• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Guardian: The Last Guardian will be at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that one thing is mutually exclusive or anything but if you do put stake into it so much based on publication as opposed to taking it as a think piece, they were dead set on proclaiming Zelda as the "game of the show" before having to be corrected on Nintendo already saying it wouldn't be there.

I don't really think putting much stake into The Guardian's knowledge on games is going to make that much of a difference in the long run. Plenty of proclaimed insiders are already saying that it's likely to show up and The Guardian reporting on it doesn't make it any more likely the way I see it.

The difference between this and the Zelda thing is he is directly claiming a source gave him this info about Last Guardian.

I'm not saying its legit but its a credible source and that at least gives the rumor some legs

whoszed

GBI8PvV.gif

Maestro at it again. This is everyone in this thread

ryan13ts

I can't think of a more perfect picture to sum it up.

In all seriousness, it's been 6 years since it was shown and over 8 years since it started development. If it doesn't show at this E3, it's dead and there's no two ways about it. Sony should just flat out say so instead of keeping faint hopes alive that it will magically show up one day.

I want it to be alive just as much as anyone else (even at the cost I'll have to pay now), but the skeptic in me says otherwise, especially after all these years.

Vexidus

If Sony doesn't respond to this, it's legit. In which case, it's kind of a shame that their biggest megaton as far as enthusiast gamers go, got spoiled. Either way, this will be an exciting E3.

Slowdive

Banned
Some novice journalist is getting major props right now for getting insane numbers of clicks on his little list piece, and all he had to do was slip a little thing like this in.

Good for you, guy.
dont toy with my emotions :(

If this game is at E3 I will be absolutely shocked. Even if (IF) it's ready, TLG seems like a TGS or PSX reveal.

Keith Stewart isn't a novice lol. And it's not like The Guardians are short on clicks.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If Sony doesn't respond to this, it's legit. In which case, it's kind of a shame that their biggest megaton as far as enthusiast gamers go, got spoiled. Either way, this will be an exciting E3.

I am surprised they haven't released a blanket non-confirmation / non-denial at least yet. Something along the lines of it still being in development and it'll be shown when we're ready to show it etc.

Kuni

This doesn't bother me to be honest (unless footage is leaked). It's been a long wait :)

Besides The Last Guardian being at E3, did The Guardian say anything about Halo 5: Guardians or Guardian DLC for Destiny being at E3?

GorillaJu

Their announcements get spoiled every year :\

I understand why people do this, it takes real fortitude not to release info that you know will get people excited or make them happy, but in the end it's best to follow the company's plans and save it all for a real surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom