• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iOS Gaming Thread December 2012: Santa touched me somewhere weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

I played Middle Manager of Justice for a couple hours today. Game is pretty, pretty, pretty good. My main concern right now is it is tough to get Superium. Hopefully the game doesn't devolve into pay to win to unlock better Super Hero's. Also, unless I'm missing some twist, I've already maxed out all the additions for the agency. Now I just need to level them up. Agency building is fairly simplistic. It's really fun leveling up your Super Hero's base stats and abilities. Even if I only get 5 hours out of the game right now it will be worth the time investment. Good thing is it sounds like Double Fine has a host of additional updates planned.

Edit: So the real Into the Dead update is out? It was funny seeing the update say "PLEASE DON'T UPDATE."

I think it's humorous and has a nice stile to it, but it is just super boring to play. Just like all these other F2P games it is nothing more than making a few actions and then waiting for time to pass by. There is nothing interesting about it. It doesn't really involve any strategy. It's more just how do I want to wait.

Mrbob

I think it's humorous and has a nice stile to it, but it is just super boring to play. Just like all these other F2P games it is nothing more than making a few actions and then waiting for time to pass by. There is nothing interesting about it. It doesn't really involve any strategy. It's more just how do I want to wait.

I was wondering if this would come up the longer you play the game. I notice that each upgrade takes more time to do. At least the upgrade time is counted if you don't have the program running.

Kers

Anyone tried The Respawnables from Digital Legends? (Free)

mzl.ucgojckb.320x480-75.jpg
mzl.izubhswk.320x480-75.jpg

Yeah, the humor in Middle Manager is great, but (I think) you gotta have some form of minigames in terms of these management type games unless the pace is really great (ie Game Dev Story).

Oh my god. Sometimes I wonder if the iOS gaming community on GAF is in denial or if everyone's a compulsory liar... so I gave Baldur's Gate on the Pad a spin. It's horrible... it's so much better and easier to control on PC that it's not even funny. Natural fit my ass, the game sucks on the Pad. Jesus Christ.

Stay the fuck away from Baldur's Gate on the iPad unless you CAN'T play it on a PC.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
What was the IAP error in that Into The Dead update?

There was an issue where people would purchase something, the game would take your cash and not give you the virtual coins. We turned off IAP straight away to avoid people doing that, and thankfully Apple turned around an update approval in record time.

So, if you happen to have version 1.1, update to 1.1.1 before buying any IAP.

If you lost money on the last update because of the above, let me know.

SmokyDave

Oh my god. Sometimes I wonder if the iOS gaming community on GAF is in denial or if everyone's a compulsory liar... so I gave Baldur's Gate on the Pad a spin. It's horrible... it's so much better and easier to control on PC that it's not even funny. Natural fit my ass, the game sucks on the Pad. Jesus Christ.

Stay the fuck away from Baldur's Gate on the iPad unless you CAN'T play it on a PC.
Oh joy, it's you.

xJavonta

Banned

How are you still here

I'm in need of a new iPad lol. I just got an iPhone 4 (I know, but I needed a new phone fast and these were cheap) and the retina is phenomenal. I turned on my iPad 2 for the first time in a couple of days and WOW. The difference is huge.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Damnit Bulge is right up my alley but I just got Cook, Serve, Delicious, Walking Dead Assault, The Grading Game, Baldur's Gate, Middle Manager and Minigore 2. What to do, what to do. D:

ParityBit

I disagree. Our opinions offset ... Move along...

How are you still here

A quick trip around google kinda showed me reviewers agree with me. All reviews are poiting out how much worse the controls are when compared to the PC version.

In this case it's incredibly clear the iOS version is worse, and yet the zealots will still defend it.

I'm all for iOS gaming, but when it's just undeniably worse, there ceases to be a point, doesn't it?

xJavonta

Banned
A quick trip around google kinda showed me reviewers agree with me. All reviews are poiting out how much worse the controls are when compared to the PC version.

In this case it's incredibly clear the iOS version is worse, and yet the zealots will still defend it.

I'm all for iOS gaming, but when it's just undeniably worse, there ceases to be a point, doesn't it?

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you, I haven't played it myself. I'm just shocked that you're still here when every post I've seen of yours in this thread is a negative one, never anything positive. Ever.

SmokyDave

Colour me shocked. Whatever next? FPS better on a mouse and keyboard? Driving games better with a wheel?!

I must have missed the bit where there was a big 'iOS vs. PC' argument in this thread. Those crazy zealots and their 'defending', eh?

I'm all for iOS gaming,
Clearly. Every post you make drives that point home.

but when it's just undeniably worse, there ceases to be a point, doesn't it?
No, or people would only release games on the PC.

I look forward to the next time you stumble in here to swing at some shadows.

PFD

Oh my god. Sometimes I wonder if the iOS gaming community on GAF is in denial or if everyone's a compulsory liar...

