• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Remnant NA website updated.

Volcynika

I linked to a Square-Enix blog post in another thread (http://member.square-enix.com/na/blog/2008/09/the-last-remnant-and-chrono-tr.php) and they have updated The Last Remnant North American website with some videos, story, and character information (as far as I know, it used to be just the E3 trailer).

Now they have all that info, and three trailers: E3 trailer, 2007 trailer, and 2008 trailer. The 2008 trailer in English is new to me, though it's probably pretty old for most everyone else, but if you missed it, head over here:

http://na.square-enix.com/remnant/landing.html

2008 Trailer with English VA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vca5cezYm5k

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Johnny Young Bosch strikes again! :lol

mess game confirmed, push back to 2009 and replace with meowing cat

h3ro

Does this game have an overworld/town exploration element or is everything shown via video with the only gameplay taking place in battle screens ala Tactics?

glaurung

Is it just me or are those some of the worst voice actors... At least half of those guys sound like they're 10 years too young for the characters.

Otherwise: great art direction, a bit more mature than IU and WKS, but remains to be seen.

There was some kind of a developer interview up on XBL news as well.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Who is Johnny Young Bosch?

EDIT: I tried to say I couldn't harness the power of the remnants just to see what would happen :lol

Volcynika

thetrin said:
Who is Johnny Young Bosch?

EDIT: I tried to say I couldn't harness the power of the remnants just to see what would happen :lol

According to his wiki:

* .hack//G.U. Vol.1//Rebirth - Kuhn (as Johnny Bosch)
* .hack//G.U. Vol.2//Reminisce - Kuhn
* .hack//G.U. Vol.3//Redemption - Kuhn
* Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War - Hans Grimm (uncredited)
* Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War - Patrick James "PJ" Beckett (uncredited)
* Baten Kaitos Origins - Ven
* Bleach: The Blade of Fate - Ichigo Kurosaki, Hollow
* Bleach: Shattered Blade - Ichigo Kurosaki
* Devil May Cry 4 - Nero (motion capture and voice) (as Johnny Bosch)
* Dirge of Cerberus -Final Fantasy VII- - Various WRO Soldiers, Incidental Characters
* Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Almaz von Armadin Adamant
* Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" - Wood elf class, additional voices
* Eternal Sonata - Fugue
* Galerians: Ash - Rion Steiner, Pat (older)
* Grandia III - Yuki (uncredited)
* Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3 - Genma
* The Sword of Etheria(OZ) - Fiel
* Project Sylpheed - Yoji Kashiwazaki (uncredited)
* Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles - additional voices (uncredited)
* Star Ocean: Till the End of Time - Richard Traydor (uncredited)
* Summon Night Twin Age- Aldo
* Tales of the Abyss - Guy Cecil (uncredited)
* Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Emil Castagnier
* The Last Remnant - Rush Sykes
* Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria - Kraad, Roland, Seluvia, Xehnon, and Masato (uncredited)
* Warriors Orochi - Sanada Yukimura (uncredited)
* Wild Arms 4 - Kresnik (uncredited)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Volcynika said:
According to his wiki:

Huh. How do people know his name? He seems so obscure and crappy.

Aeana said:
He has the most annoying voice, ever.

He was also Adam in Power Rangers.

Which color was Adam?

Volcynika

thetrin said:
Huh. How do people know his name? He seems so obscure and crappy.

Lately, it's like him, Steven Blum, Yuri Lowenthal, and a handful of other voice actors are seen in a LOT of games and such lately.

Kyoufu

I don't get the hate, I think he is pretty good in a line of work where most are without talent. He did Nero pretty well in DMC4.

*shrug*

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Tara Strong also does voice work in many games, I wonder if she`ll be on LR. She`s pretty good, though.

thetrin said:
Which color was Adam?
Black.

29gfk8x.jpg

Fuu

vareon said:
Dude he's the second Black Power Ranger! :|
Completely OT, but this reminded me of that silly controversy. The first Black Ranger was a black dude, while the yellow one was an asian. Then to counter the racism commentaries that were born from that, the second team inverted it by having someone of Asian descent being the Black Ranger and an African descendant doing the Yellow Ranger.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Volcynika said:
Lately, it's like him, Steven Blum, Yuri Lowenthal, and a handful of other voice actors are seen in a LOT of games and such lately.

