• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Kai no Kiseki – Farewell, O Zemuria launches September 26 in Japan for PS5, PS4

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I really hope a lot of secrets will be revealed. I'm especially interested in the whole Outside and I think it would be cool if we finally get to go to Gehenna.

Also want to know what the deal is with Stigmas.

Darkmakaimura

are we 4 games behind Japan now?
I believe so but the series is almost over but whatever happened to the Sept-Terrions? Wind, Water and Time hasn't shown up yet as far as I know and I have no idea what the story is now. At least this new game is supposed to answer some of the mysteries.

I love this series but it's becoming very convoluted. I guess it always was.

Mister Wolf

are we 4 games behind Japan now?

No, we are three games behind if you count this upcoming game. Will be two games when this releases in English on 7/5:

Trails_through_Daybreak_artwork.jpg

Last edited:
Following its announcement in Weekly Famitsu, Falcom has officially announced that The Legend of Heroes: Kai no Kiseki – Farewell, O Zemuria will launch for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 on September 26 in Japan, as well as released a one-minute web commercial, an overview of the limited edition, and new information and screenshots on the game’s characters and locations.

Here is the web commercial:

Even more deets:

■ Release Date and Platforms

The Legend of Heroes: Kai no Kiseki – Farewell, O Zemuria will launch for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 on September 26, 20024 in Japan for 8,000 yen (8,800 yen with tax).

■ Limited Edition

The Legend of Heroes: Kai no Kiseki – Farewell, O Zemuria Limited Edition is priced at 10,500 yen (11,550 yen with tax) and includes a number of special items you will not be able to find elsewhere, all packaged inside a special case.

• The Game – A copy of The Legend of Heroes: Kai no Kiseki – Farewell, O Zemuria for PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 4
  • The Legend of Heroes: Kai no Kiseki – Farewell, O Zemuria Original Soundtrack mini – A limited edition soundtrack that includes a selection of memorable songs from the game.
  • Kiseki 20th” Metallic Card Collection 2004 to 2024 – A metal card with a beautiful visual to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the Trails (Kiseki) series. This is being included as a highly limited collector’s item.
  • Kiseki 20th Anniversary” Memorial Pin – A memorial pin themed after the Trails (Kiseki) series’ 20th anniversary logo. This includes a card with a serial number.

• Downloadable Content “Zemuria Background Music Collection” – A special selection of background music featuring tracks from throughout the Trails series—from The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky through The Legend of Heroes: Trails Through Daybreak. These tracks can be swapped as the background music for some parts of the game.

■ First-Print / Pre-Order Bonus

First-print and pre-order copies of The Legend of Heroes: Kai no Kiseki – Farewell, O Zemuria will include costume download content for Rean Schwarzer, which allows players to change him into his Thors Military Academy Branch Campus instructor uniform.

(This pre-order bonus applies to both physical and digital copies.)

■ Characters

Feri Al-Fayed
(voiced by Yui Ogura)

“Space…!? Can humans really go to such a place!?”

A young bracer who has been trained in the ways of the Khurga Warriors Clan, a high-ranked and traditional bracer group, from a young age. Her actual name is Ferrida.

She started working at Van’s Arkride Solutions when an incident involving a rival bracer group occurred, and now she also attends a Sunday school operated by Middle-Eastern temple groups.

When the incident of early 1209 occurred in the Republic capital, she was manipulated into seeing Van as an enemy, but she managed to overcome it. She seems to have grown even more, becoming 14 years old, or the age of maturity in Khurga.

Aaron Wei (voiced by Yuma Uchida)

“I won’t be tied by my past or present. I will walk my own path.”

A playboy infamous within the Republic’s Eastern Quarter. He’s the leader of the hot-headed group of youngsters.

He is trained in the Gekka style swordsmanship and martial arts, but also takes on female roles when performing in Eastern theater. With his free-spirited ways, he is often called “the Prodigy of Langport” or “the Little Conqueror of Luozhou.”

He almost had his soul taken over due to his nature of being a reincarnation of Taikun, a demonic man who rules over the Eastern Quarter, but managed to regain self-control. He is currently living under the roof of Arkride Solutions in order to reevaluate himself and Heiyue, the syndicate who tried to use him.

Risette Twinings (voiced by Yui Ishikawa)

“That is my pride as a service concierge—but above that, that is my pride as an employee.”

A service concierge from Marduk Total Security Company, whose cool looks and soft demeanor stand out.

Despite her neat and tidy appearance, she has extraordinary fighting skills, and when pit against them, is able to hold her own against even the prodigy Aaron and the bracer Feri.

After a series of incidents involving Genesis, she has been assigned to Arkride Solutions. She supports Van and the other members of the office in a wide range of tasks with her service concierge skills.

She actually lost most of her actual body in a certain incident in the past, and now uses Marduk prosthetics to replace them.

Quatre Salision (voiced by Mutsumi Tamura)

“I’m sure Yang and Esmeray can take action now, so I’m just going to do things my way—the Arkride Solutions way.”

A masters student at the Republic’s Basel Institute of Science, as well as a young researcher involved in a project at general technology manufacturer Verne Company.

He was born into an unusual environment, but was taken under the wing of Professor Hamilton at a very young age, who he often considers to be like his grandmother, and began his walk on the path of becoming a researcher.

He joined Arkride Solutions after the techno-crisis that occurred in the Republic. He supports the group with his technical skills and strives every day to achieve Professor Hamiltion’s ideals to use “use technology for the greater good.”

Judith Lanster (voiced by Youko Hikasa)

“Reveal the darkness, and defeat the evil—I’ll show you what Grimcat the Phantom Thief is all about!”

A top actress in the orbal cinema world, captivating audiences with her natural talent and unrelenting effort.

She has a strong sense of justice to oppose any evil head-on, but often makes mistakes due to her clumsiness.

She has a healthy rivalry with younger fellow actress Nina, but also a relationship of trust as strong friends.

While she leads the glamorous life of an actress, she also acts as Grimcat the Phantom Thief, a moniker she inherited from her grandmother. She often targets corrupt corporations and politicians.

■ Settings / Keywords

Anchorville

A countryside city located between the old capital Oracion and the current capital of Calvard, Edith. It acts as a trading hub between the two cities and many major companies have branches here. While it lacks any major spectacles, it has a reputation for being a calm and comfortable city to live in amongst citizens of the Republic.

La Nuit de Chat Noir

An Anchorville cafe and bakery owned by the Lanster family. It is currently managed by Chloe, the mother of movie actress Judith and former generation of Grimcat. Despite being run by an former superstar artist, it is close with its customers and has a reputation among locals as a relaxing hangout spot.

Anchorville General Hospital

A large hospital in Anchorville. It is equipped with the latest in cutting-edge medical equipment, so quite a few people come a long way for treatments and examinations

Source - Gematsu

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt You might be interested in this new information dump. 👀

Following its announcement in Weekly Famitsu, Falcom has officially announced that The Legend of Heroes: Kai no Kiseki – Farewell, O Zemuria will launch for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 on September 26 in Japan, as well as released a one-minute web commercial, an overview of the limited edition, and new information and screenshots on the game’s characters and locations.

Here is the web commercial:

Even more deets:

Source - Gematsu

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt You might be interested in this new information dump. 👀

I hope we get some new sexy costumes for the females. Like new bikinis 👀

CosmicComet

I only care if Rean fulfills his destiny to end up as the JRPG Goat.

But first he has to become the Falcom Goat. I'm not ready for him to be sidelined.

Paltheos

Falcom remembered Kevin exists! The meme is dead! (A mention in Reverie when everybody else got screentime doesn't count)

Rean is the last person I wanted to see. Hopefully he doesn't play a big role in the story.

I was both angry at and incredulous at his remark at the end of his final daydream in Reverie about 'how other heroes would need to confront the dangers ahead'. The problem was way too close to home for Rean personally and I didn't buy for a second that Falcom wouldn't bring back the series' most popular character.

That said, Rean's story is over, much like Estelle's and Joshua's stories ended in Sky (outside of the kinda flimsy Renne pursuit plotline). I'd expect him to return in much a supporting role like them but going by the trailer, who knows?

