• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Internet Really Seems to Hate Franchesca Ramsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

She's the perfect recipe for stupid internet hate. The only thing she's missing is being part of the LGBT.

Good for her on staying strong and fighting through the toxic waste that is internet hate groups/trolls.

You would think because it's stupid and absurd and sounds like a parody.

But this is the year 2016 so everything stupid and absurd is reality.

Creating a racialized society with racial hierarchies and imposing them on a group of people for centuries that continue to be at the bottom of it and are still heavily segregated by neighborhoods and schools might just have a lingering effect, don't you think? Regardless of the current year, that legacy doesn't just disappear.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
And thanks for the long reply, wish people did that more often than getting agitated and making bad assumptions about me. >.>
Your first post in the thread was a one-liner writing the subject off as stupid. The reply you're quoting was, if fact, a debate of someone else's opinions that you dropped as a proxy for having to formulate and express your opinions in your own words.

You get what you give. You want long-form discussions on your arguments, you need to put in some work on your end first. Why are you expecting anyone to write paragraphs of sourced material to debate your views when you can't even do us the courtesy of writing them out to begin with? Compare and contrast the content of the replies you're expecting of others and the content of the replies you've made yourself. There's a pointed divide there.

Atenhaus

How did they act? Were they joking around with or teasing her about it, or where they legitimately upset with her dating you? And if they were upset, did they get over it?

All but two were real jokey about it and didn't give two shits and are real chill in general. One was legit upset about it and wouldn't talk to her for a month after he found out. He eventually came around and is cool. Another one who got mad never really got over it and they drifted apart. Last time I heard he's a member of a local Nation of Islam chapter.

I mean, it's whatever. I don't know how those two dudes grew up and what they experienced for them to react that way. I certainly can't police their reactions, either.

All but two were real jokey about it and didn't give two shits and are real chill in general. One was legit upset about it and wouldn't talk to her for a month after he found out. He eventually came around and is cool. Another one who got mad never really got over it and they drifted apart. Last time I heard he's a member of a local Nation of Islam chapter.

I mean, it's whatever. I don't know how those two dudes grew up and what they experienced for them to react that way. I certainly can't police their reactions, either.

Ok, because I don't see many people getting that upset; at worst we just crack jokes about it. People who legit can't get over it have personal issues. And of course he's a member of the Nation of Islam. LOL At least it makes sense.

Ulysses 31

Your first post in the thread was a one-liner writing the subject off as stupid.

I wasn't writing off the topic as stupid at all, I was providing a possible reason why she gets hate.

I'm not oblivious to the fact that any celebrity gets hate on the interent. The title seemed to kinda imply that she gets a disproportionate amount of hate.

Atenhaus

Ok, because I don't see many people getting that upset; at worst we just crack jokes about it. People who legit can't get over it have personal issues. And of course he's a member of the Nation of Islam. LOL At least it makes sense.

lmao yeah, him joining NOI was super telling. He was really big into general conspiracy theory stuff too - like real Alex Jones-esque shit. I wish she was still friends with him on FB since he would post the most hilarious links about how water flouridation is an overarching Illumanati scheme that's backed by the Rothschild family and other assorted hilarity.

Verelios

1) She's intelligent
2) She's outspoken
3) She's Black and pretty
4) She focuses on issues of race and gender
5) She's a woman

Pretty much a magnet for internet trolls. And an embarrassingly high number of them are black men.

Ain't gonna stop the homegirl tho.
Wow, sometimes I get an urge to smack some people upside their heads, this is a disgrace that happens far to frequently.

Really like what I've watched so far, thanks for pointing her stuff out OP.

Great to see content like this thriving in the current political climate.

Leunam

This has been one of the most nauseating aspects of the recent election - white people trying to assert that white nationalists and BLM are somehow morally equivalent when BLM is striving for equality and the other side is having a prolonged temper tantrum at the prospect of *actual* equality.

I had this same argument with a friend of mine. I lost track of the amount of times I had to explain to him that one group wants equality and the other wants supremacy, and that his staunch desire to not take sides is laughable because the choice is monumentally easy. He's fallen victim to the mentality that BLM and the Alt-Right are both just trying to divide us. It's frustrating.

I had this same argument with a friend of mine. I lost track of the amount of times I had to explain to him that one group wants equality and the other wants supremacy, and that his staunch desire to not take sides is laughable because the choice is monumentally easy. He's fallen victim to the mentality that BLM and the Alt-Right are both just trying to divide us. It's frustrating.

That's how White supremacy works. Any attempts at fighting against it is labeled as terrorism, hate groups, agitators, thugs, etc... and false equivalencies are made to true White hate groups that have committed actual terrorism and murdered thousands of people often times with impunity by the White supremacist society.

Fuchsdh

I mean, there are the black people who want to invert the power structure rather than equality. Just like there are women who actually are men-haters. But it might help if you point out to your friend that those people don't actually have the power to achieve their goals; they're a minority of a minority. Whereas white supremacy groups may be fringe but they still gain a lot of innate heft from the existing power structure.

I mean, there are the black people who want to invert the power structure rather than equality. Just like there are women who actually are men-haters. But it might help if you point out to your friend that those people don't actually have the power to achieve their goals; they're a minority of a minority. Whereas white supremacy groups may be fringe but they still gain a lot of innate heft from the existing power structure.

This is the most important part.

Leunam

That's how White supremacy works. Any attempts at fighting against it is labeled as terrorism, hate groups, agitators, thugs, etc... and false equivalencies are made to true White hate groups that have committed actual terrorism and murdered thousands of people often times with impunity by the White supremacist society.

