• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Man On Earth |OT| Alone Time With MacGruber - Sundays 9/8c

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm04

I really like that they can go a number of different ways next season. Pretty genius move, I thought.

xrnzaaas

Yep, after watching the last two eps and reading about the ideas for season 2 I've deleted this show from my watchlist for like the 100th time. I'm hoping that this time for good.

So i started this show friday and I really really enjoy it! It had me hooked and i really dont know what it is about the show, i mean the main characters are completely unlikeable xD I cant wait for the next season!

TripOpt55

I liked the finale. I always thought it was odd that Jason Sudeikis was in that picture with Phil in the pilot and never showed up in a flashback or otherwise. So that ending was pretty great. Pretty middling season overall though.

inm8num2

Awesome episode and finale. I felt really bad for Tandy when he bemoaned being thrown out of the town in which he grew up. Nice to see how he's come to care for Carol, and vice versa.

Thought it was a pretty decent finale but only because the last five minutes saved it. You had the heart warming moments with Carol when everyone else had abandoned original Phil and then the space station brother twist. It was devoid of laughs however. I barely smiled. Found previous episodes to be much funnier. I did however enjoy it overall because the producers had the balls to hit the reset button. Makes me excited for the potential of season two. It should have a fresh cast now which I think will revive the show somewhat.

Glad I stuck with the show though. It was an entertaining ride.

The marriage talk I kind of laughed at but the ending... I want his brother to show up in Tucson, obviously he's the smart one and whatever so at least some time spent on that before he goes searching for Phil could be gold.

sagat2036

The 1st couple of episodes i sat down and watched the show. After Todd show'd up i was doing something else with the show in the background. Now after Phil 2 i didnt care for it anymore. Wish Phil wasnt so unlikable.

Mugiwara

Neo Member
Overall I give the season a B- or C+. I think some things went on too long (the whole trying to get with Melissa plot), and some of the characters really underdeveloped but overall it was decent. I know I'm supposed to feel sorry for Tandy, but I really don't. But I guess that's the point with the ending. He's just as pathetic and sad as the first episode. Actually probably worse since he screwed everything up with the group.

Carol's line to him about the kind of guy she would want to be with was probably my favorite line of the episode. She really is the positive opposite to him.

Looking forward to where they take Season 2.

This show is the only show that could ever pull off a character being renamed to Tandy. It's so effortless, and so goddamn funny.

Wag

New Phil turned out to be an even bigger dick than Tandy, and that's saying something. lol

Great ending to a great series. Hope it goes on for a few more seasons at least.

Dalek

Terrific finale. I'm glad I stuck with the show during those few questionable episodes. Can't wait to see what happens next.

oktarb

Still think this show is a giant unguided misstep but I did laugh out load to the ending line "I have to tell you, I think you're making a big mistake." (or words similar)

I dont know why but I really hated the second Phil as soon as he came into the game. I mean he can do everything, but isnt even humble about that and enjoys getting praised for everything.

Some things I thought about the last episode:

Todd knew Phil 2 will do that to Phil 1, didnt he? I mean he looked at Phil 1 with guilt in his eyes just moments before he was tackled by Phil 2.

And while Phil 1 was a big asshole in almost every episode I felt bad for him and really started to despise Phil 2 even though he didnt really do anything wrong.

I dont know why but I really hated the second Phil as soon as he came into the game. I mean he can do everything, but isnt even humble about that and enjoys getting praised for everything.

Some things I thought about the last episode:

Todd knew Phil 2 will do that to Phil 1, didnt he? I mean he looked at Phil 1 with guilt in his eyes just moments before he was tackled by Phil 2.

And while Phil 1 was a big asshole in almost every episode I felt bad for him and really started to despise Phil 2 even though he didnt really do anything wrong.
Todd didn't even know he was getting left to die by original Phil. I doubt he read that far into the how others would react with him speaking out, he was just tired of being so spiteful of New Phil for the past couple episodes which isn't Todd's character at all.

Linius

Oh this was the finale? Well I liked the direction they took with this episode, gives me faith for a proper second season. Also fun to hear The Kinks for the credits song. The choice of music troughout the series has been pretty great so far.

mackattk

I actually liked the show from start to finish. There was some slow parts here and there, but I laughed in every episode. I guess I just like this type of humor. I don't understand what the hate with the show is about. Yeah, Tandy is an asshole, but seeing him dig himself deeper and deeper into situations is pretty entertaining. I ended up binge watching it, so maybe watching it in one set is a better viewing experience than spreading it out over the course of the season.

New Phil turned out to be an even bigger dick than Tandy, and that's saying something. lol

Great ending to a great series. Hope it goes on for a few more seasons at least.

I don't know man, Tandy has planned to kill two of the 7 known survivors of the apocalypse and has twice mislead people about the existence of others as well. That's a danger you can't really afford to keep around. Now, I think New Phil could have taken Tandy all the way to the next town instead of leaving him in the dessert, or even better, they should all have left Tandy alone in Tucson (Phil was absolutely right about it being the worst place to try and rebuild society), so that was kind of a dick move. But really, I can't fault the guy for just trying to keep everyone safe.

And I love this show and can't wait to see how Phil's
brother
figures into next season. Phil's downfall was a frustrating uncomfortable joy to behold. Bring on Season 2!

Akahige

Finished the last two episodes today, what spectacularly nutty show, like a less awkward The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret. Can't wait to see what Season 2 will bring.

Future

I thought the show was great overall. I liked the frequent twists and timing of the new characters coming in. I thought him being all over Melissa lasted a bit too long, but the do over episode brought back pacing I liked.

I do wish they spent more time exposing the flaws of the other characters. New Phil making all the women scheme for sex and Todd getting jealous was nice and satisfying to see after seeing phil get jacked at every turn. New Phil actually leaving someone behind with no car and tiny supplies was also cold blooded and flawed in its own way. Carol, the only character whose flaws were exposed in depth, having the heart to go back to Phil was a nice touch. And it's a relationship that will be interesting to see in the next season.

Good shit overall. Very unique show.

big ander

Finished the last two episodes today, what spectacularly nutty show, like a less awkward The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret. Can't wait to see what Season 2 will bring.

Friggin Todd
Haha yes, felt kinda like Poor Decisions but softened just a bit for the network audience. Exactly why I'll keep up with it for seasons, because even when the first season wasn't great it was at least attempting novelty in characterization.

jergrah

I loved the show from start to finish and can't wait for S2.

I would really love if Sudekis played the same exact character he did in Eastbound and Down

DarkFlow

Banned
Just finished the last episode. I really think I would have hit up Fort Huachuca and got a small arsenal and blown up NuPhil.

TheOddOne

It's that time again: pitch me some OT titles for the season 2 thread.

The Last Man On Earth S2 |OT| [Insert Phil being a dick] - Sundays 9/8c

I could've done without Carol too but she picked him up... Hopefully Phil is less of a dick.

How's Phil's brother going to make it back to Earth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom