• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread |OT|

bronk

Banned
Last edited:

Kev Kev

Some good beat down right there I really enjoy them too.

I bumped Necrophagist hard in high school. So damn technical

Love this song

My contribution is an old absolute banger

fuck yes i love deathsquad!! :messenger_horns::messenger_horns::messenger_fire::messenger_fire::messenger_fire:

i wish these assholes would release a new album already. this track is nasty af

fuck it im on a roll. for anyone who doesnt like slam, check the first track on this album. if that doesnt change your mind, then nothing will and its just not for you. that first groove is some of the heaviest shit ever. also one of the highest quality recordings ive heard come from any death metal band. it sounds fantastic and hits hard af

Last edited:

bronk

Banned
fuck yes i love deathsquad!! :messenger_horns::messenger_horns::messenger_fire::messenger_fire::messenger_fire:

i wish these assholes would release a new album already. this track is nasty af

fuck it im on a roll. for anyone who doesnt like slam, check the first track on this album. if that doesnt change your mind, then nothing will and its just not for you. that first groove is some of the heaviest shit ever. also one of the highest quality recordings ive heard come from any death metal band. it sounds fantastic and hits hard af

Hell yea bro! Our tastes are the same I love both of those bands. Slam Worldwide is such a damn good follow.

Gonna throw some random stuff out there. Respect the throats haha.

I'll try to post in here more. One of my favorite threads. I kind of want to make a Nü metal thread instead of posting it all in here. What do you guys think? brap brap

Last edited:

HF2014

Ah, GAF, you make me think about metal a lot more...

closest thing to a waifu singing:

It always bang my head on how Papa Roach with Getting Away With Murder never get sued because the beginning of both songs are nearly identical.

notseqi

It always bang my head on how Papa Roach with Getting Away With Murder never get sued because the beginning of both songs are nearly identical.

I think that is only for shitty music or absolute narcissists... I am not sure how this many metal covers can exist when there are so many legal reasons not to have them. For example, Piranha covered by Six Feet Under on an album full of covers and the nice cover of Hells Bells by a small german band. I think and hope that the original creators feel pleasantly tickled by an interpretation of their songs. 'If you can improve, please do.'

A bit of a sad reason to have a cover, Windir's follow up reformed without the singer to a band called Vreid, due to the singer freezing to death in a trve scandinavian winter. His brother went for vocals on the last Windir DVD in honor of that singer and he is present in the video I am posting. Thing is, he is just singing for a single song - he isn't very good, flat and almost indistinguishable - but the guitarwork on this one, especially on the switch mid track, is amazing and something I frequently dream about. The vocals by the original member are hauntingly beautiful, especially for a live version.

HF2014

I think that is only for shitty music or absolute narcissists... I am not sure how this many metal covers can exist when there are so many legal reasons not to have them. For example, Piranha covered by Six Feet Under on an album full of covers and the nice cover of Hells Bells by a small german band. I think and hope that the original creators feel pleasantly tickled by an interpretation of their songs. 'If you can improve, please do.'

A bit of a sad reason to have a cover, Windir's follow up reformed without the singer to a band called Vreid, due to the singer freezing to death in a trve scandinavian winter. His brother went for vocals on the last Windir DVD in honor of that singer and he is present in the video I am posting. Thing is, he is just singing for a single song - he isn't very good, flat and almost indistinguishable - but the guitarwork on this one, especially on the switch mid track, is amazing and something I frequently dream about. The vocals by the original member are hauntingly beautiful, especially for a live version.

Yeah, but there is a difference between a cover of a song, which normally get the go from the original band singing it, and parts of songs which sound nearly identical that didnt get approved. Cant put an example here because i dont remember which band, a pop or rock band i think got in court for using similar beats of an original song. Another example is Metallica Sad But True and Avenged Sevenfold This Mean War, but this time, i beleive they got the ‘ok’ to do it. Papa Roach seem to have receive no attention about this, the more popular and knowned band was Papa Roach when Arch Enemy was more unknowned. I just hated Papa Roach lol, and still do! 😬

teezzy

Banned
Bringin more of that FIIIYAAAAAAH!!!

transparent-fire-gif.gif

Shit is straight flames.

bronk

Banned
Hey Kev Kev Kev Kev you like Harlekin? They've grown on me. Im random with beatdown. I've liked it more recently. I really like Cold Hard Truth but dislike many beatdown bands. Idk I sort of like everything.

And here's an absolute classic. This band was on steady rotation in my beatdown civic with an obnoxious sound system and couple 12s in high school.

Deleted Symphony for the Beaten Down
What a fucking dope album name.

Anyone who hasnt heard of Soilent Green please check them out.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

Hey Kev Kev Kev Kev you like Harlekin? They've grown on me. Im random with beatdown. I've liked it more recently. I really like Cold Hard Truth but dislike many beatdown bands. Idk I sort of like everything.

And here's an absolute classic. This band was on steady rotation in my beatdown civic with an obnoxious sound system and couple 12s in high school.

Deleted Symphony for the Beaten Down
What a fucking dope album name.

