• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Longest Yard 2005 - Who's going to watch it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matlock

Banned
On one hand, it looks fairly entertaining.

On the other, it appears to be overblown and toned down although
Chris Rock will burn to death like Caretaker did in the original
...And a bit sillier.

I don't know what to think of this movie. :\

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
BOB BOB BOB

(shameless plug for my boy's acting career)

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
yeah. I'll probably see it. The trailer looks very so-so, but Rock was on Conan a couple nights ago and made it sound at least entertaining.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Blackace said:
BOB BOB BOB

(shameless plug for my boy's acting career)

Wait, wait...you know Bob Sapp? I'd think that'd be something you'd mention every now and again. I don't think I've ever seen you bring it up once, even when hardly related (or not even related at all, I mean come on, it's Bob Sapp! Let the secret out!)

Blackace

Archaix said:
Wait, wait...you know Bob Sapp? I'd think that'd be something you'd mention every now and again. I don't think I've ever seen you bring it up once, even when hardly related (or not even related at all, I mean come on, it's Bob Sapp! Let the secret out!)

anytime someone says he sucks in K-1 I have to let them know the deal! He's a good friend of mine I have known for quite some time. We met in Seattle a long time ago...before he became a mega star in Japan.

EDIT: I am quite sure I have said it a few times before...

olimario

Banned
r19590772744xq.jpg

"Please don't struggle, Mr. Rock.
We're removing you from this shitty remake for your own good."

Blackace

Ninja Scooter said:
you tell your "good friend" that i am issuing an open challenge to take his ass on any time, any place.

Are you sure you'd want to do that? Also, at this point if there ain't big dollars there isn't much point for him to prove anything... he has too much to lose if he broke he hand while pounding your skull...

acoustix

Im a Sandler fan but I think the previews for this film are turning me off.

Although seeing Romo bulldoze Nelly might be worth $7.50. :/

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I have zero interest in seeing The Waterboy 2: Welcome to Oz.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Blackace said:
anytime someone says he sucks in K-1 I have to let them know the deal! He's a good friend of mine I have known for quite some time. We met in Seattle a long time ago...before he became a mega star in Japan.

EDIT: I am quite sure I have said it a few times before...

Yeah, I was kind of going for sarcasm there. Fell flat, I suppose.

Shinobi

Never even seen the original version, so I copped the latest DVD version for like 12 bucks, which includes a few bucks off the remake. So I'll watch the DVD over the weekend, then watch the remake next week sometime. As long as Chris Rock makes me laugh a few times, I'll be fine.

dem

Sports guy has made me interested..

"Yeah, I never saw it. That's probably why I enjoyed this one a little more than you did. It's your typical Sandler movie, you know? Exactly what I expected from start to finish."

"Well, except for Courtney Cox's breasts in the opening scene."

"Yeah, I wasn't expecting those ... "

olimario

Banned
I worked booth today and caught some of it. It's pretty fucking horrible.
And the worst part?
Rob Schneider yelling out, "you can do it".
ugh

olimario said:
I worked booth today and caught some of it. It's pretty fucking horrible.
And the worst part?
Rob Schneider yelling out, "you can do it".
ugh

Why? It's pretty funny considering it's been in pretty much every Sandler movies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Littleberu said:
Why? It's pretty funny considering it's been in pretty much every Sandler movies.
I highly suspect you just answered your own question.

mas9055

Banned
olimario said:
r19590772744xq.jpg

"Please don't struggle, Mr. Rock.
We're removing you from this shitty remake for your own good."

It looks like he has no skull and you can see stright through to his brain. Weird.

Ferny84 said:
Hey let's all forget what the prisoners did (murder, rape, etc) and play some football!

Haha silly prisoners.

:lol It'd be funny if they made a realistic, OZ style remake of The Longest Yard. Adam Sandler is all like "Hey i need to recruit football players for a game against the guards..." and in the next scene he's getting gangraped by a bunch of aryans in the shower.

Blaster1X

Banned
Why on earth would anyone want to re-make a movie that hit the mark perfectly the first time around? And especially with that chump Adam Sandler in the lead role? He's such a wimp, NO ONE would believe him as a football player! I wish Hollywood would think up NEW movies, instead of re-hashing old ones, even if they ARE classics!

Macam

Banned
I really can't fathom anyone being even marginally interested in this, but then again, this is America.

calder

I know a lot of GAFers hate him for largely ridiculous reasons, but Ebert rocks. Easily my favourite reviewer of any media.

James Cromwell plays the warden. I have met him on industry occasions. He is a militant Screen Actors' Guild spokesman and a fiercely intelligent man who takes roles like this for the same reason I review them, because we are professionals and this is what we do. He would rather be in better movies and I would rather review them, but we have both seen a lot worse than this. There is a sense in which attacking this movie is like kicking a dog for not being better at calculus.
:lol

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
The movie was actually really funny, and it's going to make at least $50 mil this weekend, so obviously quite a few people are interested in seeing it.

Roger Ebert said:
I sit here staring at the computer screen and realizing with dread that the time has come for me to write a review justifying that vertical thumb, which is already on video and will go out to millions of TV viewers seeking guidance in their moviegoing.
YES PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO SEE SIR.

Blackace

All Hail C-Webb said:
The movie was actually really funny, and it's going to make at least $50 mil this weekend, so obviously quite a few people are interested in seeing it.

agreed the movie is a fun waste of time

DJ_Tet

Banned
So what's up with Courteney Cox's new assets? Does she show them off or is it just a cleavage shot?

Come on guys, lets talk about the one memorable part of the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom