• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The latest Middle Earth Shadow of War trailer captures the true spirit of Tolkien

Warner Bros isn't exactly doing themselves any favors when it comes to their dealings with the Tolkien Estate. Getting rights to The Silmarillion/Children of Hurin was already going to be a tough one but this?

LurkingFear

For someone who cherishes Middle Earth, watching that was incredibly depressing for me.

I was disgusted on multiple levels. Just canceled my order. Doubtful ill even pick it up at this point, considering the complete butchery of lore, among other things.

Newlove

I was disgusted on multiple levels. Just canceled my order. Doubtful ill even pick it up at this point, considering the complete butchery of lore, among other things.

Is this reaction not a bit overboard for a minute long promo trailer, among many, on one tribe in the game? It's just interesting to me that this is the tipping point.

What happens in this trailer? I'm at work

Rap car music is used, that is the line that should never be crossed. I'll tolerate Shelod being a hot spider chick, but rap car music in a trailer?!? They have to publicly apologize and fire whoever was responsible for that trailer!

Rap car music…the audacity

Is this reaction not a bit overboard for a minute long promo trailer, among many, on one tribe in the game? It's just interesting to me that this is the tipping point.

These Tolkien fans coming out of the wood work to complain how Shadow of War is ruining their lore and crap is hilariously dumb.

The first game was about a human merging with a wraith and then becoming the most powerful orc murderer in all the land. It was just trash fan fiction that shat all over Lord of the Rings. I cannot possibly see how Shadow of War crosses a line, the first game already did that.

Top Bottom