• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us gets 24 Emmy nominations

Hugare

Crazy overhyped

Can't think of one single thing they did better than the game, with the only exception being the development of Bill's character (to the detriment of the series pacing, tho)

Best series, for me, was House of the Dragon by a LOONG shot

killatopak

I don’t know if it’s because I’ve played the game first which is why I’m biased but I’m not like blown away by it like the Emmy. It’s definitely a good show though, that I admit.

It must have been a different experience with fresh eyes.

Eiknarf

Banned
Bella’s nom is catching heat:

It’s kind of silly to separate for gender in acting. It’s art! Theres no distinct advantage other than writing bias… maybe… Or better male roles written… maybe - but that’s already changed too

We already have male painters competing against female painters! A male screenwriter can compete against a female screenwriter etc etc

We have males competing against females in beauty pageants and males competing against females in sports, but we separate them for art?? Makes no sense

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Banned
she has a vagina, shes an actress

lets not unnecessarily complicate things over some silly agenda
Exactly my point

I’m just pointing out the hypocrisy of Hollywood- the same Hollywood who embraces this nonsense.

One minute Hollywood calls Bella a “they”, but now Bella is a “she”

Bella wore a binder all through filming TLOU just to purposely NOT be a “female” (even though binding your tits doesn’t make you NOT a girl). I’m just pointing out how ridiculous Hollywood and all this nonsense is

Born with female parts? You’re a girl

Born with male parts? You’re a dude

No third or seventh option.

(Shhhhh, don’t tell Hollywood)

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

Bella wore a binder all through filming TLOU just to purposely NOT be a “female” (even though binding your tits doesn’t make you NOT a girl). I’m just pointing out how ridiculous Hollywood and all this nonsense is
She wore it to look younger. She was 19 and she was playing 14 year old.

Eiknarf

Banned
I don't think there is any other reason. Small Part 2 spoiler:
Ellie is 19 in the sequel so they probably won't be doing it anymore.
I know, I know.

But I found this, the tweet that went viral, and now wonder why the binder was mentioned

VulcanRaven

What? Her acting skills amount to yelling and talking loudly. No emotion, no depth. Reminds me of kids school plays.
I couldn't disagree with you more. She had a lot of emotion and depth. I liked that she was very expressive and you could really tell what she was feeling in each scene. Many criticized her when she was cast but it switched to mostly positive comments after the series aired.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Bella’s nom is catching heat:

It’s kind of silly to separate for gender in acting. It’s art! Theres no distinct advantage other than writing bias… maybe… Or better male roles written… maybe - but that’s already changed too

We already have male painters competing against female painters! A male screenwriter can compete against a female screenwriter etc etc

We have males competing against females in beauty pageants and males competing against females in sports, but we separate them for art?? Makes no sense
we do this because almost all the good parts are still written for men. women will almost never win acting awards if these acting awards werent segregated

Best director, best writer, best cinematographer, best editor awards are not segregated by gender.

this is just to ensure that we can have hot chicks show up award shows and get some awards.

VulcanRaven

This gets released on 4K/Blu-Ray on Monday. I pre-ordered the standard version because I like that cover more than steebook.

Last edited:
Nice, well deserved all around. Bella was extraordinary and it's no coincidence that people who hated her performance also just happen to be the type who are constantly obsessively paranoid about "wokeness."

Last edited:
Top Bottom