• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks on the EU Wii U eShop

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...re_available_now_on_the_wii_u_eshop_in_europe

The Nintendo Direct broadcasts had a few surprises included, and in a segment dedicated to The Legend of Zelda Nintendo of Europe had an extra treat in store; this is in the form of a couple of DS releases for the Wii U Virtual Console.

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks are out now on the eShop in Europe as part of Zelda celebrations. They're part of a deal until 19th November, too - if you buy one for €9.99 / £8.99 you get the other for €4.99 / £4.49.

These titles, of course, utilised the stylus and DS touch screen for movement and attacks, so it'll be interesting to see which GamePad configuration suits it best.

At the time of writing no equivalent release has been confirmed for North America.

Volotaire

Great! I only played an hour of Phantom after a friend lent it to me. I have never played Spirit Tracks too. I might purchase it on the Wii U instead of the 3DS (DS).

RagnarokX

Oh boy. Spirit Tracks is one of the best portable Zeldas. Hopefully this gets more people to give it a shot. It is criminally underrated.

Spirit Tracks is really good, except for the flute stuff. I can't imagine doing that on a Wii U gamepad. Great dungeons, though. Phantom Hourglass is...interesting. Very experimental, but super, super easy. Probably worth the discounted price if you've never played it.

Top Bottom