• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us gets 24 Emmy nominations

VulcanRaven

Including Outstanding Drama Series, Outstanding Lead Actor and Actress In A Drama Series. Both Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey got nominated. Also Nick Offerman, Murray Bartlett and others got nominated for their roles. Deserved. I haven't watched the other shows so I don't know what kind of chances this has to win.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

This is a good thing, love or hate the show, it was a high quality production and shows if some effort is applied then games can do well in other formats.

willothedog

Including Outstanding Drama Series, Outstanding Lead Actor and Actress In A Drama Series. Both Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey got nominated. Also Nick Offerman, Murray Bartlett and others got nominated for their roles. Deserved. I haven't watched the other shows so I don't know what kind of chances this has to win.

'Actress'

yoo wen GIF

DKehoe

Hope they get some wins but Succession deserves to clean up

Half of the lead actor in a drama series nominations are for Succession. Which is kinda crazy but also deserved. I’d be happy with any of them winning that but I think Kieran Culkin was particularly good in that last season.

I liked it for doing what most other shows do not, they use the source material almost to the point of being 1 - 1 with the game, instead of butchering it with a whole new story/characters that made no sense and making a shit show that we are accustomed for game/books adaptations. I hope this trend keeps going and we have 1 - 1 shows.

I want my ff16 adaptation:

Gordon Ramsay Fox GIF by MasterChef Junior

Gp1

It's an ok show, but i can't really care with any of the secondary characters give that everyone dies with 30 min of screen time. Except the gay couple and maybe the brothers.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone who didn't played the games find the series average at the best.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I'm just grateful for all the unknown founders and board members making decisions on what's good.

I now feel validated and can ignore all my criticism. I'll sleep like a baby tonight surely!

Last edited:
I guess the real test will be the Golden Globes at the end of the year. Competition gets a lot stiffer by then. Watching the show just made me appreciate how well the game voice actors were. Best of luck to all involved.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Stiffer competition back then. Says more about what Hollywood has been pumping out now.

Obligatory,
"Druckmann can't keep getting away with this."
If TLOU was up against The Sopranos like The Wire was it wouldn't get shit.
It's up against Better Call Saul which has 50 nominations in six seasons. Probably the best show over the last 6 seasons. TLOU has already earned half the number of nominations in 1 season.

Sucession, Andor, House of Dragon and The Crown are all fantastic shows with way better production values, acting and story. I have no idea why some people think this is a weak year when Andor is probably the best star wars show/movie in 40 years and House of Dragon revived Game of Thrones from life support.

I think we all know why this show got that many nominations.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It's up against Better Call Saul which has 50 nominations in six seasons. Probably the best show over the last 6 seasons. TLOU has already earned half the number of nominations in 1 season.

Sucession, Andor, House of Dragon and The Crown are all fantastic shows with way better production values, acting and story. I have no idea why some people think this is a weak year when Andor is probably the best star wars show/movie in 40 years and House of Dragon revived Game of Thrones from life support.

I don't disagree.

VulcanRaven

General public seem to enjoy this show a lot more than people here think. Most who complain are gamers. Also I'm sure most of the Emmy voters haven't played the game.

Last edited:

Yoboman

Better Call Saul ended on it's worst season. It's got a few nomination nods, but won't be winning much if anything

Only Succession from your list is better than TLOU. It got sommany nominations because of incredible acting, direction and an all time great story that delivered something unforgettable both in the game and for new audiences on TV.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I stopped watching after that mushroom covered costume guy episode, where they again killed a character introduced in the start of the episode.
I thouhght it was silly, cause unlike the others who just came at the people to turn them, he actually murdered people. It prob makes sense in a game but not in a TV series, for me at least.

I also thought it was a cheap emotional cheat to kill off characters you just introduced.

Last edited:

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Better Call Saul ended on it's worst season. It's got a few nomination nods, but won't be winning much if anything

Only Succession from your list is better than TLOU. It got sommany nominations because of incredible acting, direction and an all time great story that delivered something unforgettable both in the game and for new audiences on TV.
I just started Succession yesterday. This is great to hear.

VulcanRaven

I stopped watching after that mushroom covered costume guy episode, where they again killed a character introduced in the start of the episode.
I thouhght it was silly, cause unlike the others who just came at the people to turn them, he actually murdered people. It prob makes sense in a game but not in a TV series, for me at least.

I also thought it was a cheap emotional cheat to kill off characters you just introduced.
That scene with the bloater is probably my least favorite part of the show. I hope you continue watching because episode 6 is great.

Yoboman

I just started Succession yesterday. This is great to hear.
One of the best shows HBO has done and definitely one of the best final seasons, whereas most shows struggle to stick the landing Succession is the rare show that gets better each season and concludes on a peak

gow3isben

It was just ok for me.

Felt far too rushed. I would have liked to have seen say a 6 episode season that just concentrated on the initial outbreak. They could have gotten 3-4 seasons out of the first game alone if they just expanded some stuff.

Appalling idea lol

Top Bottom