• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

aravuus

Early SC pacing has definitely put a damper on my enjoyment. Haven't played it in a week or two I think.

As long as I finish it before CS2 is out I'm good tho.

Exentryk

The first two Trails in the Sky games were on sale on GOG, so bought them. Currently waiting on SO5 to be delivered, so will play these games after that. Have heard a lot of good things about these games, so looking forward to experiencing it myself.

Ugh, so i JUST learned that apparently the third chapter will be coming to the West as a PC EXCLUSIVE only? Well, since the game STILL has not reappeared on the EU PSN, i may just scap my original plan of playing this whole series on my Vita and go with the Steam versions instead then hmmm.... Too bad, i prefer rpgs on the go vastly over having to set a specific time apart each day or each couple days to game on my PC :(

Gu4n

Ugh, so i JUST learned that apparently the third chapter will be coming to the West as a PC EXCLUSIVE only? Well, since the game STILL has not reappeared on the EU PSN, i may just scap my original plan of playing this whole series on my Vita and go with the Steam versions instead then hmmm.... Too bad, i prefer rpgs on the go vastly over having to set a specific time apart each day or each couple days to game on my PC :(
I share your preference, but in this case I would recommend the Steam versions regardless. The (revised) translation is much better and consistent between both FC-SC and the rest of the series. Furthermore, the Steam version makes use of the PS3 version's HD assets making the game gorgeous in comparison to the scrambled sprites on PSP.

Jolkien

Im dying here Xseed. Please tell us when Cold Steel 2 is coming out so I can book some vacation time at work.

Quick question, I know Cold Steel take place 2 years after SC (at least I'm pretty sure). When does The 3rd fit into this ?

Im dying here Xseed. Please tell us when Cold Steel 2 is coming out so I can book some vacation time at work.

Quick question, I know Cold Steel take place 2 years after SC (at least I'm pretty sure). When does The 3rd fit into this ?

Its going to be fall season bro

Probably September

3rd... is before and interwoven so Im REALLY tempted to shelf CS2 (or buy it on sale) until i beat 3rd

Gu4n

While we have no exact dates for many pre-Cold Steel events, SC ends c. spring S.1203 and The 3rd starts precisely half a year after that (say, September S.1203). Cold Steel starts in March of S.1204, three months after the start of Zero.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Yeah, I'm not feeling FC EVO. Oh well.

So hungry for more Trails right now

Hopefully the new Vita hack inspires fan translators to take on Ao and Zero though I will happily pay for Xseeds efforts if they ever announce them

Shame 3rd is 2017 GAHH

Not sure If I can hold of on playing CS2

aravuus

I'm 100% sure I can't put CS2 on hold. I'll be there day one and if I'm working that week, I'll probably even take a couple of days off without pay so I can really get into it lol.

Darn uni starts again in September though. At worst I'm gonna have practically no free time at all from like October to March. Gonna have to try and finish CS2 before things start getting hectic.

Nyoro SF

I'll be in Japan when CS2 is delivered to me if the date really is in September.

Speaking of which, where's a good place to purchase Falcom stuff in Japan? I know Falcom has their own physical store somewhere, but it doesn't look like anyone has an address (unless the shop is directly at their HQ or something...)

Gu4n

I'll be in Japan when CS2 is delivered to me if the date really is in September.

Speaking of which, where's a good place to purchase Falcom stuff in Japan? I know Falcom has their own physical store somewhere, but it doesn't look like anyone has an address (unless the shop is directly at their HQ or something...)
Try the Orion in Tachikawa, which is approximately 30 minutes by train from Tokyo Station. Falcom's HQ is also a five minute walk from Tachikawa Station. Other than that, try every Book-Off you can find.

preta

I listened to 3rd Evo's soundtrack, and honestly, I'm not too impressed. The arrangements are a bit sloppy and most of the synth is worse than in the original versions. The only arrangement that really impressed me was Banquet of Frenzy. Castle of Illusions is alright too.

Kind of pathetic that out of 5 Evo soundtracks, only Ao's can stand up to the original version.

ghostlight_ross

Ghostlight
Since some of you have asked what's going on with the EU PSN version of the first Trails, I've been told that our licence has now expired, and the rights have reverted to the owner.

zakujanai

Since some of you have asked what's going on with the EU PSN version of the first Trails, I've been told that our licence has now expired, and the rights have reverted to the owner.

What does this mean?? I prefer the PC version simply because of the way I tend to play but I was still thinking of getting SC and playing through both on Vita again at some point.

ghostlight_ross

Ghostlight
What does this mean?? I prefer the PC version simply because of the way I tend to play but I was still thinking of getting SC and playing through both on Vita again at some point.

It doesn't affect Trails SC, but the first Trails game won't be available on PSN until the rights holder, I think it's probably XSEED but this isn't an area I'm too involved in, makes the game available again.

zakujanai

It doesn't affect Trails SC, but the first Trails game won't be available on PSN until the rights holder, I think it's probably XSEED but this isn't an area I'm too involved in, makes the game available again.

That sucks. Hope somebody finds a way to get this back on PSN. I remember getting it with the Persona 2 double pack you guys did. The PSP really was awesome.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
As long as it is a matter of XSEED putting up a EU PSN version, it will probably happen eventually if they are aware of the issue. And I'm sure they are.

That sucks. Hope somebody finds a way to get this back on PSN. I remember getting it with the Persona 2 double pack you guys did. The PSP really was awesome.

Gee, i mean i am now set on getting this for PC sometime soon but still, THIS is exactly why physical will ALWAYS beat digital as far as formats go. Issues like this simply weren't a thing in the past.

zakujanai

Gee, i mean i am now set on getting this for PC sometime soon but still, THIS is exactly why physical will ALWAYS beat digital as far as formats go. Issues like this simply weren't a thing in the past.

I have a physical copy as well as digital but obviously couldn't play on Vita with that. I'm not particularly against digital releases but I do make sure I have physical copies of games that are important to me for exactly this reason. I would've bought SC at release if it had been physical. Incidents like this only serve to reminded me that a digital purchase isn't true ownership, merely an infinite rental licence and I don't like that at all.

Cold Steel 2 is confirmed for physical in Europe isn't it? Can't recall seeing that anywhere and I've worried myself now 😂

The picture taking quest in Sora SC (紺碧の塔) is complete bullshit. Walking back from the dead center, I'm always aligned to the left. Move slightly to the right, and it's all the way to the right.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The picture taking quest in Sora SC (紺碧の塔) is complete bullshit. Walking back from the dead center, I'm always aligned to the left. Move slightly to the right, and it's all the way to the right.

The real "solution" is to let Dorothy take it.

omgfloofy

Banned

The real "solution" is to let Dorothy take it.

What chaosblade says is correct. You don't have to turn the quest in right away- so you can wait until you get Dorothy to do it. It'll make it easier for you.

zakujanai

Yup. NISA as a physical and digital version scheduled for November 11th.

That's a relief to hear, thanks. I don't really ever touch my Vita any more but definitely still getting physical of both again.

Bad memories of the very first place I lost BP even though I thought I was being suoer thorough. If you aren't hours past this (as I was when I found out) follow the advice others have mentioned above.

Gu4n

Oh. Well, that was what I had been thinking, anyway. Are you saying it's explicitly deconfirmed as of CSII?
Cold Steel II endgame spoilers:
Altina tells Rean that she and Millium were "not born from a mother", meaning artificially created, in the Black Factory. Twelve of Thirteen Factories pre-date the Great Collapse, the thirteenth being the Doll Studio in Crossbell, meaning Millium and Altina were created through ancient Zemurian means.

I see how this could be similar to the work of the Cult, but that wouldn't line up chronologically. Altina has green eyes, also.

danthefan

So I'm playing TitS and I've had my progress totally halted by a boss in chapter 3,
Ritter road boss 2.
I've only two party members, it seems I'm under leveled and the game won't let me go anywhere else to grind, and I'm just getting stomped.

Is this a massive difficulty spike or what? Any tips?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Let Estelle act as support while Joshua attacks. Aerial is probably good since the boss enemy is weak to wind. If Flicker works in this fight that will probably help too, since the enemies will likely crowd around you a bit so you can delay multiple enemies.

danthefan

Let Estelle act as support while Joshua attacks. Aerial is probably good since the boss enemy is weak to wind. If Flicker works in this fight that will probably help too, since the enemies will likely crowd around you a bit so you can delay multiple enemies.

Still getting murdered. I'm going to grind out one level and if I can't do it then...

Is there a way to prevent attack delay? That's causing me trouble.

Finally beat the bastard after grinding out a level 6exp at a time. That was fun.

The XP curve is deliberately set up to discourage grinding. When you're not getting any experience, you are overleveled for your point in the story. There's always a way to fight smarter that will let you beat who you're asked to defeat.

zakujanai

Finally beat the bastard after grinding out a level 6exp at a time. That was fun.

If the experience was that low you were probably at a high enough level to start with. I never had to grind like that, I did only ever play on normal though so I'm not sure what difficulty you're on.

