• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Man in the High Castle tweets out promo, Trump supporters think it's about Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trump Supporters Get Mad Because They Think The Man in the High Castle's 'Resistance Radio' Is Real

Some conservatives and Donald Trump supporters are freaking out online because there’s a new pirate station called Resistance Radio, dedicated to fighting fascism and Nazi propaganda. Only one problem: It’s fake.

Amazon announced this week that it was launching Resistance Radio as a companion program for The Man in the High Castle, an alt-history drama loosely adapted from the Philip K. Dick novel. The pre-recorded radio program is basically a bunch of people talking about how the Third Reich is bad and does bad things. For some, they thought that applied to America’s current president (and/or they didn’t bother actually listening to it). In response, several irate opposers flocked to Amazon’s sponsored #ResistanceRadio hashtag to complain about the station’s “liberal agenda.”

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The hard hitting true to life documentary Wolfenstein The New Order really got them running scared when they heard there was a Nazi killing bad ass going on a rampage.

WedgeX

Banned
I only made it halfway through season two.

Did the Resistance
ever stop playing a villain role? Were any of them more relatable then Smith?

Steel

Banned
The hard hitting true to life documentary Wolfenstein The New Order really got them running scared when they heard their was a Nazi killing bad ass going on a rampage.

Anyone have that pict of fox putting on Bioshock infinite art to make a serious point?

Ithil

The dipshits always going on about "AGENDAS" like they never push for anything in their lives are tiresome. Just another scary buzzword that means nothing like "politicize".

what was the original tweet?

U1Ywtoi.png

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Season 1 is legit terrible.

It's a show where you wonder if the show runners were actually trying to make the worst leads ever.

The book isn't very good and really slow as well so if its at all close to the original novel I'm not surprised it makes for a really bad TV show with a great premise.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The book isn't very good and really slow as well so if its at all close to the original novel I'm not surprised it makes for a really bad TV show with a great premise.

That's what's so tragic, the premise and the look of the show is great but the characters ruin it all.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Veterans Take🔥❄🔥 @VeteransTake

What is this Left Wing Loonie #ResistanceRadio nonesense? Are they still resisting facts like Trump is President & Crooked may go 2 prison?

Man, they can't let Hilary go, huh?

Looking at the hashtag is hilarious.

Lots of "What are you resisting?!?!" quips.

The Trump cult quickly comes to the defense of their master even for perceived slights against him.

I'm surprised they haven't waged war on the color orange yet for making him look bad.

Flux

Veterans Take🔥❄🔥 @VeteransTake

What is this Left Wing Loonie #ResistanceRadio nonesense? Are they still resisting facts like Trump is President & Crooked may go 2 prison?

Man, they can't let Hilary go, huh?

No never. The hate runs so deep for women and minorities (Obama's case).

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Someone please reair Orson Welles' radio play of War of the Worlds. I want to see how these idiots react to it.

The modern version of this is fake news websites and tweets and that scenario has already played itself out to where we are right now.

LOL Trumpers are Triggered.

But anyway I'm done with this show. First season showed promise but S2 doubled down on the stupid, boring main characters.

As I said on the OT, you know you've fucked up a show when the NAZI is the most sympathetic person on it.

I like how the pissbaby reality blew pass Veep, easily pass The House of the Cards, and catching up to High Castle any minutes now.

Are we still in the Running Man realm or in Dredd already?

Looks like it.

It seems odd to launch a companion to a dead show.

Hopefully they get it out this year instead of next. Season 2 was way better than season 1.

Yeah I liked the latest season too. I just honestly didn't expect another season, I thought people didn't like the show that much. The season did end rather abruptly, though, so I guess I should've realized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom