• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story (Wii, Mistwalker x Nintendo) Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds interesting I'll be sure to look out for this one. Going off what he wrote in his blogs I can assume this will be something worthwhile

What lovely music. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this. I hope we get Smash Dojo style translations of the stuff they put up on the Japanese site!

EDIT - I might be remembering this wrong, but is this the game that was said to have been in his head since Final Fantasy VII?

duckroll

I should be doing hw said:
So this and Xenoblade are getting released this year? Where has this info come from, I can't read Japanese :/

The official site? Nintendo's financial report conference today? Pick one!

Anso said:
I like Mistwalker because I'm a blind, raging, screaming fanboy. I'll buy it.

Last time Sakaguchi started a game like this on a Nintendo system, it became a series of 13 games. And in 30 years our kids will go crazy about the remake of Last Story VII. Believe.

duckroll

brotkasten said:
Last time Sakaguchi started a game like this on a Nintendo system, it became a series of 13 games. And in 30 years our kids will go crazy about the remake of Last Story VII. Believe.

I thought the last time 3 times Sakaguchi released a game on a Nintendo system, they all bombed terribly.

duckroll said:
I thought the last time 3 times Sakaguchi released a game on a Nintendo system, they all bombed terribly.

Right, just like the Squaresoft games before Final Fantasy. As you can see, everything is going according to keikaku.

squall211

I don't own a Wii, and I think this is awesome news. The Wii needs some RPG lovin', and it needs to convince me to fork over cash to buy one. With this + the Xenoblade announcement, I may give in and purchase one this year.

HA HA HA HA :lol So it's The Last Story VS Final Fantasy and both were made by Sakaguchi :lol

Even the logo looks Final Fantasy esc and the music will no doubt be done by Nobou Uematsu as well.

I hope it's his return to glory, maybe if Nintendo got involved in the game's production somehow...

GDGF

Soothsayer
They should have called it The Last Legend.

I miss the alliteration:lol

Fucking thrilled, though. Can't wait to see more. Today is Nintendo day on GAF.

krea

Banned
mistwalker meh...

blue dragon was boring
lost odyssey was average
away shuffle dungeon was bad

is that the "they work exclusive for nintendo"-hypebonus?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
i love that the emblem is so final fantasy as well.

krea said:
mistwalker meh...

blue dragon was boring
lost odyssey was average
away shuffle dungeon was bad

is that the "they work exclusive for nintendo"-hypebonus?

It's the "it's from the creator of final fantasy, bitch!"-bonus. Oh, and the "this is our R&D project we've been working on since FF7, bitch!"-hypebonus.

Diablos54

duckroll said:
Is that her hair turning into a.... hand?
:lol :lol I never noticed that before, surely it can't be a mistake? It looks like it's going to grab the hilt of the sword. Maybe all the characters have some sort of magical hair power? :D

Hobbun

As this is for the Wii, we might get some kind of Wii Motion+ battle system. But really, as it is coming from Mistwalker, I am crossing my fingers it is just going to be good old traditional turn-based combat.

Mael

Wait what?
I guess they're making plenty of collaborations these days...
Now to have info on Ishii's project (Line something?)

duckroll

krea, I suggest you take your negative bullshit elsewhere. If you're not interested, you don't have to post on this thread.

Mael

duckroll said:
krea, I suggest you take your negative bullshit elsewhere. If you're not interested, you don't have to post on this thread.

Actually he was being positive since the real FF is what it is.
We DO really need another FF

Broman1978

wtf!? I was hoping for Lost Odyssey 2!!!
Well can you blame Mistwalker ? Wii is über-popular in Japan and I think Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon did not sell as much as Mistwalker would have want. And after Microsoft jumped in bed with Square-Enix I think Sakaguchi maybe felt a bit left behind in terms of support from Microsoft... For Sakaguchi, I really hope this will sell and be a great title!

brotkasten said:
It's the "it's from the creator of final fantasy, bitch!"-bonus. Oh, and the "this is our R&D project we've been working on since FF7, bitch!"-hypebonus.

They haven't been working on shit. It might have been an idea thats kicking around in the back of his head, but its only just become a real production recently.

I'm disappointed that a reveal didn't have anything beyond a logo and website music, but thats the way Nintendo wanted to play it with these announcements I guess :/ Hope it turns out a lot better than his previous Mistwalker stuff has. Wonder who's developing it?

duckroll

SecretBonusPoint said:
Wonder who's developing it?

This is a very good point. Unlike Team Ninja on Other M and Monolithsoft on Xenoblade, Mistwalker is not actually a developer. This seems like a much bigger deal than ASH, so hopefully Nintendo has paired Mistwalker with a developer which isn't C-grade...

Mael

duckroll said:
This is a very good point. Unlike Team Ninja on Other M and Monolithsoft on Xenoblade, Mistwalker is not actually a developer. This seems like a much bigger deal than ASH, so hopefully Nintendo has paired Mistwalker with a developer which isn't C-grade...

How about SPD something something or another internal team?
Would be highly unusual but still, maybe HAL or IS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom