• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Part II - PGW17 Trailer

Sebmugi

AMAZING oO can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!

L25pPtA.gif

RytGear

Holy shit that looked incredible. Kinda felt the female antagonist was played in a slightly melodramatic way though.

I saw the pony tail and honestly thought it was another Tomb Raider... I was excited enough for that, but then I heard the clickers and had a mini-stroke. It's such a beautiful fucking game, man..

prag16

Banned
Guys. Seriously. Ellie was not in this trailer. (but take a chill pill, Cheat Code)

Looks great though. 2018?
(2019.. maybe)

Why are you yelling? Who hurt you?

On topic, the realistic look is weird especially after playing the last one remastered recently.

Literally every mongoloid who is outright stupid enough to think a character with a different voice, different body type, lack of tattoo and lack of infection scar is Ellie.

How do these people leave the house when they probably look at their bedroom door and think it's painted on.

It was obvious right away that the bulk woman wasn't Ellie. Ellie had a tattoo on her arm, this woman doesn't. Damn, what a reveal! But seriously, if they showed TLOU2 at PGW, what do they have saved for PSX in Dec? Hmm...

Venuspower

Is the boy screaming "Tara" or "Sarah" at 3:23?

Also interesting: When the clickers are running I think we can hear a scream of a girl.

P.S. Maybe Sarah survived? :D

mortal

Gold Member
Looks brutal. The small details and nuances are wonderful.

The wetness in their clothing, Ellie's ( if that IS in fact, Ellie) chin folding when she was hanging, the vein running down her forehead from the pressure, the blood soaking up into the fabric among other things.

Cramoss

ITS NOT ELLIE YOU FUCKING MORONS

ELLIE HAS A TATTOO

HOW CAN PEOPLE BE THAT FUCKING UNOBSERVANT

Literally every mongoloid who is outright stupid enough to think a character with a different voice, different body type, lack of tattoo and lack of infection scar is Ellie.

How do these people leave the house when they probably look at their bedroom door and think it's painted on.

nV2ML5A.gif

Deviousx

I found it kinda funny some people were confused as to what game this was. You could tell right from the camera work and facial animations that it was a Naughty Dog title.

With that said, it looks amazing.

xion4360

Jesus looking at it closely.. this really does look incredible..Ive never seen people represented this realistically in a game ever, even pre-rendered. the skin look and behavior is...wow.

RytGear

Anyone think that could be Ellie's mother in a flashback or something? Looks very similar to Ellie but clearly isn't from the lack of tattoo. ND might have been hinting with that focused shot on the woman's stomach?

ClumpSoul

Neo Member
Twitch chat was so confused they though this was a new Tomb Raider game lol.

I wonder what role these characters play in the story, their seems to be some kinda cult? The Fireflies went extreme? The "clip her wings" part was curious.

Venuspower

Anyone think that could be Ellie's mother in a flashback or something? Looks very similar to Ellie but clearly isn't from the lack of tattoo. ND might have been hinting with that focused shot on the woman's stomach?

When they focused on her stomach I though the same.
But I am not sure.

Edit: Playstation posted that on Twitter:
"Fresh faces enter Joel and Ellie's life in a new in-game cutscene from The Last of Us Part II, direct from Paris Games Week."

xion4360

Hints by Neil suggests these are characters related to Joel and Ellies story and he even specifically said "when" this may take place is up for fans to ponder...she resembles Ellie so im going with this being her mother..a flashback sequence.

Venuspower

At least we know that it is not Joels arm on the recently released poster.

mB9Cbab.jpg

Comparing these two pictures now with the new information we got can be really interesting.

Bramble

Jesus Christ how can people seriously think that's Ellie? She doesn't even remotely look like her.

It did even cross my mind that was Ellie until I came here.

Top Bottom