to expect from final game, at least on consoles.

One positive thing is, since rumors/leaks about ps5pr0 coming holidays 2024- will be just in time for gta6, that definitely gives gta6 ps5pr0 version potential to shine.

Last edited:
I believe it when I see it. The previous "leak" stated a trailer should drop in a few days, so I'll just wait for that (if it happens at all).

Klik

GTA 5 vehicle physics/deformation was just too arcade for me,hoping that GTA 6 will be much more serious, more in line with GTA 4. Even though vehicle physics weren't perfect in GTA 4 i remember spending hours just crashing and driving around. We can only hope it will be something like BeamNG lite

Last edited:
I remember talking to a physics buddy who spoke about how water being simulated properly in real time was his threshold for when computer simulations had really arrived.

YCoCg

Why do we keep giving attention to these "insider's"? It's like every week at this point GTA6 trends and it's some trust me bro bs that they've got insider sources and the trailer is definitely coming next week you just gotta believe this time!

Krieger

Knowing Rockstar I'm sure they will first release a last gen version, 3 years later they will bring out the current gen version and then, 2 years after the next gen is out, a next gen version. And many people will tripple dip this shit.

cormack12

Gold Member
I still remember driving out to the sea in gta v, obviously wasn't perfect but man R* really know how to present everything.

Graphics will improve in a sense but I think most studios will be focusing on things like this, scene density and scene interactivity to push games forward this gen.

SABRE220

Well if any team has the budget to invest it all in one sure hit game its rockstar. They really have the ability and resources to go all out on details, so Ill give them a benefit of a doubt but considering the output of devs this gen and the leaks alluding this is cross gen yeah not much basis to be hopeful.

HL3.exe

It's not even "graphics", they actually seem to focus on leaps in interactive simulations, which I vastly prefer over stuff like RaYtRaCiNg. (Which can be also cool, but ultimately not really interesting/relevant from a gameplay standpoint)

Robb

Gold Member
Meh, focus on creating better mission designs and characters that don’t control like tanks/responsive controls instead.

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
Meh don't over-hype yourself. Let's be real game will look a tad bit better than GTA5, that's about it. If there's something they need to improve is those clunky and slow character movement, having to tap X like a maniac to make your character run is the most annoying shit in R games. Game will also be 'woke' as shit so there's that.

Last edited:

Jakk

I wouldn't really trust Rockstar Mag, and I really doubt the jump in graphics will be as big as the one from GTA V to RDR2. Just look at most of the games releasing nowadays. It's mostly iterative improvements when it comes to graphics. Besides, RDR2 is still one of the best looking games.

GTA 5 vehicle physics/deformation was just too arcade for me,hoping that GTA 6 will be much more serious, more in line with GTA 4. Even though vehicle physics weren't perfect in GTA 4 i remember spending hours just crashing and driving around. We can only hope it will be something like BeamNG lite

Yeah I hope its more like GTA 4 than 5. The driving in 4 felt realistic and was super fun. It actually felt dangerous when you pick up speed. GTA 5 was a big downgrade in comparison. Actually I feel like GTA 5 was a downgrade in most aspects apart from graphics.

Lunarorbit

I spent the day in rocky Mtn natl park on Friday and just kept thinking about rdr2. I'm gonna go back and play that again this winter. It's so pretty... They did such a good job with the environmental design.

It's funny to say now but looking at the night sky in skyrim on ps3 was another time I marveled at graphics. Fuck yeah Rockstar. I'm not even a gta fan and I'm excited to see what they put out

Top Bottom