• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT2| It's 98 All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over 50 hours and I am officially utterly bored of this world. Guess it's time to wrap up the 3 remaining dungeons and kill Climate Change Ganon.

No use in tackling the remaining three dungeons if you're already bored. At 50 hours, you're likely powerful enough to finish the game.

Btw, I'm 105 hours into the game and am still utterly consumed by this world. :)

Oh an the Blood moon cut scene should be "The Bloodmoon rises twice a night. Please be careful Link"

Do a hard reset on your console.

So is it pretty much confirmed that putting the Switch to sleep with Zelda still running causes the blood moon glitch?

If I exit the game every now and then it won't happen?

I tried completing "under the red moon" sceret shrine mission today and camped for 40 plus days and couldn't get it to come out.

Moff

So is it pretty much confirmed that putting the Switch to sleep with Zelda still running causes the blood moon glitch?

If I exit the game every now and then it won't happen?

I always power the console off and had it happen once, I immediately reloaded a save before the bloodmoon and powered the console off.
never happened again.

Takat

Hey, I need some explanation on the
Master Sword
, how does it work? mine says it's low on energy, how do I restore it?

Chaos17

Yea I fought some mini bosses like
mogdula
and haven't done anything with the
dragons
yet. Are you talking about white versions with cavemen looking clothing? Or silver is something more? Yea I mean it's good that I can play this game for years but my favorite thing of zelda has always been the dungeons lol. So yea definitely a 360

I'm talking about normal monsters up to Lynel.
Not sure about the others since I didn't killed that much and I don't think dragons count.

These Rito kids for that one Shrine Quest are rude, I'm trying to save the world, getting all the upgrades I can get, but you don't want to help because you want your food first?

Changing the Switch's resolution to 720p doesn't do anything for performance in docked mode, right? I figure that's the case but still curious.

The lead up to the Goron divine beast is really pissing me off. Ugh.

Destroy the Guardian drones. Use Magnesis.

Still don't get why this area is such a challenge for some people.

I can understand the frustration from the
Yiga Clan Hideout
(even though I loved it), but not this section.

JCH!

Is there any way of getting heat resistant armor before heading out to the desert or am I gonna have to use food until I find it?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I pissed off a camp of Moblins in Hebra and they apparently hit HARD so I took out my guardian axe++ for a little spin to win and it was so effective the game slowed down to 2fps.

Is there any way of getting heat resistant armor before heading out to the desert or am I gonna have to use food until I find it?

The latter, but make a few heat resistant elixirs instead of food.

If you're a ways into the
Tarrey Town
sidequest, you'll meet a character very early on in the desert than can sell you armor long before you reach the inside of
Gerudo Town

Nothing. Just take advantage of its change in temperature and you can navigate the area without using any elixir.

This is also true.
Travel in the early morning, evening, or night.
I like having a few elixirs available though, so I can just explore whenever.

random25

Nothing. Just take advantage of its change in temperature and you can navigate the area without using any elixir.

JCH!

The latter, but make a few heat resistant elixirs instead of food.

If you're a ways into the
Tarrey Town
sidequest, you'll meet a character very early on in the desert than can sell you armor long before you reach the inside of
Gerudo Town

Cool thanks. I haven't even explored the Northern parts of the map yet so I guess I'll better start cooking!

Justinian

I pissed off a camp of Moblins in Hebra and they apparently hit HARD so I took out my guardian axe++ for a little spin to win and it was so effective the game slowed down to 2fps.

That's not the game slowing down it's a glitch when Moblins ragdoll.

Just read a post saying they beat the game in 71 hours. On my profile page, it says 65+ and I still only have one dungeon done.

I do however have 115+ korok seeds and 40+ shrines. This game is so good man.

Blues1990

I need a steady supply of bananas, as I didn't realize that those things are one of the most essential cooking ingredients in the game.
With regards to the Yiga Clan Hideout, do the bananas in that storage room respawn?

gdt

Man.

I rarely post in OT's while I'm playing the game. But I just gotta drop some love here

I honestly thought Zelda was done after Skyward Sword. Like, I had almost zero hype for this game.

But this is blowing me away. There is something to discover every 30 feet in this game. Whether it's a puzzle, something off in the distance, a note, a traveler that gives you a tip, a shrine...

I have so much in my head I want to do, and they are all quests I came up with for myself. Saw a weird formation, someone mentioned a weird story, a memory gave me an idea to climb a mountain to see what's there...fuck man! And no of that stuff is a "quest" that the game makes for you. It's all you b. Don't want to take the path? CLIMB EVERYTHING.

This is staggeringly impressive.

Edit: a lot of serious frame rate problems though. Man, sometimes it drops for 10 to 20 seconds at a time. And big drops.

kunonabi

Just read a post saying they beat the game in 71 hours. On my profile page, it says 65+ and I still only have one dungeon done.

I do however have 115+ korok seeds and 40+ shrines. This game is so good man.

71? Man I was a little over 115 hours with 40 shrines and one dungeon finished.

vypek

I killed a Lynel near Gerudo Valley about 14 times. It dropped exactly the same items each time for some reason. Maybe I should fast travel to a shrine and walk back. Doesn't seem like that should be happening

Finished all the dungeons. Goron was also easy but I still loved how cool the experience was.
Running while its body is shifting
is pretty rad and mind bending. If I had to do it all over again, I'd do Rito > Goron > Zora > Gerudo. The Death Mountain region also seems like the most linear area in the game since the lava prevents you from traversing in all the ways that you'd like.

I was also kind of disappointed at how small the city was. Rito was tiny but even they had more NPCs. That being said, Yunobo + Daruk were cool dudes. Good VA as well. Seems like anyone that doesn't have to sound British sounds good. The mine cart rides were also a ton of fun.

I treated myself to the last unexplored region. Holy crap @ The Ridgelands. So alien, so awesome looking. Ran into a memory on my way there as well. Time to get a crap ton of shrines and quests, do the
dragons
, collect the memories, complete my weapon set with that one shield and take a long horse ride across Hyrule before I end Ganon.

I found another shrine involving using wind to push a ball into a hole, no thanks, let me improvise

C7VLBSEV0AEe_xB.jpg

Breath of the Wild has started so many discussions, it's awesome. About game philosohpy, rating games and of course the open world trend. Those things alone makes it one of the more important titles of the last few years.

Funny how there's mostly two camps of people. Those who are seriously impressed and/or loving it and those who are bored out of their mind with this game. Wtf? :D
I mean, you can look at Zelda from a purely analytical standpoint and boil it down to the most basic gameplay loop. You can do that with every game, though...I'll never understand that. I'd never enjoy any game anymore if I did this. :D

I could climb baobabs or mushroom trees for an hour and be fine, hehe! My mind goes wild just thinking about the different areas and bioms. <3

DrArchon

Got done with all of the Divine Beasts. Thoughts spoiler'd below.

Such wasted potential. There's like one nugget of a great idea here, but so much went wrong with the designs of these things. They might be the worst Zelda dungeons ever honestly. There're only two types of enemies regardless of which one you're in, the same mini-guardians from the shrines and knock-off Lost Souls from Doom. No minibosses, no unique enemies to fit the Beats, just guardians and floating skulls. It's embarrassing.

Also, having all of the Beasts boil down to "Find the map > Find 5 terminals > Fight the boss" is incredibly boring, and it's weird that the Champion spirits laboriously explain what to do every single time regardless of how many you've before, even though the game is normally really good at not spelling out for the player exactly what to do.

