• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Humble Monthly Bundle

zulux21

ZueoKWe.png
this months bundle

and next month's unlocks

zulux21

is black mesa another generic early access game or something

Main Info
Black Mesa is the award winning fan-made re-imagining of Gordon Freeman's landmark journey through the Black Mesa Research Facility. Relive Half-Life, Valve Software's revolutionary debut, and experience the game that raised the bar for the entire game industry all over again!

Key Features
Nostalgia has never felt so fresh - Expect tremendously detailed environments, old-school tough-as-nails combat, and a gripping story with memorable characters. The all-new soundtrack, voice acting, choreography and dialogue create a more expansive and immersive experience than ever before!

Heavily updated single player experience - The over 10 hour single player experience has greatly improved from the mod release; new visuals, new voice over, updated gameplay encounters, stability changes and more. Xen is not part of the Early Access release, but will included as a free update when it is ready.

Black Mesa Multiplayer - Fight with or against your friends, in two game modes across 10 iconic maps from the Half-Life universe including Bounce, Gasworks, Stalkyard, Undertow and Crossfire!

Custom Modding Tools & Workshop - Use the same tools as the developers! Create your own mods, modes and maps for Black Mesa and Black Mesa Multiplayer and then share your work, and subscribe to others, on the Steam Workshop!

Complete Steam Integration - Collect the full set of trading cards, backgrounds, emoticons, and achievements! Steam Cloud, Steam Workshop and partial controller support!

aka it's a huge fan remake project with valve's blessing.

I really want Black Mesa but that would have been the only game from this bundle that I wanted and I'll eventually pick it up on sale. Glad I skipped this month!

zulux21

the only one I didn't own that is on my wishlist is event[0]. black mesa could be fun as well though.

overall not a great bundle, but only because the freedom bundle came out before which took out the witness as a solid inclusion. if it wasn't for that it would have been a great bundle as it would have been worth $11 for the witness alone.

dcassell

Banned
A remake of Half-Life that started as a mod and then was put on sale after Valve approved it. It's good but not yet finished. They still haven't added Xen.

I've never beaten Half Life 1. Is that a gigantic portion of the game missing? I've always meant to go back and check it out, but have never really made the effort to. Would this be a better way to experience HL1 than HL: Source or whatever that was?

D'oh! A bit let down, don't know why I subscribed. Ah yes, to play The Witness, which turns out is a masterpiece. As an Xbox GWG subscriber I find the Humble Monthly worthless. Ah well. I even skipped Layers of Fear as a freebie last month with GWG, didn't even bother with "buying" it. Tumblestone was already free with GWG to mediocre reviews. I see there's a Steam Early Access game, I've never been interested in unfinished betas. Black Mesa is a fan made game. And there's a pixel game. (Not that I'm anti-pixel, love 'em, but still.) My own fault I guess for having two subscriptions. Giving some to charity at least makes up for it.

BiggNife

Slime San is cool. The dudes who made it are pretty prominent in the NYC indie community and I thought it was pretty neat the few times I played it.

gngf123

Damn, I already had the Witness but decided to sub anyway.

Super happy I did now. Really wanted Black Mesa and Tumblestone and own none of the others.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Glad I cancelled, already have Witness and BM and the rest doesn't interest me

I've never beaten Half Life 1. Is that a gigantic portion of the game missing? I've always meant to go back and check it out, but have never really made the effort to. Would this be a better way to experience HL1 than HL: Source or whatever that was?

The last part of the game is missing for now. It's not a gigantic portion, probably 1 hour at most. But it's a very special environment so it takes them longer to finish that.
I think Black Mesa is a great game, it's not a 1:1 remake though. It's pretty faithful but not exactly the same.

Wish that I hadn't already grabbed Black Mesa in a Steam sale, it's been completely untouched. Still a good month for me, Event[0] was on my wishlist.

dcassell

Banned
Glad I cancelled, already have Witness and BM and the rest doesn't interest me

The last part of the game is missing for now. It's not a gigantic portion, probably 1 hour at most. But it's a very special environment so it takes them longer to finish that.
I think Black Mesa is a great game, it's not a 1:1 remake though. It's pretty faithful but not exactly the same.

Cool. I might check it out then. I've played Half Life 2 several times, but I've seen almost literally nothing of the first title.

Actually a pretty decent bundle, even after you factor out The Witness (due to the Freedom Bundle). Most of those games I'm at least curious about, so I'm pretty happy with my net seven dollar purchase.

Definitely sticking around for Dirt Rally and Inside though. Both for $12 is an insane deal.

NeoRaider

Only The Witness and Slime-San look interesting to me. I really wanted The Witness... :(. But wasn't sure about the rest of the bundle, i usually don't care about most of the games.

I hope to see The Witness in one of the regular bundles. Can we expect that?

kulapik

Meh too, glad I cancelled. And not sure I'll be coming back next month, inside might be a great game but not sure it is for me.

RedToad64

Cool. I might check it out then. I've played Half Life 2 several times, but I've seen almost literally nothing of the first title.
I actually find the first one to be significantly superior. If you like it then check out Opposing Force and Blue Shift as well.

Zeneric

dirt rally (and inside) for 12 bucks is a great deal. i would sub but i already own dirt rally (don't care for inside). dirt rally is highly recommended.

MoogleMan

Great month for me. 5 of the 7 games I had on my wishlist. Next month looks to be great too. Been wanting inside and dirt rally. :)

I've you've never played HL1, you'd be better off playing HL1 for the first time. Black Mesa is similar in terms of story, but the overall experience is still entirely different. It's their own take on Half Life rather than a completely faithful recreation just with updated graphics or something like that.

Rafy

I really want Inside but I already have Dirt Rally, and don't want to pay 12 bucks just for that + some mystery games.

If anyone already has Inside and is trading the key from the bundle let me know.

KingV

This is probably the worst bundle yet. Two previous Xbox live gold games (one from almost a year ago), and one that was in a Bundle a month ago.

Next months unlocks look pretty bad too. Inside is good, but already played it. And Dirt Rally came out like 18 months ago by the time this bundle drops.

NeoRaider

This is probably the worst bundle yet. Two previous Xbox live gold games (one from almost a year ago), and one that was in a Bundle a month ago.

Next months unlocks look pretty bad too. Inside is good, but already played it. And Dirt Rally came out like 18 months ago by the time this bundle drops.

Imo. both March and April were disappointing.

mclem

Is Kingdom - New Lands a sequel, or an expanded version of the original game?

Amused that I bought Dirt Rally just last night, but that was on PS4 with PSVR in mind.

J3ffro

Definitely the weakest month so far for me. I already played the Witness on PS4 on launch (so I gave that key to my brother), and for the last 4 months I've had at least 2 of the other games on my wishlist, I had none this month. I dabbled in Tumblestone when it was free on Xbone, and if it was on my phone I'd probably play it when I was waiting at a doctor's appointment. A friend had Layers of Fear on her wishlist, so she got that key.

Black Mesa looks promising because I've never really played any of the Half Life games. Seems like a good place to jump in. I'll give Event 0 a shot as well, that hadn't hit my radar before today.

I'll probably still sub next month even though I've already beaten Inside. Dirt Rally could be fun, and I have a few friends that want Inside so I can just give one of them that. And I'm hoping the hidden games come through again.

Eridani

Dirt Rally is seriously one of the most fun racing games I've ever played. Anyone even remotely interested in the genre that doesn't own it yet should pick it up at this price.

Top Bottom