• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Legacy (3DS) dated for October 13th in NA with a Launch Edition

Shizuka

The Legend of Legacy will be available 10.13.2015.

Additionally, you'll get a gorgeous launch edition set with your pre-order that includes:
A 40 full-color pages of character artwork, concept sketches, monster pages, and background art, accompanied by commentary from the game's character artist,
A 10-track CD soundtrack of the game's music,
A lovely collector's box!

Pre-order today: http://www.atlus.com/legendoflegacy/purchase.html

vs66hwe.jpg

YEMZOSm.jpg

http://gonintendo.com/stories/240520-the-legend-of-legacy-gets-a-massive-launch-edition-oct-13-relea

RVINE, Calif. -- Aug. 13, 2015 -- The Legend of Legacy tells the tale of seven adventurers on the quest of a lifetime as they explore the island of Avalon and unravel the mysteries of its dark past. When the game releases this fall, pre-orders and a limited number of launch copies will receive The Legend of Legacy Launch Edtion -- a limited collector's edition of the game. The Launch Edition is fit for all explorers, and comes in a large, collectible outer box that houses two additional treasures: a glossy hardcover, 40-page artbook by acclaimed illustrator Tomomi Kobayashi (SaGa series) and a 10-track Soundtrack CD of game music from composer Masashi Hamauzu (SaGa, Final Fantasy XIII). Only available at retail, the Launch Edition will be limited to pre-orders and a small quantity of launch day copies. The game will be released in retail stores and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on Oct. 13 for $39.99/CA$49.99. For more information, check out the official website at http://www.atlus.com/legendoflegacy

In The Legend of Legacy, Seven adventurers - Liber, Meurs, Owen, Bianca, Garnet, Eloise, Filmia - arrive on the mysterious island of Avalon to pursue their own agenda as explorers. They team up with two of the other adventurers to achieve their objectives - be it exploring the island for treasure, looking for the "god" on the island, or recovering lost memories. But things change when they discover a singing stone that causes the party to see phantasms of Avalon's forgotten history.

Gameplay features in The Legend of Legacy include:

Seven Unique Perspectives - Each character in The Legend of Legacy has their own motivation for exploring Avalon, and their individual conclusion at the story's resolution. Play through as each character to see them all!
Combat Gets Classless - Managing formations to instruct specific combat roles instead of fixed classes adds a different level of challenge for battle enthusiasts.

Legendary Development - Illustrator Tomomi Kobayashi (SaGa series), renowned composer Masashi Hamauzu (SaGa, Final Fantasy XIII), writer Masato Kato (Chrono Trigger), game designer Kyoji Koizumi (SaGa series), and Masataka Matsuura (999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors) all come together to create this brand new experience.

Adjusted for the West - Based on user feedback following the Japanese release, several gameplay adjustments were made to enhance the gameplay. More details to come later!

The Legend of Legacy is a brand new RPG developed by FuRyu and published in the Americas by ATLUS. The game will have both physical and digital releases in the Americas. The game is rated E10+by the ESRB. Official website: http://www.atlus.com/legendoflegacy

Nice to see Atlus continue their tradition of cool retail goodies!

Eolz

11885394_10153068729013339_6848344817231825243_n.jpg

IRVINE, Calif. — Aug. 13, 2015 — The Legend of Legacy tells the tale of seven adventurers on the quest of a lifetime as they explore the island of Avalon and unravel the mysteries of its dark past. When the game releases this fall, pre-orders and a limited number of launch copies will receive The Legend of Legacy Launch Edtion — a limited collector’s edition of the game. The Launch Edition is fit for all explorers, and comes in a large, collectible outer box that houses two additional treasures: a glossy hardcover, 40-page artbook by acclaimed illustrator Tomomi Kobayashi (SaGa series) and a 10-track Soundtrack CD of game music from composer Masashi Hamauzu (SaGa, Final Fantasy XIII). Only available at retail, the Launch Edition will be limited to pre-orders and a small quantity of launch day copies. The game will be released in retail stores and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on Oct. 13 for $39.99/CA$49.99. For more information, check out the official website at http://www.atlus.com/legendoflegacy

In The Legend of Legacy, Seven adventurers – Liber, Meurs, Owen, Bianca, Garnet, Eloise, Filmia – arrive on the mysterious island of Avalon to pursue their own agenda as explorers. They team up with two of the other adventurers to achieve their objectives – be it exploring the island for treasure, looking for the “god” on the island, or recovering lost memories. But things change when they discover a singing stone that causes the party to see phantasms of Avalon’s forgotten history.

