• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mandalorian: Gina Carano joins the cast of Star Wars show

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/1...tar-wars-show?abthid=5bec8f053b9de7527d000806

Gina Carano, a former MMA fighter known for her roles in Deadpool and Fast & Furious 6, is joining the cast of Star Wars: The Mandalorian.

Per The Hollywood Reporter, Carano’s role has not yet been revealed. This comes after yesterday’s news that Pedro Pascal has been cast in the show’s leading role.
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M...jUxMjc1OTM@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,742_AL_.jpg
Taika Waititi, Bryce Dallas Howard and more have been confirmed to direct at least one episode each in the 10-episode first season. This season will reportedly cost Disney $100 million dollars to produce and will stream exclusively on Disney’s recently named Disney+, which will become available sometime next year.

In less positive news, Lucasfilm head Kathaleen Kennedy has reportedly confirmed that the Boba Fett movie is dead. However, The Mandalorian will feature a highly recognizable weapon from Boba Fett’s first appearance in the infamous Star Wars Holiday Special.

Carano was decent in that Soderbergh movie where she kicked every famous actor's ass. I can't remember anything about her in FF6 and Deadpool.

kunonabi

If Gal Gadot can get away with barely being able to say her lines or show more than 3 expressions in major motion pictures I'm sure Carano can handle a streaming SW show.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
If Gal Gadot can get away with barely being able to say her lines or show more than 3 expressions in major motion pictures I'm sure Carano can handle a streaming SW show.
I feel the character asked for that, it isn't a reflection of her acting range. She played an innocent super being, much like Leeloo in The Fifth Element.

kunonabi

I feel the character asked for that, it isn't a reflection of her acting range. She played an innocent super being, much like Leeloo in The Fifth Element.

That kind of just shows how huge the gulf in talent is. Mila showed tons more range and was 100x more times convincing and natural in her delivery with a completely made up language.

dan76

are mandalorians all that interesting to have a show surrounding them?
No, the only reason they're interesting is because of Boba Fett, but they don't want to do anything with the character. Might be for the best. Disney hasn't exactly been hitting it out of the park with Star Wars of late.

pel1300

The reason Boba Fett was cool was because Vader said to him "No disintegrations" to him, implying that Boba once defied him in the past, but Vader was willing to work with him again. He was treated with respect by Vader...unlike most characters.

Then when he detects the Millenium Falcon, he doesn't attack it or alert the Empire right away....he tracks them and detects where they are heading (Bespin)....then tells Vader, so that they can all show up in Cloud City before Han and crew get there.

He's so much smarter than The First Order...chasing the Resistance for 18 hours when it's so obvious they are going to salt planet.

AaronB

A Star Wars show, kinda involving Boba Fett, that will be exclusively on a brand new streaming service?

I submit my prediction for the most pirated show of the year.

The reason Boba Fett was cool was because Vader said to him "No disintegrations" to him, implying that Boba once defied him in the past, but Vader was willing to work with him again. He was treated with respect by Vader...unlike most characters.

Then when he detects the Millenium Falcon, he doesn't attack it or alert the Empire right away....he tracks them and detects where they are heading (Bespin)....then tells Vader, so that they can all show up in Cloud City before Han and crew get there.

He's so much smarter than The First Order...chasing the Resistance for 18 hours when it's so obvious they are going to salt planet.

He also looked like a badass motherfucker

jztsin8fvfi6.jpg

Stitch

Gold Member
Boba wasn't even a real Mandalorian.

The Mandalorians in Clone Wars and Rebels were interesting and there's a lot you can do with them for a series.

Could be interesting. Mandalore I only recognise initially from the KOTOR games and could be interesting as long as the force is kept as a reference or rare appearances, unless it kicks off and you had to kill them pesky jedi/sith.

Mandalorians with wookie pelts (savage I know) and collections of lightsabres won in battle = badassery I'd watch.

Could be interesting. Mandalore I only recognise initially from the KOTOR games and could be interesting as long as the force is kept as a reference or rare appearances, unless it kicks off and you had to kill them pesky jedi/sith.

Mandalorians with wookie pelts (savage I know) and collections of lightsabres won in battle = badassery I'd watch.
Not going to happen. We know a shit ton about Mandalore from Clone Wars and Rebels. None of that makes sense.

Not going to happen. We know a shit ton about Mandalore from Clone Wars and Rebels. None of that makes sense.

Knights of the old Republic was set in the lucas sw universe I forget and Disney are creating their own lore and universe so calm down padawan (jk). Will see how Disney continue before a subscription is considered.

Will revisit clone wars and check out rebels as its a chapter I missed for reasons.

Top Bottom