• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The greatest wristwatch ever?

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/sega-dreamcast-wristwatch-197753.php

dreamcastwatch.jpg

hooo

boooy
Cute, but anyone who would wear it is looking for a beating from the geek squad. You can find much cooler watches at a place like Tokyo Flash if you're looking.

Weren't there some Nintendo watches a looong time ago with games like Zelda and Starfox on them? BTW, that DC watch look badass in a nerdy way. I want one. :(

Ecrofirt

ok, so a wristwatch that looks like a DC is a joke, but one that looks like Asteroids is completely awesome?

The ****?

xaosslug

Ecrofirt said:
ok, so a wristwatch that looks like a DC is a joke, but one that looks like Asteroids is completely awesome?

The ****?

the Asteroids wrist watch doesn't look like a joke though. ;p

Mr_Furious said:
Where might one be able to purchase such a fine time piece?

ooh, there's a bunch on eBay. It's Fossil, too... I wanna buy one, yo!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Ecrofirt said:

The ****?

One is a conversation starter with chicks, one is a conversation ender.

Ecrofirt

Here's the DC Watch:
Dreamcast Wristwatch

Unless it clearly says Dreamcast on it with a red crayon logo, it doesn't really look all that apparant, IMO. Looks more like a watch that just has the crystal covered to protect it.

Ecrofirt

Stinkles said:
One is a conversation starter with chicks, one is a conversation ender.

Yea, I can really see chicks starting a conversation with you if you're wearing a watch that has an animation of Asteroids going on constantly.

Yea.

Stinkles

Ecrofirt said:
Yea, I can really see chicks starting a conversation with you if you're wearing a watch that has an animation of Asteroids going on constantly.

Yea.

I just tested it.

"Hey, check this out."

"That's cute! I used to play that game. Does the screen move?"

"What about this one?"

"I don't get it. What's a Dreamcast."

Ecrofirt

Stinkles said:
I just tested it.

"Hey, check this out."

"That's cute! I used to play that game. Does the screen move?"

"What about this one?"

"I don't get it. What's a Dreamcast."

So, if the girl doesn't even know what a Dreamcast is, what's the harm? In either case you're drawing attention to yourself to show off your wristwatch.

Stinkles

Ecrofirt said:
So, if the girl doesn't even know what a Dreamcast is, what's the harm? In either case you're drawing attention to yourself to show off your wristwatch.

Look, I just about did it with a sexy lady, and you're arguing on the interwebs. And your handle is Triforce backwards.

I win. Excuse me while I do more seducing.

Mrbob

When the hands move, does the DC watch screech like the system loading data?? I want real authenticity for 130 bucks!

Top Bottom