Nyoro SF

It's entirely possible I'm just crap at the game.

Is that the battle with the maneaters? That one gave me hell too, I had to reorganize my strategy twice before I came up with a winning strategy. It was pretty tough! But I like tough thinking battles in my RPGs so I didn't mind at all.

CamHostage

You're talking specifically about Trails of the Sky The 3rd, right, and not Cold Steel III or other LoH games? That one is PC only, for obvious but unfortunately reasons: producing a PSP/PS3 game in 2017 would be fruitless.

Cold Steel III though does not have a platform. There was talk via a poll that it'd abandon the portable and go full-on in platforms that could support it more aggressively, but no conclusions have been announced yet. (Also, you're probably aware but no Cold Steel has been released/announced for PC yet, which hopefully is more a matter of time than of plans.)

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
You're talking specifically about Trails of the Sky The 3rd, right, and not Cold Steel III or other LoH games? That one is PC only, for obvious but unfortunately reasons: producing a PSP/PS3 game in 2017 would be fruitless.

Cold Steel III though does not have a platform. There was talk via a poll that it'd abandon the portable and go full-on in platforms that could support it more aggressively, but no conclusions have been announced yet. (Also, you're probably aware but no Cold Steel has been released/announced for PC yet, which hopefully is more a matter of time than of plans.)

XSEED has two mystery SteamDB entries with very very close IDs, and they/Tom have very much implied that there would be more PC ports after LKS. I wouldn't be surprised of those are Cold Steel 1 and 2 ports, since those are two games that are blatantly obvious choices to put on PC since that's where the rest of the series will be.

Of course that's just speculation, those two entries could be literally anything.

epmode

XSEED has two mystery SteamDB entries with very very close IDs, and they/Tom have very much implied that there would be more PC ports after LKS. I wouldn't be surprised of those are Cold Steel 1 and 2 ports, since those are two games that are blatantly obvious choices to put on PC since that's where the rest of the series will be.

I'd rebuy Cold Steel so hard. I might even play it again too!

Nyoro SF

Hm, well, there is merit to such a theory. However those apps haven't been worked on in a while. Unless they're banking on very late ports of both games. Would rebuy.

It wouldn't be a bad move, to collect all the fans on a singular platform. If there's improved technicals and proper keyboard + mouse controls I would probably faint.

omgfloofy

Banned
Of course that's just speculation, those two entries could be literally anything.

As awesome as Sara is, I would imagine that XSEED would need to have gone through an outsourced company for this. If that kind of thing is going to happen, my own business sense would suggest that XSEED would wait to see how LKS works as a third party port that isn't done with them and Falcom.

As I keep pointing out, Falcom probably won't be involved in a PC port like this.

Goddamn. Seriously what's wrong with the people in youtube.

I was listening to the Silver will theme. One of the first comments was something like (huge CSII spoiler I suspect)
"Loewe and Crow are my favorite characters.
Why did they both have to die?"

Why the f*ck would you write that in a SC video?!

omgfloofy

Banned

Because people on the internet are assholes. Especially on youtube. If a Kiseki/Trails thread starts on 4chan, there's usually someone who shows up with a GIANT image of ALL of the big spoilers for every single game in the series.

Gu4n

Hmm, I just saw a Promo Video for Akatsuki no Kiseki. I guess it's finally happening? lol.
Finally. With the current possible party set-ups, I hope at least Remiferia's design will be canon.

Goddamn. Seriously what's wrong with the people in youtube.

I was listening to the Silver will theme. One of the first comments was something like
Wow, that's disgusting. Sorry to hear you got spoiled on that. The Internet is an absolute minefield for spoilers like that.

Bebpo

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG8gk6KR-cI

So this is there PC browser entry? I like that it mimics the look of the earlier Kiseki titles but with fully-polygonal chibi models instead of sprites, kind of looks like something that would be at home on 3DS. Can't really comment on anything else.

Still gonna be pretty bummed if there's any real important/meaty world lore that's done in the game. The less story there is and the more Ys v Kiseki type fanservice it is the better since I'm assuming it'll never make it to the west.

Gu4n

Still gonna be pretty bummed if there's any real important/meaty world lore that's done in the game. The less story there is and the more Ys v Kiseki type fanservice it is the better since I'm assuming it'll never make it to the west.
I'm planning to update the Kiseki Wiki as I play through the game. I'll write a summary of the story on the Akatsuki game page as well. Can't dump the scripts like with the regular games, so I'll have to process the information in one go.

Top Bottom