• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LittleBigPlanet BETA thread of hoo boy it's judgement time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rSpooky

Other people who need codes list:

J. M. Romeo
axis
drohne
Chû Totoro
XMonkey
Mister Chef
Sash
Gav
Billen
suffah
megateto
dazed808
harSon
mrklaw
Kingsora
Slavik81
DarknessTear
ryan13ts
Gbeav
DevilWillcry
akachan ningen
Piggus
mileS
B3nfy
CSSer
valion
Casshern
TheWiicast
Wrestlemania
Snipes424
urge26
k79
Oni Jazar
burgerdog
marc^o^
zaidr
goku3000
starblade
Mdk7
Robinspain
Justin Dailey
Raw64life
maxax
ristlager
Cloud
MakMan
DaFish
Bojanglez
CriscoDisco
icechai
Sorc3r3r
Kal
neoism.
Mii
PIMPBYBLUD
rSpooky
Anybody else, just quote, remove the quote tags and add your name. NO AUSSIES AND KIWIS

ianp622

J. M. Romeo
axis
drohne
Chû Totoro
XMonkey
Mister Chef
Sash
Gav
Billen
suffah
megateto
dazed808
harSon
mrklaw
Kingsora
Slavik81
DarknessTear
ryan13ts
Gbeav
DevilWillcry
akachan ningen
Piggus
mileS
B3nfy
CSSer
valion
Casshern
TheWiicast
Wrestlemania
Snipes424
urge26
k79
Oni Jazar
burgerdog
marc^o^
zaidr
goku3000
starblade
Mdk7
Robinspain
Justin Dailey
Raw64life
maxax
ristlager
Cloud
MakMan
DaFish
Bojanglez
CriscoDisco
icechai
Sorc3r3r
Kal
neoism.
Mii
ianp622

Anybody else, just quote, remove the quote tags and add your name. NO AUSSIES AND KIWIS

Starfire

yurinka said:
I think it's a good idea. I also want to be in the list, but I don´t want do disturb the thread.

Same here, I figured I may as well toss my name in, I have some ideas I want to create too, but I'd much rather hear ideas and impressions about the beta than scroll through lists of names for 4 or 5 pages, there are still plenty of keys left anyway (not to discount the fact that the game is only 3 weeks away.)

Sorry if I in any way contributed to the derailment of this thread.

Danielsan

TheBranca18 said:
Hey Danielsan I think it got lost in all the beta key quoting but I really dug your level last night. Played it with my friend, and although we got stuck on a couple of parts (namely the thing on wheels that has swinging electric protectors with fire on its base that you have to hope you time it correctly, you have to sacrifice whoever you're playing with when you do that :)).

One thing though, on the first screen, after you go up and get the object at the top of the board, when you come back down and swing over the electrified floor, the opening entrance portal is so near the one on the bottom that unless you really time it correctly, if you're playing with more than one player and one player already died that they'll start at the entrance. I think if you make the bottom section with the portal a bit longer and put the portal more towards the right that it would solve the issue.

But seriously, great level, my friend and I didn't give up even though it kicked our ass and back.
Thanks man. Yeah when I played it with Gowans and Gofreak that happend aswell. When I republish it I will change a couple things.

I wake up and the thread it's even more messed up than it was last night.

I want to put my name on the list but i think i will wait until mod clarification. Otherwise it's just going to be names after names... i'm pretty sure most of GAF still hasn't gotten it's keys.

-Naruto-

Stop posting that Fucking List, Please!!!!!

anyway... What about Gamespot (OntheSpot) Beta Keys! Im Still Waiting for 1!!!

anybody got the mail from gamespot?????

-Winnie-

Wow, this has really devolved into chaos. At first it was just a list to help out genuine Aussies who missed out on our own competition, and now that list is buried in a wall of random names...

J. M. Romeo
axis
drohne
Chû Totoro
XMonkey
Mister Chef
Sash
Gav
Billen
suffah
megateto
dazed808
harSon
mrklaw
Kingsora
Slavik81
DarknessTear
ryan13ts
Gbeav
DevilWillcry
akachan ningen
Piggus
mileS
B3nfy
CSSer
valion
Casshern
TheWiicast
Wrestlemania
Snipes424
urge26
k79
Oni Jazar
burgerdog
marc^o^
zaidr
goku3000
starblade
Mdk7
Robinspain
Justin Dailey
Raw64life
maxax
ristlager
Cloud
MakMan
DaFish
Bojanglez
CriscoDisco
icechai
Sorc3r3r
Kal
neoism.
Mii
ianp622
seattle6418

rhino4evr

Billen said:
Actually, a couple of people have gotten keys already. I do, however, approve your usage of caps. Makes you look more important.

Also, there is a new LBP BETA Level thread if anyone missed it.

It has nothing to do with importance, and all to do with ANNOYANCE.

I AM YELLING AT YOU WITH MY WORDS SEE?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
This is the LBP BETA thread. This isn't the whining for a key thread. We should not have to go to another thread to avoid the key-whiners. If only the mods were doing their damn jobs, but they're too busy servicing Drinky Crow.

Kalren

J. M. Romeo
axis
drohne
Chû Totoro
XMonkey
Mister Chef
Sash
Gav
Billen
suffah
megateto
dazed808
harSon
mrklaw
Kingsora
Slavik81
DarknessTear
ryan13ts
Gbeav
DevilWillcry
akachan ningen
Piggus
mileS
B3nfy
CSSer
valion
Casshern
TheWiicast
Wrestlemania
Snipes424
urge26
k79
Oni Jazar
burgerdog
marc^o^
zaidr
goku3000
starblade
Mdk7
Robinspain
Justin Dailey
Raw64life
maxax
ristlager
Cloud
MakMan
DaFish
Bojanglez
CriscoDisco
icechai
Sorc3r3r
Kal
neoism.
Mii
ianp622
seattle6418
Kalren

Raw64life

Hoe about something more like this?

Code:
LBP Beta Key Request List:

J. M. Romeo     akachan ningen   Justin Dailey
axis            Piggus           Raw64life
drohne          mileS            maxax
Chû Totoro      B3nfy            ristlager
XMonkey         CSSer            Cloud
Mister Chef     valion           MakMan
Sash            Casshern         DaFish
Gav             TheWiicast       Bojanglez
Billen          Wrestlemania     CriscoDisco
suffah          Snipes424        icechai
megateto        urge26           Sorc3r3r
dazed808        k79              neoism
harSon          Oni Jazar        ianp622
mrklaw          burgerdog        seattle6418
Kingsora        marc^o^          Kalren
Slavik81        zaidr
DarknessTear    goku3000
ryan13ts        starblade
Gbeav           Mdk7
DevilWillcry    Robinspain

AzerPhire

Just ban everyone on that damn list for being so annoying and ruining a perfectly good thread. Where do you people think all these extra codes are going to come from anyways?

slider

EviLore said:
Probably don't want to be ignoring my directives.

Wakey, wakey people. Notice the bannings. And that's after WasabiKing had made that sticky.

I'm still experimenting with creating. Goddamn, it's very powerful. Although using a controller just doesn't work for me. Implement mouse support MM!

EDIT: Stealth editing ftw eh?

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
Ok now that the smoke is cleared;

How do you unlock extra background for your blank level? The only way I can create a Desert level for instance is by using the Desert template :(

filopilo

funkmastergeneral said:
Why did Sony make it so hard to get into this? this actually isn't a beta since the game already went gold, why not just release a demo on PSN

Because it's so much fun for free , people wouldn't feel the need to buy ! :)

Wollan

Nino said:
How do you unlock extra background for your blank level? The only way I can create a Desert level for instance is by using the Desert template :(
Probably found in the *not included* singleplayer.

Mahadev

I still think there should be a different thread for Beta key searching discussion and Little Big Planet beta impressions. This thread is a mess and it'll continue to be a mess since more beta keys will be distributed.