Gameplay features in The Legend of Legacy include:

Seven Unique Perspectives – Each character in The Legend of Legacy has their own motivation for exploring Avalon, and their individual conclusion at the story’s resolution. Play through as each character to see them all!

Combat Gets Classless – Managing formations to instruct specific combat roles instead of fixed classes adds a different level of challenge for battle enthusiasts.

Legendary Development – Illustrator Tomomi Kobayashi (SaGa series), renowned composer Masashi Hamauzu (SaGa, Final Fantasy XIII), writer Masato Kato (Chrono Trigger), game designer Kyoji Koizumi (SaGa series), and Masataka Matsuura (999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors) all come together to create this brand new experience.

Adjusted for the West – Based on user feedback following the Japanese release, several gameplay adjustments were made to enhance the gameplay. More details to come later!

The Legend of Legacy is a brand new RPG developed by FuRyu and published in the Americas by ATLUS. The game will have both physical and digital releases in the Americas. The game is rated E10+by the ESRB. Official website: http://www.atlus.com/legendoflegacy

Some of the artbook here

Really, really hope we'll get the same in Europe. Still my OST of the year for now too.

UCBooties

Saw the launch edition in the other thread. Looks nice and I'm glad they're putting in a decent size art book instead of just a booklet with the CD.

Tohsaka

Man, October is packed for JRPGs. I'll be getting this, ToZ and Dragon Quest Heroes. I think Disgaea 5 comes out then, too.

RangerBAD

I would have liked the CD cover to have been on the game itself. Kobayashi's work is great.

Man, October is packed for JRPGs. I'll be getting this, ToZ and Dragon Quest Heroes. I think Disgaea 5 comes out then, too.

Forgot that DQH was coming out in October. Thanks for reminding me.

Velcro Fly

Yeah this is only $40 and not $50

Need to get this and Shovel Knight and maybe Chibi Robo with amiibo if I can in the same order

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Is this game any good? Or just another bottom of the barrel localization pickup from Atlus USA?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So is this good? I don't know anything about this, other than I think it was the game with the weird pop-in background thing.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The launch edition is going to be $40? The bonuses look way better than most of the limited editions that Atlus gives to their own internally developed 3DS games.

Mcdohl

The first print (all pre-orders and the available copies at launch) will be this "launch edition".

PRE-ORDER'D.

Man, Atlus is being incredibly generous.

Looked up some vids, game looks good.

A bit like Bravely Default, and the music is pretty good, pretty chill.

RangerBAD

The game is similar to SaGa games from the gameplay I've seen. Not surprising considering the designer worked on the battle design for a number of SaGa games.

randomkid

Very happy to see a return to form for Atlus with standard pricing and substantial goodies. I guess the bigger carts needed for voice acting really was the issue?

In any case, Kobayashi + Hamauzu is certainly a way to get me to pre-order a game from them again. Excited.

NoKisum

Did Atlus ever put out a gameplay trailer? I remember seeing a Japanese trailer previously, but it was just player characters running around the overworld.

Shiina

Very happy to see a return to form for Atlus with standard pricing and substantial goodies. I guess the bigger carts needed for voice acting really was the issue?

In any case, Kobayashi + Hamauzu is certainly a way to get me to pre-order a game from them again. Excited.

I don't think they've ever sold non-in-house titles for more than the standard price so this doesn't really mean anything at all.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Was the game any good? I thought I heard mixed things on the story if I'm thinking of the right one.

The story is told in the exact same manner as the classic SaGa games, ie it's mostly fragments of narrative that you may or may not encounter that may or may not end up making sense. It's not to everyone's tastes but they are deliberately following the template they made with SaGa, so if you don't like that series, don't play this game.

Nachos

Heard the game is undercooked and wears out its welcome, but that the soundtrack is incredible. Might have to order that, instead, depending on more impressions for the English version.

I don't know about that. Nich Maragos did say on another forum that the price hike was to cover ordering higher-capacity cartridges for extra voicework, yet Untold 2's file size is under 1GB, which is the smallest available cartridge. The game doesn't even have that much voiceover, and I'm willing to bet they had the game recorded at Cup of Tea studios, too, which would also mean that they didn't go all-out on their budget.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Top Bottom