Just got off Company of Heroes. He is the sergeants voice isnt he?

thetrin

vareon said:
Dude he's the second Black Power Ranger! :|

There was a second black ranger?

vareon

thetrin said:
There was a second black ranger?

In the second season, where they changed almost all the main cast because of what Alaluef said, I believe.

Nevertheless I liked the guy's voice as Nero. I see no problem here, he did a lot of voice acting before now.

I was actually surprised that he was the voice of Lelouch in Code Geass though :lol

Aeana

vareon said:
In the second season, where they changed almost all the main cast because of what Alaluef said, I believe.

Nevertheless I liked the guy's voice as Nero. I see no problem here, he did a lot of voice acting before now.

I was actually surprised that he was the voice of Lelouch in Code Geass though :lol

There's no problem if you don't mind his voice. I didn't mean to turn this thread into what it's become. :\ His acting is fine, I just don't like the sound of his voice.

did they ditch the choose your hero angle for this game? cuz i want to play as the conqueror and not some punk named rush sykes.

Zoe

WickedLaharl said:
did they ditch the choose your hero angle for this game? cuz i want to play as the conqueror and not some punk named rush sykes.

I thought the old guy was always the antagonist while the young guy was the lead.

Kyoufu

Zoe said:
I thought the old guy was always the antagonist while the young guy was the lead.

No the plan was to have a worldwide simultaneous release with two characters that would appeal to Eastern and Western players. I guess they scrapped that? :x

Danielsan

I don't get the hate. I thought he was fine as Nero in Devil May Cry 4. Of course taking in account the script he had to work with.

Zoe

Danielsan said:
I don't get the hate. I thought he was fine as Nero in Devil May Cry 4. Of course taking in account the script he had to work with.

A lot of hate comes from him being in way too many lead roles with little variation between them. You already get to hear him back-to-back on Adult Swim, just imagine all the hate if they started showing Trigun again as well.

Danielsan

Zoe said:
A lot of hate comes from him being in way too many lead roles with little variation between them. You already get to hear him back-to-back on Adult Swim, just imagine all the hate if they started showing Trigun again as well.
Good thing I don't watch Adult Swim. ;)

Nolan.

Kyoufu said:
No the plan was to have a worldwide simultaneous release with two characters that would appeal to Eastern and Western players. I guess they scrapped that? :x

Which makes me wonder just how good the plot can be if it's that easily solvable to have the character just skip in/out like that.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I don't see what's wrong with Johnny Young Bosch. At least he's good at changing up his voice to fight different roles

Askia47

soooo what do guys think of the game? XD. It looks pretty good but, they still havent shown alot of gameplay.

Fuu

Askia47 said:
soooo what do guys think of the game? XD. It looks pretty good but, they still havent shown alot of gameplay.
I think it has potential but I`m far from enamored by it. If they follow the main characters scheme mentioned here it could be cool. Not sure what to think of the gameplay systems yet since we`ve seen so little of it.

It will also be interesting to see how SE fares dealing with UE3 + multiplatform release including PC.

Volcynika said:
There's not much anime being recorded on the West coast these days since Geneon when tits up, so they've got plenty of time in their calendars free to record video games.

I'm not thrilled with JYB's trademark delivery being used in Remnant, but he's got plenty of range and acting chops to back it up. It seems to suit the character (based on the cheese oozing from Square Enix's trailers) even though we've heard this delivery countless times before.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Askia47 said:

I don't think it'll do too well. It's never been playable to the public and it's coming out in a couple months...

Fuu

Kagari said:
I don't think it'll do too well. It's never been playable to the public and it's coming out in a couple months...
But what do you think about the game itself besides the sales aspect?

Dabanton

Kagari said:

And you forgot to add that it's on 360 right Kagari!?

rolleyes.gif

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Dabanton said:
And you forgot to add that it's on 360 right Kagari!?

rolleyes.gif

No, I'm talking about how there really hasn't been much media behind it and Unreal Engine 3... ugh.
The main thing being why no one's been able to demo it.

Andrew J.

Volcynika said:

Lately? Bosch, along with Blum and Crispin Freeman, have been the most popular game/anime voice actors since around the beginning of the decade. Lowenthal only really took off after Naruto, but even that was years ago.

Top Bottom