• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mega Man Legacy Collection has been patched

Piccoro

Yeah, last night I played a lot of Rockman 1 and Mega Man 4 and found no issues.
Before the patch, if I entered the game and loaded a save state quickly the audio would "crackle" (especially in the level select), but that's gone now. :)

univbee

This is going to be a weird as hell question but does anyone have the exact filesize for the patch? I maintain a list/database of PS4 patch sizes for people with limited internet options and this is one of the few games I don't own a physical copy of (I have the digital version but it already patched for me and a redownload will just download pre-patched so I can't poll the patch size). I'm not expecting it to be significant in size but I've got over 150 patch sizes of PS4 games and wouldn't mind an updated value for this game.

eXistor

Too bad I just finished the all the games, but still, better late than never. The audio really was pretty bad.

This is going to be a weird as hell question but does anyone have the exact filesize for the patch? I maintain a list/database of PS4 patch sizes for people with limited internet options and this is one of the few games I don't own a physical copy of (I have the digital version but it already patched for me and a redownload will just download pre-patched so I can't poll the patch size). I'm not expecting it to be significant in size but I've got over 150 patch sizes of PS4 games and wouldn't mind an updated value for this game.

I'll check for you, give me a sec.

Edit: 311.0 MB on PS4, it seems.

Guess what updated on Steam, ya Blue Bombers.

zDD0xZ7.png

I didn't expect there to be a patch for the 3DS version. I actually played all the way through the English version of MM5, so it's definitely playable. But yeah, the Rockman version runs smoother.

I have an unopened copy of the 3DSCE too, but it's unopened because I already got it digitally and beat all the games, and I don't have a device to read the amiibo yet.

Honestly, the games perform pretty well. An emulator on a computer is an option to play retro games of course, but this collection isn't too bad and it's a decent way to play them on the 3DS. They look a bit better than the VC releases, and they have autofire, which I love to use.

I'll just use Retroarch or something to emulate them on my 3ds. Haven't updated my 3ds emulators in months (wife has been using it for an import of Style Saavy 2 from Europe) but I'll have to sit down and do a bit of research.

I just started playing the 3ds version, anyone can tell me what the issues are and if there are workarounds and stuff? Is it still enjoyable?

Is it worse than the Binding of Isaac port? Because I played that to death even with the bugs.

Meh3D

I just started playing the 3ds version, anyone can tell me what the issues are and if there are workarounds and stuff? Is it still enjoyable?

Is it worse than the Binding of Isaac port? Because I played that to death even with the bugs.

The Japanese versions are the work around. Besides the slow down there is an annoying issue where you have a black bar on one side and the other side has this horrible pop in. There are many more issues. (Damn Crapcom!)

Just play the Japanese versions.

Don't own a PS4 (yet), is the 3DS version worth getting for the exclusive challenges (I have a Mega Man Amiibo ready to go)? Am I reading correctly that the 3DS version may not get patched since its quirks are at least partly due to hardware tricks it's pulling?

Demoskinos

I'm surprised it got patched. That's good to hear. I still have it installed. Might have to give it a run this week.

I just got to Mega Man 5 on the 3DS version.

How in the fuck did they let this out the door? The sound is terrible, it's constantly filled with static and is completely off. How did no one catch this shit? how did they think it was okay to put this out there in this condition?

Sure, you can just play the Rockman version of MM5 but that's not the point. this is such a glaringly obvious bug that i'm surprised so many people signed off on the 3DS version coming out in this state. Did no one even bother to load MM5 on a normal 3DS just once?

How in the fuck did they let this out the door? The sound is terrible, it's constantly filled with static and is completely off. How did no one catch this shit? how did they think it was okay to put this out there in this condition?

Sure, you can just play the Rockman version of MM5 but that's not the point. this is such a glaringly obvious bug that i'm surprised so many people signed off on the 3DS version coming out in this state. Did no one even bother to load MM5 on a normal 3DS just once?

It's pretty ridiculous, for sure.

still hearing crackling audio on PS4, anyone else ?

Yeah, it's definitely still there. The patch really didn't fix all that much, audio-wise, on PS4.

Rockman 5 runs a lot better and since we have the option to play that version, it makes this problem less worse. However, oddly enough, when the 3DS version came out and people noticed the problems with MM5, Frank Cidalfi tweeted that he was "surprised" by it. I don't know how they didn't notice it until it was released...

Dezzy

It's been a while now, how is the PS4(pro) version these days? Can you play through all 6 games with minimal audio issues?

GrayFoxPL

It's been a while now, how is the PS4(pro) version these days? Can you play through all 6 games with minimal audio issues?

I didn't play this pre patch but I finished MM1 and part of 2 today on PS4 and the audio crackling was annoying. Not all the time but immediately noticed when in happened.

OmegaDL50

Just picked the MM Legacy Collection combo pack during the current PSN sale.

To be honest the audio cracking sounds like a bad rip from a scratched CD. Like making MP3s from a poor copy.

Makes me wonder if someone could go into the audio files from the PC version and find out if the cracking is a result from the game itself or it's directly from the audio source, which would confirm my theory they just used bad audio rip, rather than getting a direct source or a clean copy of the audio.

I've ripped MP3s from audio CDs before and some of the bad rips I've did have same sort of audio crackles, so this makes me suspect the same thing happened here.

Top Bottom