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
Wollan said:
Probably found in the *not included* singleplayer.
Hmm that's what I was afraid of. Kinda stupid to have the templates then. Ah well, back to my rocket-skateboard level.

Wow it's clearly judgement time.
btw does anyone already have copyright issues with one of his levels ?
Did they already take some levels down ?

is this beta a closed demo or is there actually a feedback mechanism in place? If so, has there been any word on whether these user created levels will live after the beta ends? I am not in the beta but some of the stuff coming out of it looks freaking awesome and I would love to get my hands on them at some point (plus, I fear that people will invest so much energy in beta creation that they will be severely deflated if the beta ends and all their creations get deleted).

If I ever manage to get a spare key (bloody unlikely) I'm going to specifically make sure I don't give it to someone whose name is appearing on these lists. Even if I have noone else to give it to.

STOP. SPAMMING. THREAD.

And horrible news on the gamespot beta contest. Odds are plummeting! Though with how nebulous the rules were half those people may not really be eligibile.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
funkmastergeneral said:
Why did Sony make it so hard to get into this? this actually isn't a beta since the game already went gold, why not just release a demo on PSN
closed betas are SUPPOSED to be hard to get into. they typically only want people who will actually help them test the game. Open betas are of course easy to get into, and typically are just used for stress testing. However being that the online portion of this is relatively small in terms of system loads they really don't need a stress test.

As for the demo, well, the answer is simple. No demo they could EFFECTIVELY release would be good. They would have to release a demo with gimped online (no level downloading or coop). I really haven't seen a permanently time limited demo on consoles, and on a game like this where levels usually only take a few minutes releasing a play time limited demo really wouldn't impair a lot of uses of this game and thus could hurt sales, unless play time was limited to like 45 seconds or something.

Trust me, we will not see ANY demo for this game whatsoever.

good to see the bannings. that list idea was utterly ridiculous. I don't have a code, and pretty much just tell myself "Meh, If I get one, awesome. If not it's like 3 weeks or so away." Acting like a freaking baby and outright begging was just stupid and downright pathetic.. bannings deserved.

the_prime_mover said:
is this beta a closed demo or is there actually a feedback mechanism in place? If so, has there been any word on whether these user created levels will live after the beta ends? I am not in the beta but some of the stuff coming out of it looks freaking awesome and I would love to get my hands on them at some point (plus, I fear that people will invest so much energy in beta creation that they will be severely deflated if the beta ends and all their creations get deleted).

user created levels in the beta will be in the full game at launch

Raw64life

Obviously it's still not a good idea to spam the thread with it but can I get a consensus as to whether a list more like this is acceptable?

Code:
LBP Beta Key Request List:

J. M. Romeo     akachan ningen   Justin Dailey
axis            Piggus           Raw64life
drohne          mileS            maxax
Chû Totoro      B3nfy            ristlager
XMonkey         CSSer            Cloud
Mister Chef     valion           MakMan
Sash            Casshern         DaFish
Gav             TheWiicast       Bojanglez
Billen          Wrestlemania     CriscoDisco
suffah          Snipes424        icechai
megateto        urge26           Sorc3r3r
dazed808        k79              neoism
harSon          Oni Jazar        ianp622
mrklaw          burgerdog        seattle6418
Kingsora        marc^o^          Kalren
Slavik81        zaidr
DarknessTear    goku3000
ryan13ts        starblade
Gbeav           Mdk7
DevilWillcry    Robinspain

DarkKyo

neojubei said:
wow, 10,000!!! gamespot must be happy with all the viewers.
I dont know why they made it a pool. Ugh, should have been first come first serve. I bet most of those people didn't even watch their crappy show.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Tntnnbltn said:
I published my handheld weapon prototype.

Title: GAF weapon demo
Image: The GAF logo

Ooh, interesting. I've just been working on a portable cannon of sorts! I'm gonna try out your level now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom