• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Guardian: The Last Guardian will be at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaythe

You have to figure that this would be something sony may comment on if it wasnt true. If it werent true and this thing keeps gaining momentum and keeps growing sony would probably eventually have tonsay something kike "we are still working on tlg but it isnt ready to be shown at e3. We will have more information in the future." The longer this keeps going without comment from sony, the more likely i think is. I guess we'll see soon enough.

There is a similar rumor every year they never say shit.

E3 happens, it s shit, then claim tlg isnt dead but not ready.

Funny-gifs-build-on-train-tracks.gif

gaf=house
train=tlg
chaplin=kev

Vexidus

Why would Kojima even know anything?

It stands to reason that one of the most highly revered Japanese game designers would know something about a high-profile Japanese-developed game. That dude knows all kinds of people and is close with Sony studios. If anybody other than an actual Sony insider knows something about this game, it's Kojima.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Fuck this thread. Fuck all of you.

I'm not getting hyped for this shit again. No fucking way. A man can only have his heart broken so many times god damn it.

This game doesn't exist until I see hands on testimony.

Ethelwulf

I'm not getting hyped for this shit again. No fucking way. A man can only have his heart broken so many times god damn it.

You are already hyped and on board. There's nothing you can do about it. It's deterministic.

Steel

Banned

When you see it appear at E3, you'll get hyped exponentially more than you would have if the game hadn't been terribly delayed. Then at the peak of your happiness, the game will release.....
And it will be a terrible game, just to spite you.

I basically never comment on any TLG threads, but it's crazy how two of the most anticipated games of 06 are finally (seemingly?) seeing the light of day.

Never thought the day would come - Personally, I was more invested in Versus XIII (FFXV), and I'm just not as hyped anymore considering the changes Tabata and his team seem to have made...

But both games were announced the same year, so I truly feel for all TLG fans out there.
It's just mind-boggling how some trailers leave an impression on us and have us invested for almost 10 years! 10 friggin' years! I sincerely hope you guys and gals get a worthy trailer at this year's E3, fingers crossed! :)

Maxim726X

Do people honestly think they're just going to can the game after they've spent millions of dollars on it?

Come on now. Will it be any good is the more pertinent question.

MattyG

Banned
Sometimes I don't want this game to ever come out because I know that Trico will die at the end and I just won't be able to handle that.

4a530.gif

Mononoke

Banned
There is a similar rumor every year they never say shit.

E3 happens, it s shit, then claim tlg isnt dead but not ready.

Sony has recently shut down rumors rather then allow the negative PR of people being let down from it not being there when people hoped it would be. They almost have to get out in front and announce ahead of time it won't be there, given the history of this game.

Also, Guardian is reputable in general, so people are just hoping that since they are willing to post an article saying they believe their source is legit. I of course don't think this means it's 100% happening. But I sure hope Sony cuts this rumor down quick before E3 if it's not. No reason not to, and they have more to lose not saying anything.

reKon

Banned
It would actually be the funniest shit if TLG didn't end up making E3 still. It would be the meltdown and would melt GAF servers.

Shengar

Yearly Gaf TLG thread is always the best. A kind like blooming flower in the early spring, a moment that you know that E3 have come.

Stimpack

I still don't see why this is such a big deal. Regardless of whether or not the thing ever sees the light of day, we have no idea if it would be good. It could be hot garbage, and with the amount of delays, I wouldn't be surprised if it were.

Mononoke

Banned
powers was 5 mins out of 120 mins.

I still think Sony conferences run too long, and have bad pacing. I always walk away thinking Sony had better highs, and more games that interest me. But I always feel their conferences are off and they could do more to trim them down and fix easily avoidable problems..

If MS does only games again and do a rapid fire presentation, it will be a contrast to the slower parts of Sonys conference. Especially if they venture into non games territory.

wapplew

I still don't see why this is such a big deal. Regardless of whether or not the thing ever sees the light of day, we have no idea if it would be good. It could be hot garbage, and with the amount of delays, I wouldn't be surprised if it were.

I take hot garbage just to have a closure.

we are talking about team ico here, not ubisoft montreal.

There are people who think ICO & SoTC are hot garbage so that doesn't mean anything here.

I'm a skeptic, but the timeline does make sense. Allan Becker joined Japan Studio a few years back solely to whip them in shape for the PS4. Take this excerpt from Kotaku from almost 2 years ago...

The Tokyo-based Japan Studio, responsible for PlayStation 2 classics such as Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, and the Ape Escape franchise, seemed A.W.O.L. for much of the PS3 generation. Now, on the eve of the PlayStation 4's release, Japan Studio is trying to make a major comeback. I went to Tokyo to find out how.

It wasn't a single trip. I had to go to Tokyo twice to get the full story, and to gain an audience with the man who is sort of Sony's secret weapon for making Japan Studio a force to be reckoned with once again.

That man is Allan Becker, former head of Sony Santa Monica which is, not coincidentally, one of the studios that defined the PS2 and PS3 generation with the likes of God of War and thatgamecompany's Flow, Flower and Journey. Becker now runs Japan Studio and it was in the studio's Tokyo offices that he told me about his goal: "For Japan Studio to be relevant globally in two and a half years."

That last part is what's most important. We're just months away from that milestone.

If you want to read more: http://kotaku.com/how-sonys-most-creative-studio-rose-from-the-ashes-1458030068

Regarding The Last Guardian:

As my time at Sony's Tokyo offices was winding down, I had to address the elephant in the room. Or rather, make that a large griffin-like animal. Fumito Ueda, the famed Japan Studio game creator behind Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, and The Last Guardian was mentioned repeatedly throughout the interviews. But the status of that third game, nearly five years in the making and waiting, remains unclear. And while work continues, Ueda doesn't even technically work for Japan Studio anymore, even if he is still there. The takeaway I got was that Ueda hasn't gone away. He's still there at Japan Studio, toiling away.

The Last Guardian was first announced in 2009, and it hasn't yet been released. I ask whether or not Becker thinks that the more structured environment at Japan Studio will help Fumito Ueda and The Last Guardian.

"We're real-time in that process," Becker replied. "And we don't necessarily agree with each other—Fumito Ueda and I—about process. In some sense, I sort of... implemented change, which, I think, is causing some concern and consternation. But, once again, I think the benefit will come through. We're still going through that phase of adjustment and finding the right balance and groove."

Given how much time has passed since that interview, it's entirely possible they found that groove and are ready for a 2016 launch.

Do we know if Ueda has been actively working on this? I know he went contractor awhile back vs permanent with Sony/tlg, just curious if there's been any rumblings as to how consistent his involvement has been since then.

Do we if Ueda has been actively working on this? I know he went contractor awhile back vs permanent with Sony/tlg, just curious if there been any rumblings as to how consistent his involvement has been since then.

he is game director. he said the position change wasn't much of a change at all.

and that's totally normal. you go to an i.t. dept in any company and you'll see contract and permanent employees doing the same things. only the pay and job security are different. contractors get paid more.

he is game director. he said the position change wasn't much of a change at all.

and that's totally normal. you go to an i.t. dept in any company and you'll see contract and permanent employees doing the same things. only the pay and job security are different. contractors get paid more.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification. Good to hear!

Drewly

Banned
This game, if it will get released at some point, will never live up to the hype and will sell terrible. Atleast that's what I think.

7threst

I'm not at all interested in A Boy and His Bird but I'm definitely buying a ticket for this hype train. Don't wanna miss this ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom