• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread |OT|

HF2014

In case you haven't heard Eruption yet, you might enjoy these. Hell, for how many times Testament, Megadeth, King Diamond and even Artillery, among other thrash bands have been dropped in this thread, I would bet many would enjoy them.

Thanks for this suggestion, but still, god i feel like my parent when i was younger, they were stuck on their 70s music and could not take newer music, i feel the same way as im getting older, most of what im enjoying is stuff from about mid 80s to mid 90s. Iv listen later to some newer stuff like Slipknot, Disturbed,Nightwish, and now today, this music feel not good for me, well, really not as good as before. Only recent album im able to enjoy a lot is Megadeth Dystopia which i find absolutely amazing, even just ordered the physical copy of the limited edition with the 3 extra songs on it ( and god, after Countdown to Extinction, i really felt this band was just releasing below average albums ).Hardwired from Metallica is good, could say the same thing with Death Magnetic, but alway feeling Kill Em All, Ride The Lightning, And Justice and Garage Days my best album (will always get flamed about this, i did not forget Master of Puppets, its stangely an album as i get older i enjoy less than the 4 others ). But after that, all the oldies band like Slayer, Testament, Anthrax etc still do some albums once in a while, there is a good track here and there, but no album has captivate me as much as Dystopia. Oh, and for ´newer’ stuff, there is Evil Invaders which made two amazing song i like, but beside these songs, nothing else is hooking me up. Its as usual, one or two song here and there, but no near full albums getting all my attention!

teezzy

Banned

zA8r4uK.gif

HF2014

Holy smoke! Been claiming that most recent efforts from old band are not just as good to the old, and for the first time iv listen to the new Testament - Titans of Creation album, and its pretty good! A few songs remind me what iv loved from Practice What You Preach, Chuck Billy voice can really make a difference with a song to make it feel better! Just fuckin sad because of Covid he got it and who know if he will be able to sing as he use to again...

Here are my top 3 songs so far:

Scotty W

Gold Member
fuck man im so happy i got into slayer!

i used to hate them (i think the vocals turned me off.... no fucking idea what the hell was wrong with me lol, so dont ask).

You might enjoy this Vek Vek.

I cannot stand the production on the Hell Awaits album. Hearing this demo- even though it has no vocals- was like discovering an entirely new Slayer album.

The worst songs on the album- At Dawn They Sleep, Crypts of Eternity and Hardening of the Arteries- absolutely slay here.

Kev Kev

You might enjoy this Vek Vek.

I cannot stand the production on the Hell Awaits album. Hearing this demo- even though it has no vocals- was like discovering an entirely new Slayer album.

The worst songs on the album- At Dawn They Sleep, Crypts of Eternity and Hardening of the Arteries- absolutely slay here.

oh fuck yes, this is so much better!
200.gif

and wtf get out of my mind i always felt the same about hell awaits. show no mercy as well. honestly, ive always felt if they just took off some of the (ridiculous) amount of reverb on his vocals those albums would sound so much better. honestly dont think ive listened t either of those more than a hand full of times.

thanks! i never knew that rehearsal cut existed but im lovin it

Last edited:

HF2014

Blast from the past! Holy smoke, was on a random channel on youtube and someone pop out this album, Atrophy - Violent by Nature. This song, well i think its the best, just return me back to my young metal years when i started listening to metal like nearly 30 years ago. Totally forgot that band and that awesome song! Enjoy!

HF2014

Hey all, need your input on this if your buying cds.

I just bought Megadeth - Dystopia from ebay. Looked to me the Best Buy edition which contain 2 extra songs, but noticed finally this version got 14 song rather than 13. ( regular got 11 ).

Trying to find more information about it, no barcode, the bottom back have parts written in japanese, look up, the japanese version only got 12 song with 1 extra song. Finally found some code on the side, look up discogs and it exactly what it give me: https://www.discogs.com/Megadeth-Dystopia/release/8144507

Its labeled as a Russia CD, and seem to be Unofficial released, even forbidden to be sold on discogs.

what the fuck did i just bought? A pirate copy? Anyone know what this version is all about?

teezzy

Banned

IIIIII've been staring at her lying stiillllll for soooo looong
Waaaaaiting for this endless night to color intoooo dawnnnnn

But it's never lifting
Always shifting
No one can breathe

It holds me under, and this drags down yoooouuuu
This breaks what was made one into two

Twooooo

HF2014

Ok. Got an answer from my previous post about CD i bought. I did get an illegal copy. Didnt knew this was a thing at all. The thing look 100% real, but its not real. Oh well, wont complain with the price i paid for. Was not aware at all that copies from cd were existing!

Kev Kev

these mother fuckers can bang. been all about this shit lately

IIIIII've been staring at her lying stiillllll for soooo looong
Waaaaaiting for this endless night to color intoooo dawnnnnn

But it's never lifting
Always shifting
No one can breathe

It holds me under, and this drags down yoooouuuu
This breaks what was made one into two

Twooooo

dude i will always fucking love this band. they just keep releasing solid albums. i straight up almost got a tattoo of the entire speaking section of delusion pandemic. i didnt get it but it was a huge inspiration for me gettin clean and working out, going back to school, and jsut so much more. fucking love randy blythe perspective and lyrics, cant imagine the hell he went through... here's that passage i was talking about, powerful shit...

Now it's the moment that everything can change
You are completely responsible for your own life
And no one it's coming to save you from yourself
So stop blaming your problems or any or everything else
It does not matter one tiny fucking bit
How unfair you think the world is, it's only what you do
Right here, right now
Right this fucking instant that matters
It's your choice to
Sink or swim

Last edited:

Duellist

RIP Martin Birch. Legendary Producer of some of the greatest Metal and hard rock albums.

teezzy

Banned
Nice band bro thanks.

Yeah no problem duder.

These channels are gold mines, by the way, for what you're looking for:

Have fun!

\m/

VN1X

Banned
That new Orbit Culture album is all sorts of fantastic and I can't believe these guys aren't bigger. They should be on all mainstages across festivals everywhere imo!

Top Bottom