Yeah it's kind of amazing how far they get, too. Sure enough, he tries to equate protests and riots as the true danger while ignoring the very recent violent past civil rights groups had to fight through.

That came up too. He tried to frame fringe "SJW" actions as potential policy change but was completely ignorant and dismissive of actual systems in place to keep minorities down, all because we've both managed to do well for ourselves despite our childhood situations.

Sunster

Lol. Fuck the coli outside of some shit in TLR. Buncha hotep ass people and white people posing as black folk

I was lurking there for a week and i shit you not, there was a call out thread for this very thing. One of the best threads I've ever read. Then I checked out "Higher Learning" and an uncomfortable number of opinions on non black poc and lgbt people are

scust.png

I was lurking there for a week and i shit you not, there was a call out thread for this very thing. One of the best threads I've ever read. Then I checked out "Higher Learning" and an uncomfortable number of views on non black poc and lgbt people are

scust.png

I used to post in this hip hop forum for years and it went through a period of exposing people and it was crazy the amount of users who were Pro Black/Fuck Whitey, writing heavily using stereotypical African American vernacular English phrasing and expressions, Hating White hip hop/R&B artists, dropping the N word all time... come to find out were predominately White. I remember how shocked we were at long time members that we just knew were Black.

Aristion

Banned
To be fair Ramsey was pretty much made invincible in the show, fighting with his shirt off, having 20 good men, and just being a despicable fuck who tortures and rapes people...I mean he was entertaining but in a crazy kind of way.

What are you referencing? xD

Sunster

I used to post in this hip hop forum for years and it went through a period of exposing people and it was crazy the amount of users who were Pro Black/Fuck Whitey, writing heavily using stereotypical African American vernacular English phrasing and expressions, Hating White hip hop/R&B artists, dropping the N word all time... come to find out were predominately White. I remember how shocked we were at long time members that we just knew were Black.

Sorry for the derail but I just cannot help but link the thread. It perfectly sums up what you just said. http://www.thecoli.com/threads/mikeyc-exposal.452964/ I've seen him still posting too!

Bro, I'm dating a white blonde man. Never in my life did I intend to date a white person. I have told him that our children will be called black but that they will not be to me. They will be biracial. He's ok with that too.

But its a lottery, because we've seen the typical light skin curly hair kid. And then there is the wavy blonde white skin biracial person. Then what?

I guess you will find out if you keep this man. Nella Larsen wrote about this in her novella, Passing. But she put things in a negative light; you never know which part of your children's genetics will show.

Bro, I'm dating a white blonde man. Never in my life did I intend to date a white person. I have told him that our children will be called black but that they will not be to me. They will be biracial. He's ok with that too.

But its a lottery, because we've seen the typical light skin curly hair kid. And then there is the wavy blonde white skin biracial person. Then what?

Yeah, the singer Halsey has an African American biological father and she can and is passing for White, so much so people don't believe she has a Black father. LOL

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Watching the videos you posted, she's kind of annoying, there aren't enough jokes, and the jokes she does have aren't that funny.

Bite sized factoid videos need to be palatable, and she's not really succeeding in that. People don't want to be educated, the want to be entertained, and failing that the speaker needs to have a level of charisma that she doesn't meet.

When you add together all the things the internet hates (black people, women, women who aren't apologetic and subservient, black people who aren't Uncle Toms, actual facts) there's plenty of fuel for the internet hate machine and nothing to really calm the outspoken idiots that lead internet rabbles.

It's even possible for 2 white people to have a black child.

"White" people. Remember race is completely made up, so you could very easily have 2 "White" people that look it, can pass for it, but let's say under America's one drop rule wouldn't technically be white; have Black genetics that produce a Black baby.

She's black, she's a woman, she's a "social justice warrior"/progressive. She's all the things that the most toxic shitheels on the Internet hate.

I love her. Her work is important. Also she dragged Charlamagne on twitter for knocking women of color for not using their platforms effectively while propping up Tomi Lahren.

Yep.

Black, female, fights against racism, actively progressive, large audience.

Perfect storm of hate.

Ivan 3414

As someone who listens to The Black Guy Who Tips podcast, this post doesn't really surprise me.

One of the hosts often mentions how when a complaint comes in for annoying voices that complaint is always over women on the podcast (seems to happen after every single female guest on the podcast).

I was listening to an NPR segment(I was probably linked to it by GAF) and the host were talking about how listeners would complain about some hosts and guest using vocal fry. Despite the male host regularly speaking with vocal fry(which he admitted to), every complaint they received was about the women.

I just know a lot of people were shocked to find out.

I bet they were upset at the news. LOL

I remember people were shocked that Jennifer Beals of Flashdance fame has an African American father. I saw an interview where she said for years, Puerto Ricans have tried to claim her. LOL But I can definitely see why people would think she looks Hispanic/Latino.

soco

Can we please not say "the internet" and then later scope that down to a tiny, but vocal minority of people on the internet. It's basically ascribing more power to them than they have (as is creating a thread about them in the first place), while furthering their bullshit.

Slayven

As someone who listens to The Black Guy Who Tips podcast, this post doesn't really surprise me.

One of the hosts often mentions how when a complaint comes in for annoying voices that complaint is always over women on the podcast (seems to happen after every single female guest on the podcast).
Godbless Queen Karen, even though she beats Rod. He deserves it sometimes.
I bet they were upset at the news. LOL

I remember people were shocked that Jennifer Beals of Flashdance fame has an African American father. I saw an interview where she said for years, Puerto Ricans have tried to claim her. LOL But I can definitely see why people would think she looks Hispanic/Latino.

What kills me are the dudes that suddenly lose their attraction after finding out. I know they go home and fap even harder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom