• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Medium |OT| Silent Hells

Bartski

Gold Member
I really want it to be good.

I have seen some new material, enough to get the Jank Police on the case.

Looking forward to the metacritic summaries, hype rather deflated but I'm still firing it up as soon as it unlocks hoping for the vibe to win

manfestival

Is this worth my time as someone that does not generally play horror genre titles? My main reason for taking this into consideration is the fact that it is an early title for this gen and well.. it is a part of game pass.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Preloaded awhile ago. But I honestly don't know if I'll put Hitman 3 down for this. May just try to finish it first.

Hope this doesn't disappoint. Wasn't a fan of Blair Witch.
I wasn't a fan of Blair Witch either. It's by far the worst Bloober game I've played. It felt cheap and quickly thrown together. OTOH, Layers of Fear and especially The Observer I really enjoyed and this one looks like it's even much better.

Concern

I wasn't a fan of Blair Witch either. It's by far the worst Bloober game I've played. It felt cheap and quickly thrown together. OTOH, Layers of Fear and especially The Observer I really enjoyed and this one looks like it's even much better.

My only experience was with BW unfortunately. But I've really liked the look of this game since day one. Installed it as soon as I plugged in my xsx.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

An Xbox game OT can't make it one page without random warrior-yelling-at-clouds type posts. Cmon bruhs
They seem to be cracking after cyberpunk and hitman face offs.

I'll pick it up on game pass and give it a whirl though not my usual sort of game. Easily the best thing about gamepass, you can just try things out!

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
How the standards have dropped.
All this talk about next gen visuals ,ray tracing etc and look this game looks shit.
There is no sugar coating it.

Also dare i say the same individuals in this thread praise the shit out of this yet all i see is a cinematic game, a walking simulator, a point and click game....you know how they describe tlou2 and ghost and all sony exclusives.

The double standards here are on the same level like this biden fake president who bitched at trump about not doing enough about covid and look he now admits he cant do any more than was already done or just simple facts how california is reopening the first week under biden or how amazon is helping to distribute vaccines the first week under biden, not like they couldnt have done it under trump....but hey we are all conspiracy theorist or now under biden terrorist lol.

Look the game looks shit ,there is nothing here i havent seen or played before. This is by no means next gen and is just gamepass filler something you will have to get used to as we go further into this gen.

But hey i guess its at least something to play unlike on ps5.

And hey if you want to report me or ban me for pointing out facts lol do it.
I am shaking my head the last few weeks from all the grabage people write and defend here.

Oh how the standards have dropped on gaf.
Get help

Pre-loaded and ready to go on PC. Really hoping Bloober Team knock this one out of the park. Really enjoyed Observer, but have yet to play Layers of Fear. Would anyone recommend that?

GreenAlien

Pre-loaded and ready to go on PC. Really hoping Bloober Team knock this one out of the park. Really enjoyed Observer, but have yet to play Layers of Fear. Would anyone recommend that?
First one is alright for a walking sim, but not really scary.. Second one is boring.

Exentryk

Observer is their best game. Layers of Fear is a step down, but perhaps better than Blair Witch. I don't rate it as a good game and would only recommend it if you love this genre.

I'm hoping Bloober team has learned and improved with this game (The Medium).

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
All this talk about next gen visuals ,ray tracing etc and look this game looks shit.

Also dare i say the same individuals in this thread praise the shit out of this yet all i see is a cinematic game, a walking simulator, a point and click game....you know how they describe tlou2 and ghost and all sony exclusives.

The double standards here are on the same level like this biden fake president who bitched at trump about not doing enough about covid and look he now admits he cant do any more than was already done or just simple facts how california is reopening the first week under biden or how amazon is helping to distribute vaccines the first week under biden, not like they couldnt have done it under trump....but hey we are all conspiracy theorist or now under biden terrorist lol.

Look the game looks shit ,there is nothing here i havent seen or played before. This is by no means next gen and is just gamepass filler something you will have to get used to as we go further into this gen.

I am shaking my head the last few weeks from all the grabage people write and defend here.

How dare you

e&e

Banned

Edit: Nvm, just noticed the ban! 😐

Last edited:

DustQueen

Banned
There is no sugar coating it

Medium is like Stalin when he refused to invade Poland along side Hitler so Europe ll go to war so He could invade it while it is weak.

Is it the coincidence that devs are from Poland?
Exactly.

Where are the reviews?
Is it Nazis preventing them from being released...could be

Last edited:

Fredrik

Mixed reviews. Good thing it’s on Gamepass, it’ll be very interesting to try this!
30fps is disappointing though... But it’s understandable I guess, seems like it’s rendering dual game worlds.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I don't have the PC for this, and it apparently runs a bit shit anyway. Will wait for patches.

But the soundtrack....is fucking ace.

Data Ghost

Watched the Digital Foundry vid last night and I must say the scenery (in the real world in particular) looks very atmospheric. I have read the reviews and this seems like the kind of game I will enjoy.

BigLee74

Looking forward to trying this out. Getting Alone In The Dark and Resident Evil vibes!

I also enjoyed their Layers Of Fear (despite its performance on the original x1), so am quite confident I’m going to like this one.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I've played the first hour and I am loving it.
If you like the traditional silent hills this game is for you.
That makes 2 of us at least. Horror games don't scare me, but this game at least early on really sets the mood. It gives me a super creepy uneasy feeling. I'm also liking the dual screen deal, it's very cool so far, I just hope it doesn't start feeling repetitious or monotonous after a while. I just hope the story doesn't turn out to be nonsense like a lot of horrro games.

That part right after you meet Sadness and you go out of your body and get that jump scare... scariest thing I have ever seen in a video game. The music and atmosphere are really well done.

wolywood

Still in the initial section/prologue but visually at least this is what I expected from next gen. Ray tracing really makes a difference.

cormack12

Gold Member
Game is a looker. Not encountered any real technical issues yet. Had one frame stutter. Not far in, just got to Niwa.

The camera angle took about ten mins to get used to and it suffers from holding the stick in one direction and timing the continuation of movement but generally it worke for the style.

At the moment reminds me a bit of Beyond: Two Souls and I was curious so checked out the metacritic which was 72. I dont think these types of games score well I guess but definitely have an audience.

Screenshots probably don't do it justice. However I don't see a walking simulator being a huge breakout hit. Probably Quantum Break 2.0.

Top Bottom