Also also, having all of the bosses be *insertelementhere*-blight Ganon, with similar looks to boot, is crap. It's just crap. Zelda dungeons have always had stellar bosses for the most part, and I have no idea why the dropped the ball so hard here. Even keeping to the rule of "no dungeon items to fight the bosses with", they could've at least made the bosses unique monsters. And to add insult to injury, all of them save for Thunderblight are incredibly easy. I didn't take any damage fighting Wind or Water, and I only got hit once fighting Fire because I was figuring out what to do in the second phase. Random Lynels in the wild are much more fun to fight.

The only good thing was the fact you can alter the layout of the dungeons to solve puzzles and get places. That was awesome, and I'd kill for that to be a feature in bigger and better designed Zelda dungeons (oh wait, Stone Tower Temple is already a thing).

tl;dr they're pretty shitty.

Pachinko

You know guys... as I was leading up to finish my final dungeon (before end game anyway) I was at a loss as to how much more of this game I wanted to complete. It's literally taken over the last 2 weeks of my life , any time I haven't spent working , sleeping or socializing as pretty much been Zelda time.

My current completion -
I did Zora, Rito, Goron and Geruda , I've completed 56 shrines along the way, collected the master sword , have 16 hearts now , 2 stamina wheels , I've collected 60 or 70 korok seeds , completed a handful of sidequests including all of tarey town and lighting the cherry furnace , found all 4 great ferries , powered most of my stuff up to level 3, I've managed to get a single scale from farosh but not the other 2 dragons, I've also found only 1 place of power.

.... the thing is though, now that I'm facing the end game ... I don't know if I want it to end just yet , I feel like I've still got a lot of exploring yet to accomplish. I suppose there isn't a rush right ?

atr0cious

Breath of the Wild has started so many discussions, it's awesome. About game philosohpy, rating games and of course the open world trend. Those things alone makes it one of the more important titles of the last few years.

Funny how there's mostly two camps of people. Those who are seriously impressed and/or loving it and those who are bored out of their mind with this game. Wtf? :D
I mean, you can look at Zelda from a purely analytical standpoint and boil it down to the most basic gameplay loop. You can do that with every game, though...I'll never understand that. I'd never enjoy any game anymore if I did this. :D

I could climb baobabs or mushroom trees for an hour and be fine, hehe! My mind goes wild just thinking about the different areas and bioms. <3
Yea, the reception is pretty cool, though i feel I'm playing a different game when people complain about empty space and nothing to do. Halfway through the hebra region, just trecking through the snow is really fun for me. Never felt like this in an open world games before.

Lilo_D

Yea, the reception is pretty cool, though i feel I'm playing a different game when people complain about empty space and nothing to do. Halfway through the hebra region, just trecking through the snow is really fun for me. Never felt like this in an open world games before.

because this game doesn't hold you
It has a invisible hand and it trust and respect players intelligence
So different players will have different experience

Thud

If you travel by night or in the morning you'll be fine. It's also not a long way from the stable to the first checkpoint. Don't wander around too much tho.

Anteo

You know guys... as I was leading up to finish my final dungeon (before end game anyway) I was at a loss as to how much more of this game I wanted to complete. It's literally taken over the last 2 weeks of my life , any time I haven't spent working , sleeping or socializing as pretty much been Zelda time.

My current completion -
I did Zora, Rito, Goron and Geruda , I've completed 56 shrines along the way, collected the master sword , have 16 hearts now , 2 stamina wheels , I've collected 60 or 70 korok seeds , completed a handful of sidequests including all of tarey town and lighting the cherry furnace , found all 4 great ferries , powered most of my stuff up to level 3, I've managed to get a single scale from farosh but not the other 2 dragons, I've also found only 1 place of power.

.... the thing is though, now that I'm facing the end game ... I don't know if I want it to end just yet , I feel like I've still got a lot of exploring yet to accomplish. I suppose there isn't a rush right ?

Even if you end up getting all the shirines and the extra scene at the end, you can come back for a no beasts run, the fight with ganon is pretty fun when no beasts are involved.

Hebra also rules because its got dope slopes for days. I felt like Shaun White out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom