• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Marvel Studios SDCC Panel - No Stakes, Plenty of Shawarma

Finaj

Captain Marvel takes place in the 90s?

Hey, now Captain Marvel being Kamala Khan's idol could work in the MCU... just sayin'

Also, setting it in the 90s makes Ms. Marvel (Kamala) easier to do, since it does mean that Carol would have existed long enough to be idolized by a teenager.

Buckle

I hope she's just assaulting the other Avengers with outdated 90s references during Infinity War.

"Did I do thaaaaat?"

"Oh god..

"Ugh."

El Topo

Also, setting it in the 90s makes Ms. Marvel (Kamala) easier to do, since it does mean that Carol would have existed long enough to be idolized by a teenager.

How would that work, given that clearly no one in MCU seems to have heard of her and/or she was never brought up?

Boke1879

Is there anything in his contract saying he can't be in other movies? It's just movies. I highly doubt there is something in Fishburne's contract stating he can't appear in a marvel movie.

Kalentan

Captain Marvel comes out in 2019. If it's set in the early 90s, that's almost 30 years before.

I imagine they're going to pull a Captain America and freeze her. That or they make it so her powers slow her aging and she's been out in space this entire time hence why we haven't seen her before.

pcqu3GK.jpg

I hope she's just assaulting the other Avengers with outdated 90s references during Infinity War.

"Did I do thaaaaat?"

"Oh god..

"Ugh."

She's gonna be a hardcore Kevin Smith fan.

kunonabi

Costume looks a little to much like Cap due to the darker colors but it still looks good. Hair looks solid which is a major step up from the comics already.

mjc

"As long as the actors learn their lines and are believable, that's all that matter. And most of these people did not learn their lines."

Based Taika.

ZeoVGM

Banned

Nah, they're not going to retcon it so there was a female superhero flying around 20 years ago.

There's some shenanigans happening.

Anth0ny

told you fuckers Captain Marvel wasn't going to take place between Avengers 3 and 4.

Now expecting confirmation of the same for Antman and Wasp.

How would that work, given that clearly no one in MCU seems to have heard of her and/or she was never brought up?

Canonically, in the MCU, Ant-Man and the Wasp existed in 70s/80s.

Nah, they're not going to retcon it so there was a female superhero flying around 20 years ago.

There's some shenanigans happening.

See above. She was a secret SHIELD agent (which is why Fury is in this) and her biggest fights were out in space, in a world where we didn't know aliens existed until Thor/Avengers 1.

Top Bottom