Anyone who hasnt heard of Soilent Green please check them out.

thanks for the tunes! i enjoyed them

harlekin i kind of like, but not crazy about the other band. actually never heard of them, but i skimmed through these two songs and i dont think its quite my flavor... i did like the second song much more though! harlekin comes up in my spotify rotation sometimes. usually songs from that album too. they are pretty dope.

i used to be way fmore open to metal until i got into slam. every since then every other metal band else just sounds like im listening to a kids bop album where they rewrote and watered down a bunch of metal songs.

i kind of hate bc slam is just the same thing over and over again lol. but it has a rawness about it, a no bullshit, no frills, very minimal effects, no shiny outer layer. just that raw, smashmouth feel to it. i dont know how to explain it, i jsut know it when i hear it...

which is why cold hard truth was so appealing to me. it actually sounds more like slam to me, just a little different, and apparently thats called "beatdown hardcore" or whatever (i kind of hate all the sub genre names... its all just metal to me lol, but at the same time i get it). heres another band that has that "it" factor for me... kind of old school... i think this album is from 99 but it still hits hard, and i think they are still around too. thats the other thing, sometimes i dont want the recording to be nice and shiny either. i like a little bit of dirtyness to the sound. anyway, you may have heard them before, but here it is: internal bleeding (fromt he album Driven to Conquer)

and another: parasitic ejaculation

and one of the "holy grails" of underground death metal has been (well, for me at least) :messenger_fire::messenger_fire::messenger_fire: dying fetus: reign supreme :messenger_fire::messenger_fire::messenger_fire:. this is reignited my love for metal and is pretty much responsible for me getting into death metal/slam. this album is striaght up some of the best metal ive ever heard. they just fucking nailed it with this one. im sure you heard it already. but for anyone out there who hasnt, you got to. its as close as a "classic" as you can get without going back to cannibal corpse and slayer. in the trenches is my fav from the album... just look at that album art, so fucking beast... all i know is this album still reigns supreme for me

so i dunno man. thats the best that i can show/explain what im into. i kind of never know until i hear it. and im alwasy looking for something a little different, but still heavy, like cold hard truth. thansk again for the suggestions! keep em coming im always looking for new metals :messenger_horns:

Last edited:

bronk

Banned
thanks for the tunes! i enjoyed them

harlekin i kind of like, but not crazy about the other band. actually never heard of them, but i skimmed through these two songs and i dont think its quite my flavor... i did like the second song much more though! harlekin comes up in my spotify rotation sometimes. usually songs from that album too. they are pretty dope.

i used to be way fmore open to metal until i got into slam. every since then every other metal band else just sounds like im listening to a kids bop album where they rewrote and watered down a bunch of metal songs.

i kind of hate bc slam is just the same thing over and over again lol. but it has a rawness about it, a no bullshit, no frills, very minimal effects, no shiny outer layer. just that raw, smashmouth feel to it. i dont know how to explain it, i jsut know it when i hear it...

which is why cold hard truth was so appealing to me. it actually sounds more like slam to me, just a little different, and apparently thats called "beatdown hardcore" or whatever (i kind of hate all the sub genre names... its all just metal to me lol, but at the same time i get it). heres another band that has that "it" factor for me... kind of old school... i think this album is from 99 but it still hits hard, and i think they are still around too. thats the other thing, sometimes i dont want the recording to be nice and shiny either. i like a little bit of dirtyness to the sound. anyway, you may have heard them before, but here it is: internal bleeding (fromt he album Driven to Conquer)

and another: parasitic ejaculation

and one of the "holy grails" of underground death metal has been (well, for me at least) :messenger_fire::messenger_fire::messenger_fire: dying fetus: reign supreme :messenger_fire::messenger_fire::messenger_fire:. this is reignited my love for metal and is pretty much responsible for me getting into death metal/slam. this album is striaght up some of the best metal ive ever heard. they just fucking nailed it with this one. im sure you heard it already. but for anyone out there who hasnt, you got to. its as close as a "classic" as you can get without going back to cannibal corpse and slayer. in the trenches is my fav from the album... just look at that album art, so fucking beast... all i know is this album still reigns supreme for me

so i dunno man. thats the best that i can show/explain what im into. i kind of never know until i hear it. and im alwasy looking for something a little different, but still heavy, like cold hard truth. thansk again for the suggestions! keep em coming im always looking for new metals :messenger_horns:

My fuckin blood brother. Dying Fetus is one of my favorite bands. Destroy the Opposition is my favorite album but I love them all. Slam is so dope. I also like everything even numetal still but id agree last few years slam has been near the top of what I enjoy. Dying Fetus, Aborted and Misery Index have always been my favorites. Ive seen them live a ton and they all always kill.

And a slam classic for good measure

teezzy

Banned
My tastes are definitely getting doomier and more sludgy as I get older. I'm especially fond of niche subgenres like Doomgaze and Atmosludge where theres a heavy post metal influence.

Last edited:

bronk

Banned
My tastes are definitely getting doomier and more sludgy as I get older. I'm especially fond of niche subgenres like Doomgaze and Atmosludge where theres a heavy post metal influence.
Did you listen to Soilent Green a few posts up? They have a doomy/sludge sound in there.

These guys rip. Seen em at a small bar in Long Beach on a Wednesday night or something.

Duellist

Singer of Power Trip Died. So young too, wonder what happened? RIP

Last edited:
Singer of Power Trip Died. So young too, wonder what happened? RIP

Fuck, that sucks

I_D

The Youtube recommendations have really been on point lately:

Barren Earth - Curse of the Red River

It's a very progressive album, and it sounds pretty unique from other bands that I'm aware of.
They have multiple vocalists, so they're able to cover some diverse ranges in their songs.

Last edited:
Top of the page had me all confused when I saw Deathsquad and heard the video, because I was thinking of a different band called Deadsquad.

Alternative version:

Some badass drumming by Jon Rice

Last edited:
Top Bottom