• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT2| It's 98 All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fliesen

Jesus, the "burning" mechanic on death mountain is really testing my patience.

I made the "run" for reaching the temple and, because i didn't realize i had to use a
cannon to shoot the beast at every stop
, i - once again - ran out of fire protection potions.

Not only did i run out, but you can also not teleport out of that area. you have to literally run back to the start and tell your Goron friend you wanna stop the ascend.

I would've seriously had to take a break if restarting the sequence would've led to monsters as well as
those sentry drones
respawning.

Thankfully, they didnt.

KHlover

Banned
After finishing the game, there's one thing in particular that I don't like and that is that all the of the game's bosses are so easy? It's easier getting killed in the wild.

It's almost impossible to die on a boss
when you have the "self res" you get from one of the divine beasts
and you can have so many items on you that you can refill your life forever while even pausing to do so. Of course, I could resist and not do it, but the option is there...

That's really something that needs to be changed in hard mode. I literally have three pages worth of Full Heal+ Temp HP meals. And another few hundred hearts worth of ingredients I didn't bother cooking up. As long as something doesn't kill you in one hit it might as well have never happened. And even if you refrain from doing that, there's still
Mipha's Prayer
and Fairies. If you want to be a huge pussy you can also always just teleport out of combat. My last actual death must have been 30 hours ago or so.

I made the "run" for reaching the temple and, because i didn't realize i had to use a

Not only did i run out, but you can also not teleport out of that area. you have to literally run back to the start and tell your Goron friend you wanna stop the ascend.

I would've seriously had to take a break if restarting the sequence would've led to monsters as well as
those sentry drones
respawning.

Thankfully, they didnt.

Were you too broke for the
fire-proof armor
that's being sold in
Goron Village
?

Edzi

those sentry drones
respawning.

Thankfully, they didnt.

Is there a reason you're refusing to buy the fireproof armor set from the Goron town?

Crayolan

those sentry drones
respawning.

Thankfully, they didnt.

why didn't you just buy fire armor?

JeTmAn81

Woof, finally checked the log and I've clocked 35 hours on BoTW in the last week. That's...probably way too much time for me to have spent on games for one week. It's just so good...

I'm about 50 hours in and have done only one beast, I get OCD about open worlds and try to see everything before moving on and now I have gone like 15 hours without moving the story forward and it's hurting the experience.

There is a lot of repetition in this world. Koroks are like 15 variations on the same thing done a ton of time over. Shrines have begun to repeat. Riddle shrines with the bird are too simple. Enemy bases are mostly the same. Way too many Bokobins all over. The same three hinox scattered all over. I've killed 4 lynel, first few times it's awesome then it becomes repetition too.

I am on the south southeast corner of the map and there just isn't much to do outside the usual actitivites you see all over. It's all beautiful, the gameplay is fantastic, but I miss the more structured level design of past zeldas. For me any of the four areas of MM is far more interesting with better variety of things to do than one of these huge sections of land with no town or beast. Smaller game with better level design focused on unique gameplay situations I feel is better than being gigantic just for the sake of being gigantic.

It's still a fantastic game but I am pretty sure I prefer old zelda over this. I really hope this is a one time experiment and they keep the gameplay system enhancements but rethink the giant open world and total freedom aspect for future zelda games.

Sadist

I approve of this thread title.

I'm now doing random stuff. Conquered the second dungeon... but I have no Idea which one I should tackle now.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Can something clarify Impa says after doing the first big mission in the Captured Memories quest?

i could have sworn she said the final photo was taken "a half day walk" from the village, but she isn't repeating it and now I'm doubting myself.

After finishing the game, there's one thing in particular that I don't like and that is that all the of the game's bosses are so easy? It's easier getting killed in the wild.

It's almost impossible to die on a boss
when you have the "self res" you get from one of the divine beasts
and you can have so many items on you that you can refill your life forever while even pausing to do so. Of course, I could resist and not do it, but the option is there...

You can turn that ability off.

LowParry

I think I burnt myself hard on the game by playing too much of the exploration. It's fun but progress must be done. Should be approaching my third divine beast. Need to get that 13 hearts.

Robiin

The story beats implied the rain will stop eventually in
Zora's domain
right? I want to explore but I want the rain to stop first so right now I'm just marking stuff as I go past it.

KHlover

Banned
i have a piece of fire armor. I wasn't aware they stacked?

Turns out i'm really bad with deciphering the fire / heat mechanics of this game.

One piece to be able to walk around in the Village

Two pieces to be able to walk around on the peak of Death Mountain. Works just like Heat/Extreme Heat and Cold/Extreme Cold.

The story beats implied the rain will stop eventually in
Zora's domain
right? I want to explore but I want the rain to stop first so right now I'm just marking stuff as I go past it.

You have to take that matter into your own hand if you want the rain to stop :)

Nosgotham

those sentry drones
respawning.

Thankfully, they didnt.

I just bought the armor....

KayMote

Wow! Why is the music for the
gliding as for from the tower as possible
mini game so freaking good?! Like straight out of a Miyazaki movie! I'm getting goosebumps because of mini game music? What the hell?!

ckaneo

i have a piece of fire armor. I wasn't aware they stacked?

Turns out i'm really bad with deciphering the fire / heat mechanics of this game.

Yeah, sometimes you need two pieces of armour. usually the head is more expensive so just buy the pants and the shirt

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So here is some useful knowledge

The woodcutters axe has like the 3rd highest durability of all melee weapons. So it's super handy to keep them around.

KHlover

Banned
How do I look at my play time and completion level?

Completion is
shown on the map screen after you beat Ganon

Idk if you can see your playtime ingame anywhere. Activity Log on WiiU and I guess Parental Controls app on Switch?

How can I survive the deep cold? The warm doublet isn't working. Will the ruby circlet work?

You need to wear two pieces of armor with cold resistance, or one piece + Lv. 1 food buff, or one piece + fire weapon, or zero pieces and Lv. 2 food buff, or zero pieces and Lv. 1 food buff + fire weapon (why tho lol).

Kard8p3

Posting obce again to point out just how fucking good the designs of the different races are. Definitely the best so far.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
How can I survive the deep cold? The warm doublet isn't working. Will the ruby circlet work?

You can wear a fire weapon on your back alongside the doublet and see but you might need more. The warm set of clothes is in the
Rito
area if you want to not have to worry about cold at all.

Fliesen

One piece to be able to walk around in the Village

Two pieces to be able to walk around on the peak of Death Mountain. Works just like Heat/Extreme Heat and Cold/Extreme Cold.

yeah, i kinda made up some headcanon that it's "armor protects you from extreme heat" "armor + potion" protects you from extreme-fuck-off-heat and went with it. It bit me in the ass big time just now.

Red

I fought this green
Lynel
a good forty minutes. I am near a master of the flurry rush. Had to give it a break. But I will kill him. Oh, I will.

Anyone wanna toss me a hint as to where I'd find the bottom-right memory (the one that's simply a picture of a forest)? I've been keeping my eyes out for it for days now and I'm just stumped. I'm now ready to finish the game but I really want to finish off the memories first.

Anyone wanna toss me a hint as to where I'd find the bottom-right memory (the one that's simply a picture of a forest)? I've been keeping my eyes out for it for days now and I'm just stumped. I'm now ready to finish the game but I really want to finish off the memories first.

The painter guy at the wetlands stable should be able to tell you. I think.

any hints on which NPC i should stalk in which village? Only 16 shrines left and i visited every area, can't find anything new witht he radar so i guess they're hidden shrine tied to sidequest!

near
wetland stable

Anteo

Ask at the stable south east of hyrule castle (not the one you find on your way from the plateau to kakariko)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom