• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Thread |OT|

VN1X

Banned
So out of the all the January releases so far this is my ranking:

1. Fit For An Autopsy - Oh What the Future Holds
2. Enterprise Earth - The Chosen
3. Underoath - Voyeurist
4. Shadow of Intent - Elegy
5. ENOX - Euphoria
6. One Decade - Chromesthesia

What a way to kick off 2022!

VN1X

Banned
Fuckin' hell Arch Echo killing it again. So good I had to buy the flac lol.

That Meshuggah track wasn't half bad either but I tend to usually prefer to listen to their tracks in the context of the full album so can't wait to hear more.

Last edited:

Loke

Meshuggah track wasn't half bad either but I tend to usually prefer to listen to their tracks in the context of the full album so can't wait to hear more.
Yeah, you can say that about most Meshuggah albums. Their stuff takes a while to digest since it's so weird and unrelenting. Such a unique band.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Witchcryer's cover of Witchfinder General's "Witchfinder General"

MixedHerbs

Neo Member

Loved the original back in the days, but this version totally blows it out of the water. Always gets the blood sugar up during the afternoon dip

Rest

Witchfinder General - Witchfinder General

Rest

Accidentally found this "gem".

That intro has serious Guts Man's Ass vibes.

So anyway, the Foo Fighters made a thrash album.

Dream Widow - March of the Insane​

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
What do we all make of that new Ghost album then?

I think it's really good. "Darkness at the Heart of my Love" and "Twenties" being my favourites right now.

I've been on a power metal trip for the last few months, (re)discovering some old stuff I barely listened to at the time...

I feel like I missed so many great bands... next on my list are Symphony X, Gamma Ray and Helloween.

whiskeyjack-YT

Neo Member
Is this the right thread?

Tired of "new" playlists with titles like "Metal 2022" that have songs from the 90s?

Me too.

As good as those oldies but goldies are I'm always looking out for some new metal to lose my shit to. Hence, I started putting together few playlists on Spotify that I actively update - and comb if the release proves not to sit right with the theme of the playlist.

First off: THRASH!

Like/subscribe or however its done to keep getting new stuff! Share if you have mates who love some proper thrash!

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
So... I know we all have wildly different tastes here but imma attempt to find common ground once again :p
Recently I've really been enjoying these new releases:

One Decade - Chromesthesia
Fit For an Autopsy - Oh What the Future Holds
Monuments - In Stasis
Greyhaven - This Bright and Beautiful World
Belmont - Aftermath

Currently listening to the new Northlane album and am a bit annoyed it just starts with all the singles lol. Oh well, if it has the same quality as the singles themselves I'll be more than happy!

Last edited:

Doomtrain

I've been enjoying the new Monuments and Northlane a lot. I don't know if I like Obsidian more than I liked Alien, but it's a pretty great, outside-the-box album in its own right.

Kev Kev

10 years later this album still reigns fuckin supreme.

i never thought about it before but honestly this is the album that got me back into metal. glad i did as metal has only gotten better since and continues to do so

Last edited:

Kev Kev

Cd5bYht.jpg

VN1X

Banned
Some Alien-inspired slamcore for yous.

It's actually fantastic.

They even put out a limited edition cassette!

0028766581_10.jpg

0028766583_10.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom