• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

GhaleonQ

I am going to go on about this everywhere in case it gets S.N.K. the 3 extra sales it needs to stay in business.

Dahamn, that's one helluva opening post. Good stuff.

I've dabbled a little bit in game centers here, but this will be my first KOF game. Pretty hyped.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I'm telling everyone I know to buy this and support the last true honest fighting game developer.

Then I will stomp them all into the ground with my wonderful waifu kula. :)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
In other news i am now part of iPlaywinner.

GAF iPW Fersis.

Mikhal

Seems like most people are going PS3? I went ahead and created an Xbox Live gamertag for KOFXIII GAF. Hope you guys don't mind even though I'm mainly a lurker.

Gamertag: GAF KOFXIII

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fersis said:
[*]Q:Sprites? What is this a kids game? Where are my polygawns!?
[*]A:Get the hell out of my thread >8(

At least we agree on this one thing, Fersis. Too bad they don't have proper Iori out of box, so no sale.
Along with SNK/Suckmore is still alive. No sale.
;)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Mikhal said:
Seems like most people are going PS3? I went ahead and created an Xbox Live gamertag for KOFXIII GAF. Hope you guys don't mind even though I'm mainly a lurker.

Added to the OT

sleepykyo

Mikhal said:

Aside from load times? is there anything wrong with the ps3 version ?

Vespa

Nice work on the OT, Fersis.

I am so sad that I can't support this day 1 because of my lack of cash T_T I really hope this sells well. 2d forever.

GrayFoxPL

Let's dance!
iLsOVHC88qtmk.gif

Fersis

spats said:
waa waa soulless bloated pr pastebin

2/10

Seriously though, nice work!
I actually removed lots of stuff to make it short but i wanted to show how much content the game has compared to KOFXII

sleepykyo said:
Aside from load times? is there anything wrong with the ps3 version ?

What ??? the PS3 load times are fucking great .
They were using it on the stream yesterday mostly likely had it install was a little faster than the arcade version IMO .
Other than that we have not heard about any problems on either systems.
To tell the truth KOFXIII should be a perfect arcade port with the console versions being even better .

Dachande

I had to cancel a few preorders this month because I'd overspent last month.

But not this. I couldn't cancel this. I wouldn't let myself.

Fersis

Im not sure about GAF policies but since those are from the dumped ROM you should remove the link just to be sure.
Sowwy.

Lambtron said:
I've never played a KoF game, but I've always wanted to. Is XIII a good place to start?
The King Of Fighters 2002 is the closest to XIII in terms of gameplay.

alstein

Ezalc said:
See this is why I like Leona the best. The only thing that would make her better is if she had those short green shorts instead of pants.

I really wish they had given Leona the booty shorts as an alternate outfit.

Dachande said:
I had to cancel a few preorders this month because I'd overspent last month.

But not this. I couldn't cancel this. I wouldn't let myself.

Funny, I had to give up UMvC3 because of being short on funds after a vacation. But I dare not cancel this.

TreIII

Ahh...my copy is already paid off in full at my local "StopGames". It's just a matter of waiting for the fateful day to FINALLY arrive.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
No Spectator mode? Whaaaaat?

Like, no spectator, period? Even if Im in a lobby, waiting while two other people fight?

BadWolf

Tomat said:
No Spectator mode? Whaaaaat?

Like, no spectator, period? Even if Im in a lobby, waiting while two other people fight?

The game gives you the option of playing practice mode while waiting for someone to challenge you.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
That's a little better, more productive at least, but come on now. 2011 and no spectator (I know MvC3 didn't have it)?

alstein

Tomat said:
That's a little better, more productive at least, but come on now. 2011 and no spectator (I know MvC3 didn't have it)?

I've been shouted down on this before, but I'll happily trade no spectator for less lag.

Grokbu

Do we know yet if lobbies can be filled with more than 2 players?

EDIT: Sorry for asking this question so many times. :(

xero273

alstein said:
I've been shouted down on this before, but I'll happily trade no spectator for less lag.

solution to that would be to make spectate an option when creating lobbies.. remember someone in umvc3 thread saying you have to turn on spectate for it to work in lobbies. that way both sides will be satisfied

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Spectating isn't a lobby-specific option in UMvC3. It's just that the player can choose to use it or keep it turned off.

alstein said:
http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1409.750

Rumor is Damdai worked on KOF's netcode.

Very good news if true.

Fingers crossed.

It just so happens that I'm going to be off from work next Tuesday through the following Monday. KOF shipping on time, with good netcode, would make me very, very happy. It would easily become my most-played fighting game...just like the good ol' days when I played the Neo over everything else.

Will be getting on both systems.

Gamertag: lyte edge
PSN ID: lyteedge2 (possibly might just use lyteedge but 2 has become my ID for fighters)

Ken

Have this pre-ordered. Never really played a KoF before so I'm looking forward to trying something new.

Top Bottom