I only care if Rean fulfills his destiny to end up as the JRPG Goat.

But first he has to become the Falcom Goat. I'm not ready for him to be sidelined.

People dunk on him allot but Rean's actually a pretty good character... just not the best lol, not even in Trails. It's just the writing around him that usually brings everything else down but I'm pretty cool with Rean himself.

As for better characters - to preempt a question and because I want to answer - Estelle and Randy are both shortlisted for me before I even get to ranking everyone else.

StereoVsn

I am hundreds of hours behind in the series as I couldn’t make myself get through Cild Steel 2 (and wasn’t a fan of 1). I think it’s a lost cause now.

I did like Trails to Azure and Trails from Zero quite a bit though. And I loved Ys VIII and Tokyo Xanadu Ex+, so here is hoping Ys X and Tokyo Xanadu 2 will be good.

For Legends I was tired of Rean and Co, the games just didn’t click and the interconnections in subsequent games killed my interest.

No, we are three games behind if you count this upcoming game. Will be two games when this releases in English on 7/5:
This sounds like old school anime dubbing schedules. "Want to watch that next season of Dragonball Z? Nope, enjoy watching the Namek saga again, weekly, all from the beginning. See you next year!"

I am hundreds of hours behind in the series as I couldn’t make myself get through Cild Steel 2 (and wasn’t a fan of 1). I think it’s a lost cause now.

I did like Trails to Azure and Trails from Zero quite a bit though. And I loved Ys VIII and Tokyo Xanadu Ex+, so here is hoping Ys X and Tokyo Xanadu 2 will be good.

For Legends I was tired of Rean and Co, the games just didn’t click and the interconnections in subsequent games killed my interest.

That understandable

The Cold Steel Arc (I include Reverie as part of that Arc) is five long games. They are very divisive

Despite my issues The Cold Steel Arc, I love all the games in that Arc. But Trails In The Sky Trilogy and Crossbell Duology are way better in my opinion

Rean is my BOI still 👀

The Kuro No Kiseki Games so far are fantastic and way better than the Cold Steel Games

If you're not enjoying the Cold Steel Arc, I recommend to just drop the franchise completely

Last edited:

Furball

You may like CS3 to Reverie more if you dont like CS1 and 2 . CS3 main cast are smaller and more focus like Azure , they also better as a group and better dynamic to Rean than his Classmate . Gameplay also better so it help .

Darkmakaimura

I wonder if they ever thought about releasing the Evo editions in the west?

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Just how long is this saga already? Is tales of the same as trails? I'm always so confused with this

Trails in the Sky 1-3
Trails from Zero
Trails to Azure
Trails of Cold Steel 1-4
Trails into Reverie
Trails through Daybreak 1-2 (Japan only, localization on the way)
Kai no Kiseki (unreleased)

So 13 games.

Trails in the Sky 1-3
Trails from Zero
Trails to Azure
Trails of Cold Steel 1-4
Trails into Reverie
Trails through Daybreak 1-2 (Japan only, localization on the way)
Kai no Kiseki (unreleased)

So 13 games.
And the name of the saga is the legend of heroes, right?

Darkmakaimura

People who have never played this I would definitely recommend.

It's the most elaborate, detailed and lore and world building Japanese role playing game that's ever been made. Nothing on this scale has been done before perhaps even when it comes to Western games.

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Always been curious about the series but never jumped in. Other then starting at the first game, is there a good jumping in point?

Jooxed

Gold Member
As someone that hate don this franchise for a long time and finally decided to give it a try and binged all the way up until cold steel. Im looking forward to catching up to the games that everyone else is on haha. Currently on cold steel right now and im finding it tough to push through but Im assuming its like all first games in the series.

Icymanipulator

Gold Member
Starts with trails in the sky. Don’t start with this arc.
I hear this repeated often, but after looking into the older games I don’t think I would make it through them. I don’t really like how the older games look with the squat character models, and then there’s also a question of my time. If anything I’ll watch a video that recaps the story if I end up getting into it.

Top Bottom