It's the latter.

so I gave Baldur's Gate on the Pad a spin. It's horrible... it's so much better and easier to control on PC that it's not even funny. Natural fit my ass, the game sucks on the Pad. Jesus Christ.

I don't recall anyone saying it played better on the iPad than the PC, and many people have repeatedly pointed out (myself included) how hard it is to click corpses, doors, and other objects.

Yea, that's very annoying, and the devs are working on a fix. That still doesn't stop it from being an awesome game, though.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you, I haven't played it myself. I'm just shocked that you're still here when every post I've seen of yours in this thread is a negative one, never anything positive. Ever.
Why stalk any particular user? Some people probably think the same of me when in truth there are tons of positive things I've said about iOS games I've played and recommended. Not saying the same applies to this guy but eh, I wouldn't care to know either way. Thread title doesn't say positive discussion only. Dude has idevices and does play games on them. That's more than enough to post here. If you don't care of what he thinks then don't reply, he's not gonna post repeatedly after saying his opinion of things if it's not challenged. And if it's challenged then expect discussion to go the way it goes rather than wonder why he's here.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
It helps to stop treating the iOS community as a single delusional entity though, iOS-gaf is always playing so many different things at the same time that seeing two or three posters saying they love a game isn't reflective at all of any sort of consensus. If you have a negative opinion on a game just elaborate on it, a lot of people do it in this thread without resorting to hivemind generalizations.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Chubigans gave me an extra code for Cook, Serve, Delicious to give out on Twitter...I'll probably do one of those lame 'RT this tweet' to give it away tomorrow

xJavonta

Banned
Why stalk any particular user? Some people probably think the same of me when in truth there are tons of positive things I've said about iOS games I've played and recommended. Not saying the same applies to this guy but eh, I wouldn't care to know either way. Thread title doesn't say positive discussion only. Dude has idevices and does play games on them. That's more than enough to post here. If you don't care of what he thinks then don't reply, he's not gonna post repeatedly after saying his opinion of things if it's not challenged. And if it's challenged then expect discussion to go the way it goes rather than wonder why he's here.

What? Who says I'm stalking him? I said every post of his I've seen. It's not like I'm going through his post history and mining for shit, I'm pointing out my observations. But coming into a thread for the sole reason of shitting on something isn't good discussion, it's trolling/flaming. Negative feedback is perfectly fine, when it's justified by some constructive comments. Show me something constructive in that post and I'll be inclined to agree with you.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
What? Who says I'm stalking him? I said every post of his I've seen. It's not like I'm going through his post history and mining for shit, I'm pointing out my observations.
Well, you did emphasize it, like ever EVER, and made it the whole basis for your argument of him still being here or not...

Just saying.

Agree the hivemind stuff shouldn't be said though, missed that.

dream

Yall been so testy lately. How about just shaking hands and playing some Cook, Serve, Delicious?

God, this game is so good and no I'm not on chubigans's payroll.

Shaneus

Yall been so testy lately. How about just shaking hands and playing some Cook, Serve, Delicious?

Aw damn, just noticed this was iPad only. Was hoping to get some of it up in my 4S.

Oh well, lucky I stlll have an iPad!

Heel

I agree, friend. This game is wonderful and deserves much more coverage than it is getting outside of this thread. To any iOS journalists/reviewers/players reading, this game absolutely deserves your attention!

Imagine the complexity that'll be added when you get more recipes, ingredients and prep slots. Could very well end up being one of my favorites of the year.

dream

I agree, friend. This game is wonderful and deserves much more coverage than it is getting outside of this thread. To any iOS journalists/reviewers/players reading, this game absolutely deserves your attention!

Imagine the complexity that'll be added when you get more recipes, ingredients and prep slots. Could very well end up being one of my favorites of the year.

That's what compelled me to marathon 16 days. They keep teasing me with stuff. What are those golden tickets?!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
This year is ending with quite a bit of iOS games it feels like. Even better if Real Racing 3 is still on track for this year

In that Respawnables game, you're supposed to kill every person you see, right? I wasn't sure because I saw others in my game but then I saw bot enemies also.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm stupid. What I thought were bots were just people dressed differently, haha

Mrbob

Cook, Serve, Delicious is addicting.

My main question is I keep on screwing up soda orders. What's the key to getting perfects?

Apath

So who bit on Battle of the Bulge? It looks like a great game, but I'm not so sure about the value of a $10 game that is only one map. I'd love to hear some feedback on the game.

It would have been better if star command came out this year
Wow, Star Command looks awesome.

gazele

Banned
It would have been better if star command came out this year

Yeah :-/

That game looks amazing, but the long Dev time and multiple kickstarters thing has me a little worried

Bought cook serve delicious, super excited to try it out, wanted to since the quick look

Hypatia

I haven't been gaming on iOS since my niece broke my iPod Touch 4th gen so I need to get a new one/an iPhone.

Which piece of kit would be best? I'd prefer to buy something that ran games better than my old iPod did but without going into super-expensive iPhone 5 territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom