• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The last of us PC has sold 368000 copies

Bartski

Gold Member
Awkward The Last Of Us GIF by PlayStation

last-of-us-pc-397d.jpg

Braag

That's better than I expected considering the absolute dog shit performance at launch, the asking price for such a port and that it got released almost a year after PS5.

Comandr

7IJoEX8.jpg

Shit. I had no idea the sales were that good especially after the rocky start. Good for them. I don’t know if this will encourage them to do better with releases or just acknowledge that the initial quality doesn’t matter if your property is big enough. 😰

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Wow great sales, Sony is commit to release more PC port in the future...in a shitty state

HTK

Banned
I honestly don't find the sales of either games to be impressive on PC. It's still worth porting PlayStation games to PC but for sure PlayStation Platform is the meat and potatoes. This is like some extra profit at reasonable investment that has a lot of potential to grow over time as PS sinks it's teeth into PC.

Nautilus

Banned
The complete butchery of the PC port, coupled with the (probably) permanent damage that TLOU 2 did to the franchise led to these bad numbers.

The show did wonders to the franchise for a couple of months, but Sony can't be too happy about this. I feel like the resources spent on this useless remake could be better spent elsewhere.

Nautilus

Banned
An additional 15 Million for a game that released a decade ago?

Naughty Dog's HR lady right now like

giphy.gif
And how much did this Remake, and the PC port in particular, cost?

Those 15 million is revenue, not cost(And remember that Sony, on Steam, needs to pay the 30% cut that Steam gets)

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

Those 15 million is revenue, not cost(And remember that Sony, on Steam, needs to pay the 30% cut that Steam gets)
I have no idea but it seems like Sony is happy, so all good! And judging by their projection, it's just the beginning.
Can't wait to play R&C Rift Appart, HFW, Spider Man 2 and more on my 4090.

Jrecard

Picked up tlou and played through it last week so I’m doing my part. Actually played pretty well for me with only a couple of loading stutters. I questioned the need for a remake at all after playing the ps4 remaster but it does look glorious on my ultra wide oled.

Hopefully the porting improves as time goes on (they do own nixxes after all) and they can shake off the negative sentiment at launch. They have a strong future in pc sales even when releasing games well after they have served their purpose for bringing people to the PlayStation ecosystem.

Bring us ghost of Tsushima please. Easy money.

Mr.Phoenix

The complete butchery of the PC port, coupled with the (probably) permanent damage that TLOU 2 did to the franchise led to these bad numbers.

The show did wonders to the franchise for a couple of months, but Sony can't be too happy about this. I feel like the resources spent on this useless remake could be better spent elsewhere.
The franchise, before its release on PC, has sold 37M copies as of Jan 2023. Tlou2 is currently tracking over 13M in sales, and unlike part 1, it wasn't remastered, bunded, and remade (basically part 1 has had three re-launches). These are not bad numbers, the franchise is doing just fine.

You would be shocked at how much better you would come across if you posted based on facts and not on how you feel.

BlackTron

That's...........not how any competent business operates.

Just saying, everyone knows day one PS experience is better than day 30 PC, and that's once it finally comes out on PC. And that's okay with them because they sell Playstations. They toss it out there for extra revenue and to lure you into the next game on PS. Not to make PS look shitty compared to PC. I'm not validating or excusing it, I just think there is some element to this beyond simple incompetence to do the port well. I think they could fix it if they want, but, they don't want to.

I'll wait for some more patches and for it to drop to <£10

If I ever get a PS5 then I won't buy it at all on PC because I already own it on PS4 and it's not like I buy a console for graphics or performance so if I really want to replay it I'll just play the PS4 version.

Last edited:

Pelta88

You seem kinda upset by mere numbers? So much so that I decided to check your receipts and yep, as I suspected, you have a long history of TLOU hatred in your heart. A few examples...

1. False claims and accusations of rigged TLOU reviews.
TLOU 2 is one of the most hated games in history, by fans and youtube reviewers that are not beheld on giving out good scores just so they are not blacklisted.

2. The most recognized and popular game dev studio within and now, outside of gaming, "sabotaged themselves."
Santa Monica didn't need to do a thing. Naughty Dog sabotaged themselves with TLOU 2. Santa Monica is Sony's best studio(currently) because of only that.

3. Downplaying TLOU sales
TLOU 1 Remake completely vanished. What a success lol.

Lets see if the show will move units for the game.

Every time TLOU reaches a new milestone. Nautilus Nautilus be like

TgH12K.gif

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
The franchise, before its release on PC, has sold 37M copies as of Jan 2023. Tlou2 is currently tracking over 13M in sales, and unlike part 1, it wasn't remastered, bunded, and remade (basically part 1 has had three re-launches). These are not bad numbers, the franchise is doing just fine.

You would be shocked at how much better you would come across if you posted based on facts and not on how you feel.
But I do come across really well, as TLOU 2 sales are indeed far inferior than the first game, just by looking at the facts alone (First game is at 24 million units by your own calculations, even if it has a few years in its advantage - Its not like TLOU 2 will acelerate its sales) and the game is universally seen as inferior in most regards, especially the story, compared to the first game. And at least half of the fans hate the second game, which surely impacted the franchise ability to pull back people for future installments.

Nautilus

Banned
You seem kinda upset by mere numbers? So much so that I decided to check your receipts and yep, as I suspected, you have a long history of TLOU hatred in your heart. A few examples

1. False claims and accusations of rigged TLOU reviews.

2. The most recognized and popular game dev studio within and now, outdie of gaming "sabotaged themselves."

3. Downplaying sales

Every time TLOU reaches a new milestone. Haters be like

TgH12K.gif
And instead of giving counter arguments, you choose to attack my own person. Great way to start a conversation, and great demonstration of your maturity.

And sure, Sony must be really proud of that milestone one of, if not THE, marquee franchise of theirs got, on a platform that was supposedly full of potential new fans.

Mr.Phoenix

But I do come across really well, as TLOU 2 sales are indeed far inferior than the first game, just by looking at the facts alone (First game is at 24 million units by your own calculations, even if it has a few years in its advantage - Its not like TLOU 2 will acelerate its sales) and the game is universally seen as inferior in most regards, especially the story, compared to the first game. And at least half of the fans hate the second game, which surely impacted the franchise ability to pull back people for future installments.
Are you serious?

The first game was released in 2013. Had a remaster. Was bundled with the PS4. Had a remake on the PS5 and now it's on the PC. It doesn't just have some years on Tlou2 which was released in 2020, less than 3 years ago, it has almost a decade on it and 3 re-rereleases.And that's not even mentioning the fact that the second game completely axed the MP mode.

There is no world where selling 13M+ in 2 years is poor. Especially considering how controversial the game is.

You know what confirmation bias means right?

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
This is why you shouldn’t release a broken game.

Hopefully Naughty Dog learned a lot with TLoU to avoid these issues with future ports.

Last edited:

drezz

A
That's better than I expected considering the absolute dog shit performance at launch, the asking price for such a port and that it got released almost a year after PS5.
And with no Multiplayer!

I've got 1k on it... Best MP game on PS3 IMHO... almost PS4(Remaster™) as well.

Just saying, everyone knows day one PS experience is better than day 30 PC, and that's once it finally comes out on PC. And that's okay with them because they sell Playstations. They toss it out there for extra revenue and to lure you into the next game on PS. Not to make PS look shitty compared to PC. I'm not validating or excusing it, I just think there is some element to this beyond simple incompetence to do the port well. I think they could fix it if they want, but, they don't want to.
Yes, everybody now has come to understand that Sony devs are incompetent at developing games for PC, and they should wait to spend money until it gets fixed.

That is not a good reputation to have.

Nautilus

Banned
Are you serious?

The first game was released in 2013. Had a remaster. Was bundled with the PS4. Had a remake on the PS5 and now it's on the PC. It doesn't just have some years on Tlou2 which was released in 2020, less than 3 years ago, it has almost a decade on it and 3 re-rereleases.And that's not even mentioning the fact that the second game completely axed the MP mode.

There is no world that seeing 13M+ in 2 years is poor. Especially considering how controversial the game is.

You know what confirmation bias means right?
First thing: TLOU 2 released 3 years ago, not 2.

Second, never said these sales were poor. Just said they were far inferior compared to the first game. 13 million is still an excellent number compared to most games. You said that the first game had several SKIs: And that's true. But the second game came on the heels of a game many consider the best game of all time - Something that the first game never had benefited from and was certainly a big boon for its initial sales.

Its ok to admit when your favorite company screwed up. The sales of TLOU remake so far has proven it(Even if its still selling ok to good compared to a normal game). Admitting its mistakes makes these companies grow and become better.

Top Bottom