• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iOS Gaming |Thread5| From Zero to Gaming Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonesquad

Two things:
Dungeon Story is not free in Australia, yet seems to be free everywhere else. If I dig 100000000000000, Dungeon Raid and the Zoo Keepers, is it worth a buck?

I think you missed the sale:( I'm a bit torn on the game. It is very much a clone of Dungeon Raid, it just has more persistent leveling instead of being a roguelike. Which I can appreciate, but the game also feels very ameraturish. My bigger problem is it almost feels too much like Dungeon Raid, but in the areas DS does differ I prefer DR. Not bad for a buck for DR fans, but don't expect a whole lot.

I grabbed 10000000 earlier despite my misgivings over its less than impressive looks. Not sure it's clicking with me yet either. The game mechanics are hard. Either I can't find a key when I need it, or I can't properly line them up fast enough. This might take practice and a few upgrades I guess.

I grabbed 10000000 earlier despite my misgivings over its less than impressive looks. Not sure it's clicking with me yet either. The game mechanics are hard. Either I can't find a key when I need it, or I can't properly line them up fast enough. This might take practice and a few upgrades I guess.

It never clicked for me, mostly because I didn't let it. I really should give it another chance, though. I stopped playing it because I hated being rushed but after Super Hexagon my outlook on that has changed so I think I could tolerate it better.

SmokyDave

Arc Squadron is shit hot. Reminds me of Afterburner Climax in some ways. It's one of those games where I'll need to do some in-app purchasing to alleviate the guilt of only paying 69p.

Can't wait to try it on the iPad when I get home.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Heyo,

Our new iOS space shooter ARC Squadron is out tonight and it's only $0.99 for the first 24hrs (down from $4.99), check it out.. happy to answer questions. We are proud of it!

Reviewers are comparing it to an iOS Star Fox.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/arc-squadron/id512808632?mt=8

edit: Here's the demo link for those on the fence: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/arc-squadron-lite/id564247225?mt=8

Bought!

Btw the new thread will go up in about an hour, you might want to repost in there later too.

It never clicked for me, mostly because I didn't let it. I really should give it another chance, though. I stopped playing it because I hated being rushed but after Super Hexagon my outlook on that has changed so I think I could tolerate it better.

I started playing again and now I'm kinda hooked. The game mechanics took a while to get used to it's sort of like and endless runner so you're not supposed to get very far at first. The learning curve is way too steep.
But the music and that little flip move he does to get out of bed never gets old.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Bought Knights of Pen & Paper and ARC Squadron, and I haven't even tried all my previous purchases from this week. Guess my rule of not buying anything for a while until I actually need something new to play is officially busted. I blame this thread, a whole dollar!, etc.

The Secret of Grisly Manor is free at the moment. Adventure game.

SteveWD40

I started playing again and now I'm kinda hooked. The game mechanics took a while to get used to it's sort of like and endless runner so you're not supposed to get very far at first. The learning curve is way too steep.
But the music and that little flip move he does to get out of bed never gets old.

Yeah it takes a while (and lots of upgrades) for you to make progress, but thats kind of the point. I was fucked off with it at first but am getting the hang of it.

Epcott

This GAF impression is that you should try it.

It seems a few of us have played it in the last couple of hours since release and impressions seem fairly positive. How about you try it for yourself and become one of them holy tastemakers. So then when people say "I hear it's good" it will be because they heard YOU say it was good. Oh, imagine the power!!

Nay, I say. I would only abuse that power.

But seriously, I'm limited time wise, due to Nanowrimo this month. But I did indeed download it. I suppose I can find the time to give it ago while on the porcelain throne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom