• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiny Invaders is free.

mzl.maqiaphl.320x480-75.jpg

Oxx

I think I just saw the end of Infinity Blade.

Do I choose New Game+ or New Bloodline?

Is there more content?

Reese-015

Oxx said:
I think I just saw the end of Infinity Blade.

Do I choose New Game+ or New Bloodline?

Is there more content?

No catches. No more content that I know of. Be very aware that New Game+ will remove all your gear though... However, it will also unlock new top tier gear that you can get (but will still have to pay for and will have to play a long long time for to get it).

Reese-015 said:
I think it's a matter of taste, Infinity Blade isn't shallow at all. I've played through perhaps a hundred bloodlines now and I play because I love how the difficulty increases and how you can keep getting better at parrying/dodging techniques and timings.
Personally I found that the difficulty did not significantly increase once I had seen the various enemy types (there aren't really that many) and most of the variation was extremely minor, along with the benefit of using things like parrying. And 95% of the increased difficulty went away when they added the option to increase the size of the dodge buttons, thereby reducing the odds that the game wouldn't recognize input.

I mean, over all the bloodlines I think I died once from something other than God King. By the time I quit almost nothing would touch me on the way there and almost all damage came from the frame rate crapping out (iPad) and messing up the timing. I think by Bloodline 3 I had seen most of the animations and from there on it was mostly input failure messing me up; enemies only became "harder" because some numbers went up and icons were added, not because they did anything new or challenged my playstyle.

Reese-015

Of All Trades said:
Personally I found that the difficulty did not significantly increase once I had seen the various enemy types (there aren't really that many) and most of the variation was extremely minor, along with the benefit of using things like parrying. And 95% of the increased difficulty went away when they added the option to increase the size of the dodge buttons, thereby reducing the odds that the game wouldn't recognize input.

I mean, over all the bloodlines I think I died once from something other than God King. By the time I quit almost nothing would touch me on the way there and almost all damage came from the frame rate crapping out (iPad) and messing up the timing. I think by Bloodline 3 I had seen most of the animations and from there on it was mostly input failure messing me up; enemies only became "harder" because some numbers went up and icons were added, not because they did anything new or challenged my playstyle.

How many bloodlines did you do? Because one flaw of the game in that regard imo is that it stays pretty easy until bloodlines 10-15 or so. The Deathless can be challenging too though.

Oxx

Reese-015 said:
No catches. No more content that I know of. Be very aware that New Game+ will remove all your gear though... However, it will also unlock new top tier gear that you can get (but will still have to pay for and will have to play a long long time for to get it).

Hmm. I thought the latest update said something about a new enemy, but I don't really pay much attention to the enemy names so I might have already killed it.

Reese-015

ruxtpin said:
So does Infinity Blade require you to pay extra (make IAP) to see the entire game and experience everything?

Not at all. If you just wanna see and experience everything it also won't take you all that long. It's just if you want the most uberpowerful gear in the whole game that it'll take you a looong time to get there. (unless you pay a ridiculous amount of money for it through iap)

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
Of All Trades said:
The amount of money needed to get the Infinity Blade (which I assume unlocks another area which has an Infinity Blade-shaped keyhole) is pretty ridiculous and why I deleted the game after beating the God King a few times. I thought the game would pony up the sword or significantly increase the cash flow but it doesn't in order to draw you towards the terribly priced IAP. And frankly that's why I have almost no interest in IB2 (I'm not expecting the game to get meaningfully deeper and I've had enough of the shallow gameplay).

Really? I got the infinity blade after a while no problem. And when you finally beat the real boss and start over without your gear its very difficult

Reese-015 said:
How many bloodlines did you do? Because one flaw of the game in that regard imo is that it stays pretty easy until bloodlines 10-15 or so. The Deathless can be challenging too though.
More than 10 for certain.
Really? I got the infinity blade after a while no problem. And when you finally beat the real boss and start over without your gear its very difficult
At least 10 bloodlines, leveling and selling armor, and I think I had less than half the cash needed to buy the thing. I really expected the game to give it to me after it gave me a great sword following my first finish but nope.

ccbfan

Of All Trades said:
More than 10 for certain.

At least 10 bloodlines, leveling and selling armor, and I think I had less than half the cash needed to buy the thing. I really expected the game to give it to me after it gave me a great sword following my first finish but nope.

The difficulty for infinity blade does not come from bloodline x but from bloodline ^ x.

I can get to bloodline 1000 and the game will still be easy as long as I stay in bloodline ^ 1 since in bloodline ^ 1 as long as I have 100 magic I basically have infinite magic and shield only lose like 5 per attack.

At bloodline ^ 10 I loose like 20 shield per attack. Enemies move much faster and can one hit ko you.

Reese-015

The Dark Meadow and Highflyer just came out. Both look fantastic!

Playing so many awesome games already that I'll just put them on my appshopper list though.

heringer

Reese-015 said:

Playing so many awesome games already that I'll just put them on my appshopper list though.
Which store? Can't find it here. And what's the price?

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
Highflyer looks good. Don't know about Dark Meadow though - looks very odd. You have this mystery story with tacked on infinity blade style action.

Flunkie

Banned
If you're not sick of endless runners, everyone needs to get the best one yet, Temple Run.

It wouldn't be addicting if it weren't for the upgrades and power ups, all of which are perfectly attainable without an in-app purchase. I've been quite attached to this game lately, because I just can't put it down. "Just one more" turns into fifteen.

mzl.pdohyspi.320x480-75.jpg
mzl.egmajxbc.320x480-75.jpg

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Yea I've spent a fair amount of time on Temple Run. Snagged it when it was free, have got all the upgrades but the last 2 invisibility ones.

There's a game I saw that plays like Temple Run but it kind of looked like Tron. I don't remember it's name though. What's it called and is it any good?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
That sucks. He really left Apple at the last minute then, I thought the reality was he still had a couple of years left.

R.I.P. Steve, what a great mind... A visionary. Who knows how many ideas he's left behind as a legacy.

:(

Ranger X

Someone can give me impression or recommend "Where's my water?"

The game looks fun, it's just that I never heard anybody say something.

FHIZ

Ranger X said:

It's alright. There's nothing there that's revolutionary... just a water physics puzzler that doesn't really do anything crazier than having water fly over a gap. It's really easy too... I burned through it very quickly.

60_gig_PS3 said:
mzl.hbzecfie.320x480-75.jpg

I discovered a new game called curvebot. It's pretty solid and sort of unique. You have to cut out sections of the level to make the smallest cut possible and rescue these little dudes. definitely worth checking out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhp47R2uW_U

anyone else try this game I want to know if Im crazy or is it actually really good. smooth as butter 60fps custom 3d engine. The looks are deceiving whoever made this game has got some real talent.

heringer

Ranger X said:

It's great. Super polished, charming and fun.

Fusebox

Banned
Reese-015 said:

I'm keen for both of these, would love to hear some impressions people...

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
The Dark Meadow is good - it's a better game than Shadowgun by a good bit. But I don't think it's AMAZING or anything. Unless something changes as I play through the (final?) sections tonight, my score will be between Shadowgun and Infinity Blade in my review tomorrow. The best part of the game is the writing / voice acting. Both are awesome, and there's a TON. I've played a looooooot of Dark Meadow, and I've never heard any of the monologues repeat.

Edit: High Flyer is very disappointing.

Fusebox

Banned
GDJustin said:
The Dark Meadow is good - it's a better game than Shadowgun by a good bit. But I don't think it's AMAZING or anything.

That's huge props, I love Shadowgun. Thx, I'm gonna check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom